+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

British Columbia Group (Vancouver)

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We too will land here :) provided the Visa Officer has some mercy on us & gives the Visa soon !!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rent really depends on the location and amenities of the building.

destinationBC said:
Basically a tourist destination has to be expensive

destinationBC

Champion Member
Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
thats history
Doc's Request.
thats history
AOR Received.
thats history
File Transfer...
thats history
Med's Request
thats history
Med's Done....
thats history
Passport Req..
thats history
VISA ISSUED...
got it
LANDED..........
Long Long ago
True but generally it expensive as compared to other parts of the country

steaky said:
Rent really depends on the location and amenities of the building.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I had a recent conversation with a cousin who lives in Manitoba. He was saying that due to the tremendous growth in the Prairie Oil Patch activity, houses in Manitoba and Saskatchewan are being snapped up and the prices are increasing. Rather than pay hotel costs, the workers are buying small homes to live in while they are working on the rigs. I expect prices in central Canada are still lower than in BC, but perhaps not as much as they used to be. Just something to think about.

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
angelbrat said:
I now live and work in Vancouver.

An average 3 bedroom apartment (1500 sq ft) in Vancouver area is approx $1600 to $2000 a month to rent. To rent the same size in the suburbs, Richmond, Surrey, Abbotsford, Delta etc is approx $1200 to $1600 per month. Utilities for an average 4 person family are about $200 per month, cable (depending on how many extras you buy in the package) $150 per month but that does include the landline telephone. Cell phone plan for a family of 4, unlimited texts and calls ( a must with teenagers) approx $150 to $200 per month. House insurance for contents $50 a month. Food is expensive, again depending on the size of family budget for between $100 to $200 per week.

A one zone transit pass (this gives you travel in Vancouver only ) $84 per month, 2 zone (lets you travel further ie from North Vancouver to DownTown) $134 a month.....3 zone...forget it...get a cheap car....you will save money.

Jobs in Vancouver.....not good unless you work in either the film industry or high finance. Yes there are jobs, in fact loads of work but mainly on the lower end salary of $10 to $14 a hour.

Truth is, Vancouver is a beautiful city, the climate is perfect the environment unbeatable, the prices are stupidly high.

If I had to choose again or start over, I would not land in Vancouver unless I had loads of money to start with or a well paying job already lined up.

As another poster stated, start somewhere else and work up to moving to Vancouver.

Very good bunch of information.. God bless u
Please stay with us when we need some further information related to relocate to canada. BTW, what are the chances to grab job at University on PR status? Do you feel good to grab jobs at BC uni or around the area or Toronto can be batter option with list of more universities? I would love to know abt it. I have started gethering information related to same. I will start applying once i get medical request..

Many thanks again..

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
Thanks dear,
I just clicked this topic first time and got much impressive information which can be helpful for us who are still on their half way of visa process. I agree with your views,,
Best wishes,
Kavya

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
What a day, what a day!!! It is Vancouver's 125th BIRTHDAY TODAY. A huge cloud swept over the mountains above the city and dropped a thick, fresh wrap of snow on the hills. The wild, dark clouds headed east leaving behind nothing but puffy white clouds, deep blue skies and masses of flowering cherry blossoms and forsythia lining the streets. This beautiful young city is getting ready to party! http://www.vancouver.com/webcam-display/35_vancouvercom-north/

STS2Canada

Apr 5, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
4131 & 0112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
29-07-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (1st AOR CIO) ; 11-08-2010 (2nd AOR New Delhi)
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
04-08-2010 (E-case: Inprocess - Processing start on 08 Feb 2011)
Med's Request
09-06-2011
Passport Req..
09-06-2011
Wow! Happy Birthday to Vancouver! ;D Wish we can join the celebrations soon :)

-STS

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
What a day, what a day!!! It is Vancouver's 125th BIRTHDAY TODAY. A huge cloud swept over the mountains above the city and dropped a thick, fresh wrap of snow on the hills. The wild, dark clouds headed east leaving behind nothing but puffy white clouds, deep blue skies and masses of flowering cherry blossoms and forsythia lining the streets. This beautiful young city is getting ready to party! http://www.vancouver.com/webcam-display/35_vancouvercom-north/

WOW!!!! Thanks for sharing Pippin......Wish I was there!!!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I must say, I think about what the first Vancouver get together will be like. I could imagine us all meeting at Lonsdale Quay on a sunny, warm afternoon. Great fun!! Keep that thought alive - it WILL happen!

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
I must say, I think about what the first Vancouver get together will be like. I could imagine us all meeting at Lonsdale Quay on a sunny, warm afternoon. Great fun!! Keep that thought alive - it WILL happen!
Count us in. The day we land, we will make it happen !!!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, a mixture of rain and hail this morning in downtown, Burnaby and Coquitlam. What a day!

STS2Canada said:
Wow! Happy Birthday to Vancouver! ;D Wish we can join the celebrations soon :)

-STS

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
Looking forward to..................

KULASA

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2010
Doc's Request.
March 19, 2010.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR 10-08-2010
IELTS Request
19-03-2010
File Transfer...
17-07-2010
Med's Request
waiting
Pippin said:

waah! :'( Wish to join Vancouver's 126th BIRTHDAY party next year! Wake up VO!!

S

shaon31

Pippin said:
Just waiting to hear from Simon Fraser University and I will start packing. Please pray for me.