09-06-2012
Interview........
In process from 25th june,2013
Passport Req..
13-09-2013
yasmin01 said:
We had to re-do our medical as it got expired as well
Hi yasmin01,
When u did ur 2nd medical...and when did cic ask for personal history and pcc from u?

longest_wait

Oct 1, 2012
nima514 said:
BG checks are usually done 5 in months-6 months after they are initiated. It does not mean CIC will give us PPR as soon as the BG checks are done. I think we can contact CSIS and ask them about the status of our BG checks. I think there is something on their website about that. If you are a Pre- Setp. 2011 and still waiting I think you are chosen for BG checks, like me.
My MP office said that they only received request for security screening in beginning of this year, which is right after it was assigned to the officer.

Nima, I thought everyone goes through Security screening? Are you saying that it takes 5-6 months for everyone of for those who went to further BG checks. I was told that 6-months at CSIS at the moment is nothing and that it might take a year for their long queue to process.

Is there a way we can contact CSIS? Have you tried doing so before?

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
The security checks are not done for everybody. It is just the criminality checks done by RCMP that is done for all people. I was chosen for BG checks. why? I don't know. bad luck! I know somebody whose BG checks took 5 months. If you know somebody whose BG checks took a year let me know. I think that's rare. May be the guy had a big problem. I will wait 5 months and then contact CSIS. I don't want to do it just yet but I have heard people have done that. check this out http://www.settlement.org/discuss/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6059

longest_wait said:
My MP office said that they only received request for security screening in beginning of this year, which is right after it was assigned to the officer.

Nima, I thought everyone goes through Security screening? Are you saying that it takes 5-6 months for everyone of for those who went to further BG checks. I was told that 6-months at CSIS at the moment is nothing and that it might take a year for their long queue to process.

Is there a way we can contact CSIS? Have you tried doing so before?

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Hello Experienced forum members

My roommate just got his RPRF and Personal history update

What do you think is next and how long much wait?

As for me, I am still waiting and I hope we all shout HAPPINES Soon!!!

Advice needed for my roommate please

joel0611

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/ CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Updated personal history on 12-02-2013
AOR Received.
23-06-2011
File Transfer...
Ottawa In process 12-02-2013
Med's Done....
14-10-2011
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
xse2573 said:

I was asked to pay RPRF, Personal history update & some other docs on Feb. 12, 2013. After 1 week my ecas status changed to "in process" I emailed them twice after i submitted all the required docs but i just received the acknowledgement email, no actual answer. I know everybody has a different situation.

supp

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 nov 2011
AOR Received.
8th may 2012
Med's Request
9th may 2012
Med's Done....
26th may 2012
Passport Req..
30 may 2013/ add docs req:6th march 2013
VISA ISSUED...
june 18/ my wife june 10
LANDED..........
june 28 :)
xse2573 said:

I paid rprf, personal history update on 26th march and got ppr on 30th may..cheers!!

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
supp said:
I paid rprf, personal history update on 26th march and got ppr on 30th may..cheers!!
@Supp
Thanks for your helping out. What form did you use for the personal history update?. You seems
to be in line with lots of people who got their PPR weeks after this requisitions.

joel0611 said:
I was asked to pay RPRF, Personal history update & some other docs on Feb. 12, 2013. After 1 week my ecas status changed to "in process" I emailed them twice after i submitted all the required docs but i just received the acknowledgement email, no actual answer. I know everybody has a different situation.
@ Joel0611
I basically think it was longer for you because of all the other document that were requested unlike in the case of Supp. Well it is just
my guess!!!

