Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
sharuu said:
For someone who has received PPR, if they order GCMS right now, it might still say In Progress. When eligibility is passed, that ensures all your checks are completed - including Criminality! I know people say my checks are going on thats why I havent gotten PPR. All I am trying to say is, yes you cant get ppr before criminality is done, but done get hung on in progress. Its as simple as someone hasnt updated your file.

In Progress - isnt a good indication!

I went in process in before many people who got PPR.. you as well....and IN PROCESS = ELIGIBILITY PASSED. thats for sure

so then why PPR is on hold? I am also QSW, applied in late september but still waiting for PPR. not saying your logic is wrong, just thinking out loud here.

in my view, its all about background checks and for someone if extended are requested then he can just pray.....

IN PROCESS (Eligiblity Passed) simply means checks are started, not ended....thats for PNP, QSW inland applicants.

thats why my friend and so many other people get Police Certificate requests when they go IN PROCESS.....how can they be eligible without providing Police Certificates?

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
and I promise to write a book entitled: "The road to PR" to be published by CIC ! :p

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
suduko said:
I went in process in before many people who got PPR.. you as well....and IN PROCESS = ELIGIBILITY PASSED. thats for sure

so then why PPR is on hold? I am also QSW, applied in late september but still waiting for PPR. not saying your logic is wrong, just thinking out loud here.

in my view, its all about background checks and for someone if extended are requested then he can just pray.....

IN PROCESS (Eligiblity Passed) simply means checks are started, not ended....thats for PNP, QSW inland applicants.

thats why my friend and so many other people get Police Certificate requests when they go IN PROCESS.....how can they be eligible without providing Police Certificates?
So, you went in process in may after filing your file in september and that is when your checks are started. Does that even make sense to you? The reason you think you havent gotten PPR and I havent is because our checks are not done. Our files were put on hold in May, from then till july they were transferred. They have just started reviewing the files in ottawa, it has nothing to do with checks being done or not.

In regard to why PCC is asked after someone goes IN PROCESS..

- In Process : depends on the Visa Officer! For Buffalo applicants, they went in process and 1-2 weeks later they got PPR! In Process was a great sign for them. There are so many applicants whose cases were like that!

- In Process - at ottawa, usually when they wanted a document they went in process. Thats the basic difference, sometimes they would issue MR and put you in process or later on ask a document and put you in process

Dont think it as an extreme logic - that it applies to every case - it does not. It depends upon the VO, and if documents are needed or not!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
hmdlsd said:
and I promise to write a book entitled: "The road to PR" to be published by CIC ! :p
Road? or you mean to say roller-coaster ride!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
lepatissier07 said:
After careful reading the notes and comparing/cross referencing dates and times in my GCMS notes i can tell:

Created has been a lot between 3pm and 6pm.

Most of the stuff was updated between 11am and 5pm, except my N.Z. Police clearance seemed to be updated 11.50pm. hope he's got the overtime paid. ;D

The Day before the AOR (same day of transfer i guess as well)

Actions started or accomblished by the VO (Ottawa):

Check Payments, Start Security, Start/Check Eligibility, Create Paperfile, Start/Check Crime,
Check already accompanied PCC's, Check Schedule 5 (Intend to reside in Quebec)

Received AOR 3rd May 2012: RCMP Check (has been checked before i sent the RCMP Fingerprint, so, i guess, they wouldn't have asked me)
Meds attached to AOR

Ecas Access 7th May shows: App. for PR received...

After Eligibility and Schedule 5 seemed to have finished, Ecas showed: Started Processing 23.May 2012

Next update was 27th June: Paperfile update, Crime Check seemed to be finished, PCC's seemed to be confirmed, Meds must have been received,

28th June Ecas shows: Meds received

More or less, (all of) the above has been finished until my last due date 27 July 2012. At THIS day Ecas showed/added "Current Mailing Adress". Security is the only one being left blank since the beginning.

Of course, this is only in my case if it comes to times/dates, but regarding the "routine stuff", it should give a little picture of what was/is going on.
Suduko.. Read this

- 23rd May - In Process - eligiblity passed and then 27th june everything else seems to be finished. In 1 month all checks are done? Dont think so.. !!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
I understand your frustration and I am more than welcome to be proven wrong :D

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
Hi all,

I've been lurking this thread for a month now, since I'm one of those poor applicants left behind in the Buffalo office (App received in March '11). My case was moved to Ottawa on May 16th, and the eligibility was passed in July, but I haven't heard back yet. Two of my friends are also in a very similar situation, so we are not definitely alone.

Now my question is, have you guys tried talking to your MP? How long does it take to hear back anything after that?

By the way, our MP was aware of the situation. I know FSW applicants sued the CIC over prolonged processing times and won. Since there are probably quite a few of us, we can maybe (through the MPs) ask the CIC to put our applications in some sort of high priority queue, or otherwise risk a class-action lawsuit. Any thoughts?

