+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

gowest

Sep 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Munchenxx said:
read thru the thread you will get more details of what position we are standing on now..Or you can take a round-trip with a time machine to the future and tell us what will happen exactly in the coming years, that would be the most reliable solution for you.
You can also get a life that would be much better for you than providing useless replies.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gowest said:
You can also get a life that would be much better for you than providing useless replies.
Help yourself stop asking stupid questions here,please.
I will not waste a single second on you anymore.

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
gowest said:
A call to CIC call centre agent is not a reliable source.
hey man I don't know what do you think this forum is
everyone here is second guessing each other
the most reliable source we have is the call centre, unless you have a direct contact with Harper or Alexander

I can tell you it will be implemented on June 16 cause I read that here but others say that it will be in october be we don't really know maybe its wednesday
we are all in the same boat and once it gets implemented we will know what was BS and what was not
just chill down enjoy the summer and dot worry about changing something you can't change

only time will tell

gowest

Sep 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
glowingheart said:
hey man I don't know what do you think this forum is
everyone here is second guessing each other
the most reliable source we have is the call centre, unless you have a direct contact with Harper or Alexander

I can tell you it will be implemented on June 16 cause I read that here but others say that it will be in october be we don't really know maybe its wednesday
we are all in the same boat and once it gets implemented we will know what was BS and what was not
just chill down enjoy the summer and dot worry about changing something you can't change

only time will tell
Well, I have seen many good links to the official sources in this forum. Therefore, saying that "everyone here is second guessing each other" is incorrect. Maybe you r talking about this thread. If this is the case and there is no official source for my question, then probably not answering my question would be the best choice.

BTW, I will enjoy my life and not just the summer. These CIC things are not that much important to me anymore. Let's see what will happen.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
Kaplan said:
To quote the brilliant American philosopher Groucho Marx-

"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"

1. Who authored this alleged email from the BCCLA?

2. Assuming the veracity of said email, why would its alleged author be more
knowledgeable as to the date of implementation of C-24 than the CIC, itself?

3. Why isn't anything so important as this "information" posted on the BCCLA
website?

4. Why do I waste time trying to dispel unfounded rumours?

5. None of the above is correct.

6. All of the above are correct.

Cheers, mis amigos!
To get to the bottom of this matter, the poster in here who asked if we knew when the exact date of implementation will be officially announced has no business asking that question in this forum. The only people who can answer that question is the Prime Minister and a few members of his staff and I doubt anyone of them are posters in this thread. Other than these people, nobody (including the participants in this thread) has any official information on the topic (meaning information that's certain, and that would give people the comfort they're looking for).

I and a few others made an attempt to elicit more info from the CIC Call Centre on the implementation date for the residency requirement and got a date of June 19, 2015. Needless to say, unless this comes out in black and white on CIC's website, it doesn't comfort many people, and understandably so. Long story short: if you're looking for something official, there's nothing you're gonna get here that you can't find in black letters on Government websites.

That being said, questions about official info are rather silly in here as this forum's true purpose is rather as a place for people to air their opinions and vent out their frustrations.

sanlitun

Jun 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to share -

I called CIC today asking about when the intent-to-reside clause will take effective. The agent told me to hold the line for a few minutes and came back saying it will also be implemented in about a year's time (same as the residence requirements).

I know it's probably not official. But it's good enough for me. :)

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot for the warm sharing![flash=200,200][/flash]

Just note that we don't have to give a sh*t to those who think everyone owe him an answer of whatever he ask!

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
I don't know why I feel there is a change in something ???? on 19/Jun c-24 bill became a law , hours after a press release came from cic saying that 4/6 requirement & Intent to reside will be implemented in approximately a year from today !!! a week after that press release disappeared ?
from cic website ? does anyone has the link that's 1 ? second if they said that approximately a year why people are talking now that there will be a change for example this fall or this October ? am I right or wrong ??? somebody pls correct me if not ( 4/6 and intent will be in June 19 2015 or no ? if no why changed after there press release ?

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
MWM said:
I don't know why I feel there is a change in something ???? on 19/Jun c-24 bill became a law , hours after a press release came from cic saying that 4/6 requirement & Intent to reside will be implemented in approximately a year from today !!! a week after that press release disappeared ?
from cic website ? does anyone has the link that's 1 ? second if they said that approximately a year why people are talking now that there will be a change for example this fall or this October ? am I right or wrong ??? somebody pls correct me if not ( 4/6 and intent will be in June 19 2015 or no ? if no why changed after there press release ?
honestly none knows the CIC call senter says June 2015
but there ara many other versions
I plan to apply in Feb 2015 unless they apply the c-24 before that date

there is nothing I can do so I just chill and wait

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MWM said:

The news release is still there:

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=859509&_ga=1.59136805.985295127.1403227285

Don't know why you think it is "deleted"... :)

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
I demand that the new intent and residency requirements NOT come into force until January 1st 2016 :mad:. Who should I write to ?

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
MasterGeek said:
I demand that the new intent and residency requirements NOT come into force until January 1st 2016 :mad:. Who should I write to ?
I hear you man. I too demand a two-story mansion with an indoor spa, covered garage, and private, paved driveway on the coast of Nova Scotia.

Your point being what exactly?

Kaplan

Aug 12, 2010
And so, amigos y vecinos (Britain variant "vecinoUs"), so ends another chapter in the saga of C-24. Long gone are the days of those who came here, in order to share their anxieties, frustrations and accusations. No longer shall we revel in the splendour of
comforting misinformation, with an occasional sprinkle of fact.

As I look about, I cannot but notice the accumulation of cobwebs everywhere, even upon beer bottles, cans and ashtrays, that should have been properly discarded.

For any who should seek to use this chat room again, please see me at the end of the corridor, and I shall be delighted to provide the virtual key.

Good luck to those who seek citizenship honestly and in the best of faith!

Sincerely,

Kaplan (Turkish for "tiger")

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Kaplan said:
And so, amigos y vecinos (Britain variant "vecinoUs"), so ends another chapter in the saga of C-24. Long gone are the days of those who came here, in order to share their anxieties, frustrations and accusations. No longer shall we revel in the splendour of

As I look about, I cannot but notice the accumulation of cobwebs everywhere, even upon beer bottles, cans and ashtrays, that should have been properly discarded.

For any who should seek to use this chat room again, please see me at the end of the corridor, and I shall be delighted to provide the virtual key.

Sincerely,

It is sad, isn't it? A ruined edifice, covered with graffiti in an old tongue . . . people once lived here, but who? Did they ever apply for citizenship or have to wait another year? Will they tolerate the oath of intent to stay? Naught but echoes, the dusty wind off the desert and long shadows as the sun sets behind the mountains.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kaplan said:

Sincerely,

This sounds like V for Vendetta