+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP REJECTED, DID NOT UPLOAD AOR

Summer2234

Apr 26, 2024
Hi, I just got my BOWP rejected, and mention that I should stop working immediately. The reason for execution is that I did not upload my AOR when applying but there was no provision or space made or instructions to let me know to upload it or I would’ve done that.
how do I speak this decision? What do I do? I’m pretty distressed abt this

Guri6060

Dec 30, 2023
Hi, I just got my BOWP rejected, and mention that I should stop working immediately. The reason for execution is that I did not upload my AOR when applying but there was no provision or space made or instructions to let me know to upload it or I would’ve done that.
how do I speak this decision? What do I do? I’m pretty distressed abt this
When did you applied BOWP?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
It is very clearly listed as part of the eligibility criteria, and there is space to upload it during the application:

To be eligible, you must

• live in Canada (and intend to live outside Quebec) at the time you apply for your BOWP
    • You can leave Canada while we process your application.
    • However, if you leave Canada after your work permit expires, you can’t work until your new application is approved.
  • either
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete applicationfor permanent residence and passed the completeness check
    • Submitting a profile to the pool is not the same as applying for permanent residence.
    • Make sure you understand how Express Entry works.
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
    • We send this letter to your account after we get your permanent residence application
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

That said, you should send it via webform immediately - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Reactions: Guri6060

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Did your original WP expire?
Good question. If it did then OP has no status and must stop working. Not sure reconsideration would work because OP must also restore status first, and cannot work until BOWP is approved. And reconsideration is if there is an error.

Reactions: SamDam

r_a

Jan 22, 2024
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-02-2024
Hello all, my SOWP expires on 31 August, 2024. Looking at the processing time (92 days) I am worried I should apply for BOWP ASAP. My situation is as follows:
AOR Received: Feb 1, 2024
PR Application Status: Background Check in Progress (please see signature for more info)

1. Can I apply for BOWP now with AOR?
2. How do I show (or may be I can't show in my case?) that I have "passed the completeness check"?

TIA.

SamDam

Star Member
Mar 5, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-11-2023
Hello all, my SOWP expires on 31 August, 2024. Looking at the processing time (92 days) I am worried I should apply for BOWP ASAP. My situation is as follows:
PR Application Status: Background Check in Progress (please see signature for more info)

2. How do I show (or may be I can't show in my case?) that I have "passed the completeness check"?

TIA.
1. Yes
2. Completeness check is that you submitted all the documents. So, AoR is enough.

Reactions: r_a

JollyRancher

Apr 29, 2024

TIA.
Apply for BOWP based on AOR and after couple of days you will receive a confirmation that will allow you to legally work in Canada without extending your SIN number. I applied for BOWP March 20th 2024 and since then waiting for updates.

Reactions: r_a