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
nima514 said:
The security checks are not done for everybody. It is just the criminality checks done by RCMP that is done for all people. I was chosen for BG checks. why? I don't know. bad luck! I know somebody whose BG checks took 5 months. If you know somebody whose BG checks took a year let me know. I think that's rare. May be the guy had a big problem. I will wait 5 months and then contact CSIS. I don't want to do it just yet but I have heard people have done that. check this out http://www.settlement.org/discuss/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6059
@ Nima514 ... Security checks are mandatory for all PR and citizenship applicants. There is no other way around it.

supp

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 nov 2011
AOR Received.
8th may 2012
Med's Request
9th may 2012
Med's Done....
26th may 2012
Passport Req..
30 may 2013/ add docs req:6th march 2013
VISA ISSUED...
june 18/ my wife june 10
LANDED..........
june 28 :)
xse2573 said:
@ Supp
Thanks for your helping out. What form did you use for the personal history update?. You seems
to be in line with lots of people who got their PPR weeks after this requisitions.

@ xse 2573..
i made a table on excel for personal history.

Smilelily

Aug 13, 2012
tank-boy said:
Hi guys,
I received my and my wifes passports with the stamped visas on Tuesday May 28th and we did landing on the night of 29th from Rainbow Bridge, Niagara. :)

I see there are some pre-sept 2011 people here who are still awaiting PPR.I want to tell you guys to stay strong;believe me you are closer than you think. Stay in touch with you MP as in my case i was told by my MP to wait till summers and then contact her and she would investigate the cause of delay.
I had a wonderful time here on the forum esp. this thread with all the morale support and useful advice.I will remain a contributor here and will continue to see how soon the pre-sept files are done.

Hang in, you are almost there.
\

Thanks for sharing your timeline. How long did it take for you to get your passport back? About 40 days? I sent my passport 1 month ago but haven't heard back from them yet.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
Security checks are different from criminality checks. Are you talking about criminality checks?
Edmontonbound said:
@ Nima514 ... Security checks are mandatory for all PR and citizenship applicants. There is no other way around it.

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
nima514 said:
Security checks are different from criminality checks. Are you talking about criminality checks?
@ Nima - I'm talking about security checks. Criminality checks are just to know if any criminal records (e.g. theft, murder, kidnapping, domestic violence, etc.) exist. However security checks are for to prevent people that have potential or have had association with terrorism, war crime, espionage etc. It's very important and will not be caught during a background check. For example, a country govt. can send its agent to get secret information about Canada. In that case, no criminal record will be found against that agent. However, CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service) will have information about these potential threats. In fact, they maintain a list of such suspects. Every country has it. So, CSIS will at least check a name in this data base. If a match or near similar match is found, then CSIS will dig deep. And it can cause some extraordinary delays. So applicants from some countries (countries that are viewed or known to trouble maker - I don't want to take the names here for obvious reasons) may expect some delays.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
@ Edmontonbound thanks for your information. what pisses me off is that CIC waited for 26 months to initiate my BG checks.

Edmontonbound said:
@ Nima - I'm talking about security checks. Criminality checks are just to know if any criminal records (e.g. theft, murder, kidnapping, domestic violence, etc.) exist. However security checks are for to prevent people that have potential or have had association with terrorism, war crime, espionage etc. It's very important and will not be caught during a background check. For example, a country govt. can send its agent to get secret information about Canada. In that case, no criminal record will be found against that agent. However, CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service) will have information about these potential threats. In fact, they maintain a list of such suspects. Every country has it. So, CSIS will at least check a name in this data base. If a match or near similar match is found, then CSIS will dig deep. And it can cause some extraordinary delays. So applicants from some countries (countries that are viewed or known to trouble maker - I don't want to take the names here for obvious reasons) may expect some delays.

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
nima514 said:
@ Edmontonbound thanks for your information. what pisses me off is that CIC waited for 26 months to initiate my BG checks.
That's a separate issue. I think you are just one of those very unfortunate applicants. Many applicants that have applied in late 2010 and 2011 almost either waited or are still waiting for more than 24 months. I indeed feel sorry about it.

On a different note, did you ever apply for your GCMS notes? If so, you can pretty much see that your file would be essentially gathering dust for all this time. My GCMS notes show that it was never touched after May 23, 2012!