+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best way to organize the envelopes

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, I am almost ready to send everything in. But, I was thinking what would be the best way to mail everything out?

I know that I can enclose the Forms in yellow envelopes and mark them according to the number of envelopes. But, is this the best way to organize all the forms so that CIC doesn't miss anything?

Has anyone used poly envelopes? This see thru vinyl envelope sure looks nice. By attaching an index outside, one can be sure that the materials can be seen from outside. This envelope is available at Staples.

Any suggesstion?

MTLQUEBEC

May 31, 2012
Did you get a chance to read this :
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t92449.0.html

It's really well done.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Although envelopes seem like a better way to organise all the documents, from other posts I have read, it can be better to opt not to put anything in envelopes at all, just in the order of the checklist, with paperclips holding the necessary items together (if anything).
I only say this, because it means the CIC officer wont have to open each envelope before the initial check- and I have heard of another forum member putting one of the sponsor's forms in the applicants 'envelope' by accident, instead of in theirs, so the whole application was returned to them, as the CIC officer thought it was incomplete. In my opinion, not having envelopes would prevent this from happening, and the CIC officer can do the initial check easily without burning holes in their hands trying to open everything.

Having said that I do know of people (like in the above link) who have done it with no dramas - so I guess it's whatever you are more comfortable with. :)

naido

Apr 6, 2012
just a note though: An immigration officer told us not to use paper clips, or binder clips or any form of metal for security delays

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naido said:
just a note though: An immigration officer told us not to use paper clips, or binder clips or any form of metal for security delays
Binder clips are necessary to put all these documents/

But is it ok to staple?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
it says on CIC website - no staples... so keep them to a minimum(notarized documents that are stapled together anyway!).
You want CIC to be as quick as possible - so avoid extra envelops, etc, that might look nice, more organised etc, but if the CIC officer has to go through everything, it's just a waste of time...

So - big paperclips to hold things together if you want to, the barcodes at the top, and that should be it. you can separate the information in 3 envelops maybe - 1 for sponsor, 1 for applicants, 1 for proofs of relationship.

Good luck,
Sweden

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
We got one of those plastic document holders and put everything in order as per the checklists (sponsor's documents, then applicant's documents then supporting documents) then slid it all into the holder and secured it with the cord at the front. From there I figured they could see the entire package, separate them as need be and confirm with the checklist we included everything needed.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My opinion....

These guys are processing thousands upon thousands of applications. Follow the directions, and organize as per the checklist and all will go fine.

I do disagree with individual envelopes....just use checklists to organize, and don't worry about metal, or staples, or paperclips, they will know how to process as long as its in order of the checklist.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was thinking who decides what document is seen by Visa Officer in 2nd stage.

As I organize all the Forms & Documents in the chronological order of the Checklist (IMM 5491), I am putting the supporting documents at the end. They include documents from both me & my wife (who I am sponsoring). Example are: proof of financial support (a wire transfer receipt), chat log, relationship letter, friend's reference letter etc.

My question is how do I know that the CIC officer in Missisauga will sent all the supporting documents to my wife's visa processing centre (in this case, Singapore)? What is stopping him from choosing the documents to be sent to Singapore office? In that case Singapore office may not even know what I included in the original file.

Any thoughts?

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
goodman36 said:
I was thinking who decides what document is seen by Visa Officer in 2nd stage.

As I organize all the Forms & Documents in the chronological order of the Checklist (IMM 5491), I am putting the supporting documents at the end. They include documents from both me & my wife (who I am sponsoring). Example are: proof of financial support (a wire transfer receipt), chat log, relationship letter, friend's reference letter etc.

My question is how do I know that the CIC officer in Missisauga will sent all the supporting documents to my wife's visa processing centre (in this case, Singapore)? What is stopping him from choosing the documents to be sent to Singapore office? In that case Singapore office may not even know what I included in the original file.

Any thoughts?
Well most people get their supporting documents back once a visa has been granted so I would assume that CIC ships the whole file to the applicable VO but in the order they like it. But having said that, I kept a full copy of my entire application including copies of all the proof just as a backup. You will always be granted an interview if they feel your proof isn't strong enough or some other flag so you would know then as well if they did not have all your proof. But this is not really something you need to worry about. Haven't heard anything on this forum at all indicating that someone's proof wenting missing....an entire application to the wrong VO yes...but not missing proof. :D