+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

lionheart2

Aug 30, 2015
Hi guys,
My permit will expire within 4 months and gonna apply BOWP.
I've my nomination certificate & AOR (i supposed? I receive an email from CIC which includes my UCI & File number starting with XPxxxxxx)
is this email considered AOR and good enough for applying BOWP? (Mine is Paper-based PR)

and do i need to wait till R10 is completed ? and how to do i know? thanks

lionheart2

Aug 30, 2015
On the CIC website, it states we need to meet the requirement in order for approved BOWP :
* they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;
have applied for an open work permit;"

does that mean the AOR email we received from CIC? thank you so much

ksh108

Jun 2, 2016
Hi All,

I have one question - I have applied for PR in DEC 2016 and BOWP in JAN 25 2017. I am still waiting to get my BOWP. Can I change the job(employer) while I am on implied status and waiting for BOWP?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Sincerely,
Ksh

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
ksh108 said:
Hi All,

I have one question - I have applied for PR in DEC 2016 and BOWP in JAN 25 2017. I am still waiting to get my BOWP. Can I change the job(employer) while I am on implied status and waiting for BOWP?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Sincerely,
Ksh
Implied status starts when your original work permit expires (and you already applied for extension). If you had a closed work permit (specific to one employer) you can't change your job. Implied status basically extends your original visa with all its obligiations.

If you had an open work permit, you can change your job.

lionheart2

Aug 30, 2015
neorol said:
Implied status starts when your original work permit expires (and you already applied for extension). If you had a closed work permit (specific to one employer) you can't change your job. Implied status basically extends your original visa with all its obligiations.

If you had an open work permit, you can change your job.
open work permit is the same as BOWP, right?!
Do you really need 2nd AOR for applying BOWP?

Broken Heart

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Interview........
BG: NN->IP 22-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
Hi guys,

from the time your BOWP gets approved, how many days till you receive hard copy by mail? can you share your experiences.

Thanks.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
lionheart2 said:
open work permit is the same as BOWP, right?!
Do you really need 2nd AOR for applying BOWP?
BOWP is a form of open work permits. If your original work permit was an open work permit, you should know about it.

If you applied for PR through express entry, you can use the automatic AOR letter what you got when you applied. There is no need to wait for 2nd AOR anymore. They don't even send it anymore. If your R10 completeness check is not done yet your application will be put on hold until R10 is done.

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Hi All,

I may be out of job soon and was looking to apply for BOWP. My closed WP is expiring within the next 4 months.
Please let me know if I can apply for BOWP if I do not have a job at the time of application.

I am waiting for FBI Police Clearance Certificate to submit the eAPR and still have about 50 days for my invitation (ITA) to expire.

Please do let me know

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
farnorth said:
Hi guys, I have a question my post grad work permit is about to expire by the end of august. so my question is can i apply for my BOWP now (paper application) and then send my AOR using a case specific enquiry as soon as i submit my PR application which will be in the next 2 to 3 weeks?(already recieved my ITA just waiting on recieving one police clearance certificate) I ask this since the paper application takes about 111 days by which time i wold definitely have submitted my PR application and received the AOR. Thanks
Hi!

I'm now in absolutely the same situation! Wanna ask what did you do finally to get your BOWP and if it was successful? Thanks!

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hammer said:
It all depends on case officer for your work permit application. They could considered as misrepresentation because you are applying for something which you are not eligible for. The least right way to do it I would say - Apply just for work permit extension without saying it is bridging open work permit and once you receive AOR then send CASE SPECIFIC INQUIRY mentioning about your PR application in process; received AOR and if they could issue you BOWP and mention you can then pay OPEN WORK PERMIT FEES

Again that's just my suggestion, do take advice from other experts from here.

Thanks
Hey!
I'm in absolutely the same situation. But I have already applied on papers for WP extension. And now I'm thinking if I need to apply additionally for BOWP on papers too? I'm also still without AOR but hope to get an ITa in the next draw and to submit my e-APR soon. In this case I should receive AOR before my WP applications will be processed.
what do you think?

zzdyjcwj

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Hi guys, I just sent an email to bcpnp requesting a support letter for my bowp, does anyone know how long it will take for me to get it? Or is there any possibility that they may refuse to issue one? Thanks

lionheart2

Aug 30, 2015
neorol said:
BOWP is a form of open work permits. If your original work permit was an open work permit, you should know about it.

If you applied for PR through express entry, you can use the automatic AOR letter what you got when you applied. There is no need to wait for 2nd AOR anymore. They don't even send it anymore. If your R10 completeness check is not done yet your application will be put on hold until R10 is done.
thank you! do u know how long usually it takes to get R10 done?

lionheart2

Aug 30, 2015
zzdyjcwj said:
Hi guys, I just sent an email to bcpnp requesting a support letter for my bowp, does anyone know how long it will take for me to get it? Or is there any possibility that they may refuse to issue one? Thanks
How come some ppl need supporting letter from BCPNP to apply BOWP and some dont?
does it matter if we apply without the letter?
If we want BOWP without employer restriction, do we submit the form without the supporting letter?

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
You will receive in 2-4 days Max.. I got myself in 3 days.

Regards,
Sid