Apr 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/3/2012
File Transfer...
30/6/2012
so how long are they planning to keep us waiting before they open the office again!!! all these delays again are not gonna be considered!!!

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
Canada Wolf said:
so how long are they planning to keep us waiting before they open the office again!!! all these delays again are not gonna be considered!!!
I wonder the same thing everyday!! I look into my email & ecas every single day thinking that I might find something miraculously..

..only God knows :-\

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Canada Wolf said:
Cairo is not a safe place at the moment. Maybe give the Egyptians some room to handle their domestic affairs before you blame their revolution on CIC.

Canada Wolf

Star Member
Apr 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/3/2012
File Transfer...
30/6/2012
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Cairo is not a safe place at the moment. Maybe give the Egyptians some room to handle their domestic affairs before you blame their revolution on CIC.
[/quote
As if its only unsafe for the canadian officers to be in Egypt at the moment. What about other canadians that are stuck in Egypt because of this situation!! We are expecting Canada to shorten the suffering of its citizens not to elong it!! As if it's their fault to marry a none Canadian citizen, Cairo office had dramatic delays since 2012... And the only ppl who are suffering is us putting our lives on hold until we receive an answer from Cairo office... Obviously we do not care about those domestic problems what so ever as we are not planning to live in Egypt... It's very easy for you to speak in this direction. You are settled in Canada already.. Then why do you even waste your time and bother to answer....

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Canada Wolf said:
CanadianJeepGuy said:
[/quote
As if its only unsafe for the canadian officers to be in Egypt at the moment. What about other canadians that are stuck in Egypt because of this situation!! We are expecting Canada to shorten the suffering of its citizens not to elong it!! As if it's their fault to marry a none Canadian citizen, Cairo office had dramatic delays since 2012... And the only ppl who are suffering is us putting our lives on hold until we receive an answer from Cairo office... Obviously we do not care about those domestic problems what so ever as we are not planning to live in Egypt... It's very easy for you to speak in this direction. You are settled in Canada already.. Then why do you even waste your time and bother to answer....
Canadians that are in Egypt have been told to leave as they are in any part of the world experiencing domestic strife. Sponsor's spouses/partners are not Canadians yet and should have enough knowledge of their region to live safely until their applications can be completed.

Delays are happening in embassies all over the world. The Canadian government have closed foreign offices and redirected applications into central offices creating a backlog. Domestic unrest only adds to the problem. Which is what has happened in Cairo since the Egyptian Spring.

You should care about what happens in Cairo because it has affects that reach out beyond its borders.

I went through delays and lost documents during my wife's application like many people. If people want to put blame on things then they need to put blame in the right direction. It is not the fault of the embassy that Egyptians are struggling to establish democracy. It is the fault of the government that they close visa offices and refuse to negotiate a contract with those employees.

Canada Wolf

Star Member
Apr 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/3/2012
File Transfer...
30/6/2012
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Canadians that are in Egypt have been told to leave as they are in any part of the world experiencing domestic strife. Sponsor's spouses/partners are not Canadians yet and should have enough knowledge of their region to live safely until their applications can be completed.

Delays are happening in embassies all over the world. The Canadian government have closed foreign offices and redirected applications into central offices creating a backlog. Domestic unrest only adds to the problem. Which is what has happened in Cairo since the Egyptian Spring.

You should care about what happens in Cairo because it has affects that reach out beyond its borders.

I went through delays and lost documents during my wife's application like many people. If people want to put blame on things then they need to put blame in the right direction. It is not the fault of the embassy that Egyptians are struggling to establish democracy. It is the fault of the government that they close visa offices and refuse to negotiate a contract with those employees.
Yeah it's very easy to be said than done, obviously you have no clue of what you are talking about. that you have to leave your family behind you in a country that you know it's not it's not safe or live there and suffer of insecurity....if they want to close the office they can find another way to keep the work flow going..and not to keep the families apart . all kinds of other visas are being processed online... who knows this democracy thing might take a year of instability..and what does it mean to put blames on the right direction? there is not out come of this conversation anyways as you have nothing to do with this topic..

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
wow... not liking what I am seeing on this page... I haven't been here for a few days. My opinion (like it or not) I hope ALL Egyptians get what they are fighting for... someone commented that its not your business... and another commented that they dont care cuz they wont live in Egypt... well .... straight up.. it IS my business... and I DO CARE as my heart and SOUL live on Egyptian soil.... so I as well as many others have EVERY RIGHT to shout out some support to our Egyptian loved ones! I dare anyone to tell me otherwise :mad:

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Canada Wolf said:
Yeah it's very easy to be said than done, obviously you have no clue of what you are talking about. that you have to leave your family behind you in a country that you know it's not it's not safe or live there and suffer of insecurity....if they want to close the office they can find another way to keep the work flow going..and not to keep the families apart . all kinds of other visas are being processed online... who knows this democracy thing might take a year of instability..and what does it mean to put blames on the right direction? there is not out come of this conversation anyways as you have nothing to do with this topic..
Here is what you need to do:

1) Contact the current Egyptian regime and ask them to maintain order so the Embassy can go back to work.
2) Contact the PMO and ask them to resolve the labour dispute they encouraged with the FSW's.

That is what I mean by putting blame in the right direction.

Why do I not have anything to do with this topic? Because I'm not Egyptian? Not a Muslim? No longer waiting in process?