Cheers

longest_wait

Oct 1, 2012
essy86 said:
Hi all,

I've been lurking this thread for a month now, since I'm one of those poor applicants left behind in the Buffalo office (App received in March '11). My case was moved to Ottawa on May 16th, and the eligibility was passed in July, but I haven't heard back yet. Two of my friends are also in a very similar situation, so we are not definitely alone.

Now my question is, have you guys tried talking to your MP? How long does it take to hear back anything after that?

By the way, our MP was aware of the situation. I know FSW applicants sued the CIC over prolonged processing times and won. Since there are probably quite a few of us, we can maybe (through the MPs) ask the CIC to put our applications in some sort of high priority queue, or otherwise risk a class-action lawsuit. Any thoughts?

Cheers
Congratulations to all the people getting their PPR, I hope the rest of us will be getting them soon.

I think that we should be making a move as well since it's been taking longer than normal processing time.

By the way, who are MP's? Is there a particular MP for different regions? How can they help?

ohms

Jun 20, 2012
sharuu said:
Suduko.. Read this

- 23rd May - In Process - eligiblity passed and then 27th june everything else seems to be finished. In 1 month all checks are done? Dont think so.. !!
sharuu, suduko might have a point. my timeline is almost like you, but I went in process in Feb 2012. my GCMS says eligibility passed. so what happened between Feb 2012 and transfer date(july)??

des

Sep 29, 2012
sharuu said:
The file transfers are to ottawa after the closure of Buffalo! Your file shall remain in LA.. How long has it been since it has been at LA?
HI Sharuu,

My file has been transferred to LA ----April 18.

My ECAS has changed to in process and says "We started processing your application on June 6, 2012."

PCC requested-June 28. (# of days given to submit PCC 120 days).

PCC submitted-first week of August..

.......waiting waiting waiting......

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
sharuu said:
Suduko.. Read this

yep man its entirely possible for someone from a certain (in this case European) background. basically they didn't require extended checks for him so one month is more than enough.

from what I have seen, there are two types of Visa Officers,

1) some visa officers update the Eligibility when file is assigned to them means you go to In Process

This eligibility means nothing, its just that your PNP certificate was looked upon and all the forms are OK, so you are eligible to start processing. Since you are PNP, so points are not calculated.

All the checks are initiated at this point. Medical is bunched with AOR these days and that is done even before a VO is assigned to your case. probably some lower staff does that.

Any missing document is also requested at this stage.

2) other type of Visa Officer dont bother to update the Eligibility field when file is assigned to them.

They simply start the checks and that's it. They know once the checks are done, they will simply update eligibility and send PPR....

HMIDATOU

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just contacted my mp, she said that the average wait for the july transfers is about one year, so i should be hearing something by july 2013. my background check are still in process, they didn't receive anything yet concerning my background check. i was really hoping to hear something good. well i guess i have to keep my hopes up and wait for this ppr . in the meantime keep praying guys

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
HMIDATOU said:
i just contacted my mp, she said that the average wait for the july transfers is about one year, so i should be hearing something by july 2013. my background check are still in process, they didn't receive anything yet concerning my background check. i was really hoping to hear something good. well i guess i have to keep my hopes up and wait for this ppr . in the meantime keep praying guys
When did your BG checks started, and if you don't mind sharing your country of origin. Normally it takes no longer than 8months for BG checks and on average it takes 4 months.

HMIDATOU

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaikhaffi said:
When did your BG checks started, and if you don't mind sharing your country of origin. Normally it takes no longer than 8months for BG checks and on average it takes 4 months.
i am originally from Tunisia, and currently live in the states, so background check have to be done in two places Tunisia and USA.
i applied on june last year and aor was in october, so i am guessing background checks starts with air. it has been more than 8 months already. i am really disappointed with their performance

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
HMIDATOU said:
i am originally from Tunisia, and currently live in the states, so background check have to be done in two places Tunisia and USA.
i applied on june last year and aor was in october, so i am guessing background checks starts with air. it has been more than 8 months already. i am really disappointed with their performance
Did you apply for GCMS, you will know extact date of BG checks from notes. You should apply for that. My case went in process on October 2011, they requested some document and i provided them in November. Then nothing up unti May, when i contacted Buffalo they said my file was suppose to go on BG checks but BG checks never started and she told mr, my file will be transfered to Ottawa for BG checks. Then we all know Buffalo got closed and my file was tranfered to Ottawa on May 16th and Ottawa started working on my file on July 9th, 2012. That means they started my BG checks on 9th of July and my file was sitting on their desks between the period of November 2011 and June 2012...

I believe samething had happend on your file too, BG checks from states is very fast maximum a month nad minimum a week.