+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

lovethysid

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Hi Guys,
I am applying for BOWP today. I got my AOR under CEC. I am currently on a Post Grad Work Permit (no employment restrictions of course). I don't know which option I should select while filling out IMM5710.

These are the options I need to choose from..

A work permit with the same employer
An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
Restoration of your status as a worker
An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
lovethysid said:
Hi Guys,
I am applying for BOWP today. I got my AOR under CEC. I am currently on a Post Grad Work Permit (no employment restrictions of course). I don't know which option I should select while filling out IMM5710.

These are the options I need to choose from..

A work permit with the same employer
An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
Restoration of your status as a worker
An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Work permit with a new Employer

rra

Feb 28, 2017
Category........
AOR Received.
05/21/2017
Med's Done....
05/04/2017
Hi Folks,
Good to see members are getting there BOWP faster, and best of luck for other
I am new and want to know some details because my PGWP is going to expire in 15 days.
I did eligibility with help of IRCC call center agent, following are the points in which I still have some confusion;
1. Call center agent said: I have to write “NO” on these question, if I have received only AOR
Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

2. If I Write “NO” on above question; it will give me these boxes to upload documents
a) Offer of Employment (required). (Job offer letter, I can provide)
b) Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC) (Received From AINP)
c) Letter of Support from Province or Territory (Letter from the nominating province or territory that supports the issuance of the work permit.) (Received from AINP)
d) Passport (required) )I can provide)
e) Digital photo (required) (I can provide)
f) Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required) (If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required license or certification. Regulated occupations are also called professions, skilled trades or apprentice able trades.) ] (Not Sure what I have to upload in this section)

3. Fee: it’s showing $255/ person but after my eligibility it is showing $410 (including me and my spouse), worried because what I heard is if we pay less fee they will reject our application.
Please help me?????????????

GK33

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
rra said:
Hi Folks,
I am new and want to know some details because my PGWP is going to expire in 15 days.
I did eligibility with help of IRCC call center agent, following are the points in which I still have some confusion;
1. Call center agent said: I have to write “NO” on these question, if I have received only AOR
Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

2. If I Write “NO” on above question; it will give me these boxes to upload documents
c) Letter of Support from Province or Territory (Letter from the nominating province or territory that supports the issuance of the work permit.) (Received from AINP)
f) Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required) (If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required license or certification. Regulated occupations are also called professions, skilled trades or apprentice able trades.) ] (Not Sure what I have to upload in this section)

3. Fee: it’s showing $255/ person but after my eligibility it is showing $410 (including me and my spouse), worried because what I heard is if we pay less fee they will reject our application.
In my opinion 255 is the right number.

lionheart2

Aug 30, 2015
Im a Post-Graduation Work Permit holder with PNP nomination.(no employment restriction)
I would like to apply BOWP.
Is it normal that for document checklist, CIC only requires me to submit (passport & digital photo) and pay $255.

lionheart2

Aug 30, 2015
lionheart2 said:
Im a Post-Graduation Work Permit holder with PNP nomination.(no employment restriction)
I would like to apply BOWP.
Is it normal that for document checklist, CIC only requires me to submit (passport & digital photo) and pay $255.
Do I need employment letter?

rra

Feb 28, 2017
Category........
AOR Received.
05/21/2017
Med's Done....
05/04/2017
GK33 said:
In my opinion 255 is the right number.
Thanks GK33
what about Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required) (If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required license or certification. Regulated occupations are also called professions, skilled trades or apprentice able trades.) ] (Not Sure what I have to upload in this section)

Babandhillon92

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
rra said:
Hi Folks,

Hi dear,
you should answer yes if applying for BOWP and have your AOR,thats what I did and got work permit in Jan 2017

Broken Heart

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Interview........
BG: NN->IP 22-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
I applied for BOWP without AOR and got approved.

Check this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/iec-to-pr-in-1-yr-t479278.0.html

I am posting on multiple threads on same subject to try and help, since when I was looking for similar threads, they were all old.

Hope this story helps.

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
Broken Heart said:
I applied for BOWP without AOR and got approved.

Check this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/iec-to-pr-in-1-yr-t479278.0.html

I am posting on multiple threads on same subject to try and help, since when I was looking for similar threads, they were all old.

Hope this story helps.
Thank you for sharing, Congratulations

Broken Heart

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Interview........
BG: NN->IP 22-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
reddyreddy said:
Thank you for sharing, Congratulations
Thanks reddyreddy...!!!
All the best to you.

Beemps

Feb 15, 2017
Beemps said:
Hello everyone,

I just joined this forum and I have found this to be very helpful. I am in a critical situation:

My PGWP expired on September, 2015, applied for BOWP before the expiry date but was denied because I had not gotten an ITA and was asked to get an LMIA from my company which of course I was not given because my company said it's too stressful for them. I applied for study permit which was approved till March 31st, 2017.
I was studying and also working part-time in the same company. I got ITA in January under CEC and I have been gathering all my documents, the only document left is my passport which I will be renewing next week then I can submit my application.

Now the question is this? Where does this leave me? I don't intend to stay here as an illegal immigrant and can I still apply for BOWP?

Thank you and +1 to everyone to replied to my post. I have submitted my eAPR and immediately got an AOR, now I want to apply for BOWP. Here are some of my responses to the "Find out if you're eligible to apply" checklist:
what would you like to do in Canada? - work
how long are you planning to stay in Canada? temporarily more than 6 months
current immigration status - student
do you plan to work on campus - no
are you a full time student and want to work off campus up to 20 hours per week - no
have you recently graduated for which your study program was full time and minimum of eight months - yes (I'm not sure about that though, I was thinking no since I graduated in 2012)
is work an essential part of your studies - no
have you been told by IRCC that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada - yes (is this supposed to be no since I only got AOR and not the R10 competencies)
have you submitted permanent residence application in Canada - yes
do you have a written job offer - yes (I'm still with the company I work with before my PGWP expired)
do you also want to apply for study permit - no
have you had a medical examination performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician in the last 12 months - yes

Based on the results, I had 3 options :-
1) Work permit in Canada - you may be eligible to extend your stay in Canada to work with a work permit
2) PGWP - which I can no longer apply for
3) Open work permit - you may be eligible to work in Canada with an open work permit

I choose options 1 or 3 and the documents required were:
IMM 5710 - apllication to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada
Passport
Digital photo
Proof of medical examination

My AOR and job offer letter were not requested for. Do I go ahead with this application? Also on the IMM 5710 form, when asked which of the following options am I applying for -
a work permit with the same employer
an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
restoration of status as a worker
temporary resident permit

which of these four options should I choose?

I know I have a long explanation but please y'all I need your help *begging*
Thank you

marsh08

Nov 6, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I applied for BOWP on Feb 05, 2017 after receiving my AOR on January 25, 2017 the date when I submitted my PR application through Express Entry.

I just noticed a few days ago my BOWP application status changed to On Hold I am not sure what exactly this means. Does this mean they are waiting for the R10 review check to be completed on my PR application before they can make a decision on my BOWP. I am tensed as my Post graduation open work permit expires soon on April 11, 2017.

Any advise/help is greatly appreciated.