Ahmegan

Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-12-2012
File Transfer...
15-01-2013
Interview........
19-05-2013 (rejected)
CanadianJeepGuy said:
LOL...this is the reason why Egyptians will never have democracy. They can't stand the idea of free speech and the criticism that comes with it.
What is so special about Egypt that I cannot wish them well in their endeavours to be free?
THAT is one area you "bashed" Egypt thank you, and replying to comments made by other egyptians on this page in the rude way you are is also bashing Egypt.

Ahmegan

Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-12-2012
File Transfer...
15-01-2013
Interview........
19-05-2013 (rejected)
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Here is what you need to do:

1) Contact the current Egyptian regime and ask them to maintain order so the Embassy can go back to work.
2) Contact the PMO and ask them to resolve the labour dispute they encouraged with the FSW's.

That is what I mean by putting blame in the right direction.

Why do I not have anything to do with this topic? Because I'm not Egyptian? Not a Muslim? No longer waiting in process?
Actually you dont have any business here, you have already landed in Canada case closed for you. The rest of us on here are struggling enough to try and get our spouses to Canada and we do not need these snide comments from you. This is a forum for people associated and dealing with processes related to the family class sponsorship in the Cairo visa office. I believe yours was the "Manila" office. Obviously you have landed in Canada...there is no reason for you to come on here and start beaking off. We are having serious conversations regarding our cases and similar problems we have all faced...As to your invalid opinion about my lovely friend Mrs. Selim, saying she is incorrect that everyone has the right to come to Canada I would strongly advise you look on the CIC page where it outlines that the family class members wanting to sponsor their spouses DO HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO DO SO. Look on the CIC website yourself where it clearly states in many different pages that immigration is the key to Canada's success and growth. Sure you have to pass immigration expectations and legalities and the exceptions for that are:
-security
-human or international rights violations
-criminality
-organized criminality
-health grounds
-financial reasons
-misrepresentation
-non-compliance with IRPA or
-having an inadmissible family member
So by coming on here after we have gone through more than you would understand and implying that our family members shouldnt be allowed in Canada is like saying they are fitting the description of one or more of the above...well I will tell you one thing my husband fits non of the above therefore he is allowed to be in Canada. It is the visa officer who stopped his process for no legitimate reason and is therefore why we are on here with all others finding a solution for our problems. As well it seems that you yourself, or your wife or whoever came to Canada had no right to be in Canada before you/she immigrated, so that makes no sense...if you have no right to come to Canada then why would you have gotten here...and why would Canada be providing Visas for foreign peoples?
You are also saying that 95.7% of Canada's population has no right to actually be here...remember that the small 4.3% left are aboriginal people who originally lived in Canada, and ever since Canada has expanded to hold the other 95.7% of the immigrants today. Im Irish, English, Scotish, Norwegian and aboriginal Canadian and I am damn proud of it and I have every right to be a Canadian as did my family who originally immigrated here.
As for telling Madatito to "stay out of Canada" you have no right to tell him that...he did not come to your forum pertaining to your personal situation and start telling you all the problems with your Country and that there is no hope for its future. Here on the forum we are friends and Im a proud Muslim and many of the others I talk to are proud Christians, yet I dont go telling them and they dont go telling me I do not have any rights to get my husband here...so what makes you so special? That you were one of the lucky ones who didnt end up with a temporary working visa officer who had no reason to deny our visa except for his obvious racisma towards us?...my husband qualifies and has every right just as your or your wife did.
So please, if you have something negative to say at all about Egypt or any of us on here keep it to yourself, at least dont post it here where it has 0 relevance and where we have 0 tolerance for your opinions.

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
OMG im so glad all of you are thinking the same about CanadianJeepGuy , you are done and you have your visa so leave us alone..I dont like your smart remarks and know it alls..

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
I think maybe all the waiting and this situation in Egypt may be causing all of us to be....different from what our usual selves are normally.

Please remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.. so we should respect others' opinions as they should ours.

This forum is meant for us all to be able to freely discuss matters - especially those that pertains to the world... and this issue in Egypt does affect the world.

Everything will get better (God willing) - All we have to do is stay patient.... and stay sane (although it seems almost impossible at this point .... ??? )

But on the upside - Ramadan Kareem!! And Have a great Holy month everybody!!

And everyone who lives in Toronto.. Have you guys seen the amount of RAIN that fell last night?? After Almost 12 hours of no electricity, we just recently got it back (We live in South Etobicoke)

God bless,
Kuudir2

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Ahmegan said:
THAT is one area you "bashed" Egypt thank you, and replying to comments made by other egyptians on this page in the rude way you are is also bashing Egypt.
Please let me know if there has been a time in Egyptian history where they have had and held a stable democratic government.

My first comment was fully supporting the move for Egyptians to procure a real democracy which was met by an Egyptian to "mind my own business". These are open forums much like a democracy is an open forum. If there is anyone who is intolerant of that kind of structure then they are not the kind of people that will help democracy to flourish. They are certainly not the kind of people who will feel at home in a democracy.

I still do fully support the Egyptian people who are striving for real democracy but they voted in a theocracy the first time and the history of the Middle East has never been favourable to the tenets of democracy. If it was culturally agreeable then the Middle East would have adopted democracy 1000 years before Europe and the New World.

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
Well we are still waiting for our refusel letter from cic i think it will take long time to get it..but my husband allways say we have to wait patiently ... Happy Ramadan to my muslim friends ..

CairoCouple

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
Out of curiosity, does anyone know how likely it is for those who have been refused a visa to Canada to appeal and then get the visa? I'm just wondering if they usually stick to their original decision, or if it is common enough for people to have the decision changed.

Thanks!