+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

British Columbia Group (Vancouver)

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Many of the universities are sending out letters to come for interviews now. Our neighbour's daughter has two for 30 April, unfortunately one is in Alberta the other in Ontario....something will have to change! Hopefully you will have word soon. Fingers crossed!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
In the North Shore News this week I noticed an ad that may be of use to some of you:
A SHORT STAY. Renos, family, executives, 1,2 bedroom, p/house. 604-987-2691
www.vancouvershortstay.com

I don't know anything about them, but they have a nice website on which you can request price/availability.
There was another one: HOMAWAY INNS. Specializing in furn accom a reas rates 604-723-7820 www.homawayinns.com
(I don't have personal knowledge of any of these situations, but looking at the pictures for this last ad, the Lonsdale 500 looks the nicest.)

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
There is also a job in a North Vancouver Private Boarding School:
FULL TIME COOK
Experienced cook (western and oriental food) for North Vancouver school cafeteria. Hours 10am-6:30pm Apply before April 22 with resume and two refs to
k_fung@bodwell.edu or fax to 604-924-5058

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lots of people gathered early this morning in the intersection of Granville and Georgia for the Vancouver Sun Run 2011.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
In the North Shore News this week I noticed an ad that may be of use to some of you:

I don't know anything about them, but they have a nice website on which you can request price/availability.
There was another one: HOMAWAY INNS. Specializing in furn accom a reas rates 604-723-7820 www.homawayinns.com
(I don't have personal knowledge of any of these situations, but looking at the pictures for this last ad, the Lonsdale 500 looks the nicest.)
Thanx Pippin...useful info. Appreciate...

S

shaon31

Pippin said:

Thank you pipin.

ap_123

Star Member
Apr 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 June 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
01 August 2012
File Transfer...
14 August 2012
Med's Done....
30 March 2012
Passport Req..
11 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process 08 October 2012.....address change 30 Nov. 2012
LANDED..........
Landed Jan 25th 2013
Hi guys, pls count me on this very useful and informative thread about BC, Vancouver.

Very similar situation to Wayne. I am planning to land this June in vancouver.
However, I can be there for 2 weeks only and cannot wait for PR card to arrive by post.
So after landing and applying for PR card, SIN etc. Planning to move permanently in BC in early 2012.

I don't know whether it would be possible for me to have my pr card to be sent to London, where I live at present. And then use the same to re-enter for good as said above in early 2012.

If anyone of you have any idea about his pls pls share your experience Bd thoughts.

Also, Wayne may I know where are you currently based and what's ur NOC, please ??
My NOC is 1111.

Many thanks in advance.

Ap.

MOM45

Jul 31, 2009
Pippin said:
I must say, I think about what the first Vancouver get together will be like. I could imagine us all meeting at Lonsdale Quay on a sunny, warm afternoon. Great fun!! Keep that thought alive - it WILL happen!
THANK YOU PIPPIN FOR BEING SO GENEROUS (TO WOULD-BE- MIGRANTS LIKE US.) TAKING TIME TO SHARE BITS AND PIECES OF INFOS THAT WE WILL DEFINITELY NEED ONCE WE GET THERE.... I AND MY FAMILY WILL BE LANDING THIS OCT. IN BC (BURNABY OR SURREY).. AND WE HAVE NO CLOSE RELATIVES TO HELP US.. SOUNDS SCARY ..SO I WISH THERE WILL BE THOUSANDS OF OTHER PIPPINS THAT WE WILL MEET ALONG THE WAY..

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can always ask the officer at the YVR to mail your PR card to a friend's address in Vancouver and have him/her courier to you in London, UK (I assume). Just don't mentioned that you would be there for 2 weeks only, otherwise you would be told to provide them a permenant address in Canada later and your PR card would not be processed until you gave them the address.

(there is a London in Ontario, Canada ;D. If you are living there, you can ask the officer to have the PR card send it there!)

ap_123 said:
I am planning to land this June in vancouver. However, I can be there for 2 weeks only and cannot wait for PR card to arrive by post. So after landing and applying for PR card, SIN etc. Planning to move permanently in BC in early 2012.

ap_123

Star Member
Apr 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 June 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
01 August 2012
File Transfer...
14 August 2012
Med's Done....
30 March 2012
Passport Req..
11 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process 08 October 2012.....address change 30 Nov. 2012
LANDED..........
Landed Jan 25th 2013
Hi Steaky, Thanks for your reply. Ya you asumed correctly (London, UK).

Yes, I can give my friend's address for PR card to arrive there and then once he posts it to me in the UK, do you think I will have any problems re-entering Canada in early 2012 with the card (coz of the fact that I was not present in Canada while my PR card arrived??)

Do you know someone doing similar thing and re-entering Canada afterwards with NO PROBLEMS !! ?? :)

Thanks in advance.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
ap_123 said:
Hi guys, pls count me on this very useful and informative thread about BC, Vancouver.

Very similar situation to Wayne. I am planning to land this June in vancouver.
However, I can be there for 2 weeks only and cannot wait for PR card to arrive by post.
So after landing and applying for PR card, SIN etc. Planning to move permanently in BC in early 2012.

I don't know whether it would be possible for me to have my pr card to be sent to London, where I live at present. And then use the same to re-enter for good as said above in early 2012.

If anyone of you have any idea about his pls pls share your experience Bd thoughts.

Also, Wayne may I know where are you currently based and what's ur NOC, please ??
My NOC is 1111.

Many thanks in advance.

Ap.
Hi. Our NOC is 3131 and we are based in the midlands in England, UK.

As I understand matters the PR card HAS to be delivered to Canada, so you may wish to seek a temporary address to send to if you don't have any friends in Canada where it can be sent.

Best of luck,
Wayne.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No problems re-entering Canada in 2012 and many people do such things (do your search in this forum). But it might be expensive in doing such when the photos are not accord to spec and you have to return to Canada to provide the photos in corrent dimension in person:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ridiculous-photos-not-according-to-specs-delay-in-pr-card-after-landing-t65961.0.html

ap_123 said:
Hi Steaky, Thanks for your reply. Ya you asumed correctly (London, UK).

Yes, I can give my friend's address for PR card to arrive there and then once he posts it to me in the UK, do you think I will have any problems re-entering Canada in early 2012 with the card (coz of the fact that I was not present in Canada while my PR card arrived??)

Do you know someone doing similar thing and re-entering Canada afterwards with NO PROBLEMS !! ?? :)

Thanks in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can rent a postal box in Canada after your "landing" and then inform CIC your postal box address for delivery of your PR card.

Cappuccino said:
Hi. Our NOC is 3131 and we are based in the midlands in England, UK.

As I understand matters the PR card HAS to be delivered to Canada, so you may wish to seek a temporary address to send to if you don't have any friends in Canada where it can be sent.

Best of luck,
Wayne.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
You can rent a postal box in Canada after your "landing" and then inform CIC your postal box address for delivery of your PR card.
Thanks Steaky for this info. It would really be a good alternative option and practical solution for them having no relatives and friends address to use instantly.... Just wondering whether it is possible to rent post box before landing ( can someone staying in Canada do it on behalf?) Then it would be easier to put the PO box number straightway at the POE.... The question is Do the IO at POE or later accept using rented PO box number as delivery of PR card address?

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I believe that CIC will not post anything to a PO box. Getting a friend to have the PR delivered and then fed ex the card to you in the UK is the best way.

@ Wayne.....I am from the Midlands, Leicestershire....came to Vancouver in 2007 on a work visa and landed in 2010. Would not go back to the UK for anything, I adore it here. Although Vancouver is very expensive, compared with most Midland towns, the lifestyle is way better.