txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Destined said:
I have a question for members here :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Just in case if Supreme Court gives its judgement against C-24 bill's single provision/point(Ex: against revoking of citizenship from Dual citizens ).. Will the rest of C-24 bill will be still implemented minus the provision or will the entire bill go back to parliament for discussion. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Any Idea, when will there be a official declaration of the date from which new citizenship applicants will be under C-24 bill.

Thankyou :) :) :) :)
C-24 is law and will be implemented at the govt's discretion

The Courts can rule against a single provision of the bill or the entire bill at their discretion. So, yes if the Supremes invalidate one provision of the bill, the rest of it is still law and will be implemented (if it has not already been by that point) or they can decide to invalidate the entire bill, in which case none of the provisions can be enforced

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Speaking about the new Act, The BC Civil Liberties Association said they expect the act to come into force in the fall. Here's an excerpt from the email I received from him.

Despite concerns raised across the country, Bill C24 was passed by the Parliament of Canada and has now become law. We understand it will enter into force in the fall of 2014. We encourage you to share information with those who may be impacted.

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
BC Civil liberty or whatever , they don't know anything about when this law will come into full force. As I said it will become into full force on June 19 2015. Good Luck and don't trust BC civil liberty or whatever.

Kaplan

Aug 12, 2010
To quote the brilliant American philosopher Groucho Marx-

"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"

1. Who authored this alleged email from the BCCLA?

2. Assuming the veracity of said email, why would its alleged author be more
knowledgeable as to the date of implementation of C-24 than the CIC, itself?

3. Why isn't anything so important as this "information" posted on the BCCLA
website?

4. Why do I waste time trying to dispel unfounded rumours?

5. None of the above is correct.

6. All of the above are correct.

Cheers, mis amigos!

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
At this point no one know when the bill will come into full force

The wording is "approximately 1 year" which could mean anything that the Harper Govt wants it to mean---any day between today and the 19th of June, 2015.

I have a feeling that Harper and Alexander are really enjoying holding this sword over immigrants heads :eek:

Destined

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on-hold said:
Aside from your skillful use of emoticons, this post is so far ahead of events it's like reading a letter from the future. C-24 is law, and it'll be implemented on CIC's schedule. Any court challenge is hypothetical, and an even-more hypothetical Supreme Court decision is years away.
On Hold, There is already a case filed by Rocco Galati & others in the court on one of the provision. lets wait and see what the court does on this law.. & lets hope that we all will sail through in the old scheme of things...My only concern was for 4/6 or 3/4 years of eligibility...
I agree that i overused the emotions.. Cheers....

Destined

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
txboyscout said:
C-24 is law and will be implemented at the govt's discretion

The Courts can rule against a single provision of the bill or the entire bill at their discretion. So, yes if the Supremes invalidate one provision of the bill, the rest of it is still law and will be implemented (if it has not already been by that point) or they can decide to invalidate the entire bill, in which case none of the provisions can be enforced
Txboyscout,
THANKYOU for answering my question.... :) :) :) :) :)
It was so nice of you. Lets hope that Court understands our valid concerns & eliminates all the provisions that makes a genuine citizenship applicants make Canada their home with out fear / doubt in their heart. that they will be rooted out of canada for less meaningful reasons.

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
txboyscout said:
At this point no one know when the bill will come into full force

The wording is "approximately 1 year" which could mean anything that the Harper Govt wants it to mean---any day between today and the 19th of June, 2015.

I have a feeling that Harper and Alexander are really enjoying holding this sword over immigrants heads :eek:
I think you are right. Read this from The Star, pure evil by Alexander:

But Alexander is unfazed by such concerns. He seems to relish the idea of rewriting what it is to be Canadian and to hold citizenship. “If there was a time when new Canadians made the mistake that we only had a peacekeeping tradition or our rights and freedoms began with the Charter, then I'm glad our reforms are broadening their perspective.”

The source: http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2014/06/27/immigration_experts_say_bill_c24_discriminatory_and_weakens_citizenship.html

Kaplan

Aug 12, 2010
Queridos amigotes:

The topic of this chatroom regards information reasonably relative to C-24. It is NOT a forum for evaluations of Canadian politicians, absurd speculations as to motivations of politicians, the airing of personal grievances and psychological misgivings, etc.

Participants such as Marcus have invested time and energy to report back as to his findings of relevant information, that puts our minds at ease.

Others come here, without contribution, expecting people like Marcus to do their residency calculations, seeking personal assurances that they will be qualified to
become citizens in 3 years, even going so far as to cite bogus sources, in order to contradict the date of effect of C-24, which he and I derived from seemingly knowledgeable CIC agents.

One wonders why people who are too lazy to call the CIC and share their collective information, would have the temerity to come here to leech information from others who have! As I have observed, these people never contribute anything!

For those who come here seeking information, but are consistently unwilling to provide any information of their own, either refrain from questions, or initiate your own leechroom.

Henceforth, those who would pose questions (that they be relevant!) here should call the CIC, enquire as to the effective date of C-24 and SHARE such information with us.

gowest

Sep 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know when CIC starts implementing Bill C-24 regarding the new eligibility requirements for the citizenship? I couldn't find any official date in the CIC web site. Please provide a reliable source. I Have to add that I have already read the previous posts in this thread and "a call to the CIC call center" is not that much reliable to me. Thanks.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gowest said:
Does anyone know when CIC starts implementing Bill C-24 regarding the new eligibility requirements for the citizenship? I couldn't find any official date in the CIC web site. Please provide a reliable source. Thanks.

read former discussion will give you some clue.

Is there any admin in this forum? I would suggest to put the answering posts on the top of all topics..

gowest

Sep 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Munchenxx said:
read former discussion will give you some clue.

Is there any admin in this forum? I would suggest to put the answering posts on the top of all topics..
A call to CIC call centre agent is not a reliable source.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gowest said:
A call to CIC call centre agent is not a reliable source.

read thru the thread you will get more details of what position we are standing on now..Or you can take a round-trip with a time machine to the future and tell us what will happen exactly in the coming years, that would be the most reliable solution for you.