+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BECOMING A REGISTERED NURSE (RN) OR LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) IN CANADA

BQS

Oct 1, 2011
hi slaz4232, it think we have same experience i had my application sent last july 2011 but it was refused last sept 2011 because of main duties as stated. I'm losing my hope if i ever can come to canada.Can we share infos in order for us to apply again.My agency also wont guarantee my reapplication to be process. And that they gave another option in which my husband the main applicant would be my husband since he have college certificate.You have mentioned guys about the CAIPS?can you also give info how to see the reasons of refusal?Will i ever have the chance to still reapply even my agency is no longer interested in my reapplication?Thanks and Happy new year!

slaz4232

Dec 16, 2011
:)hiBQS,happy new year to you,wish both of us will have a lucky year.my agency is also not garanteed for my re-application,but anyway i'm prepairing what is needed ,if you don't try ,how to know you can win or not?i believe if we do on right way,God will bless us more and more.so don't stop your steps,i checked about CAIPS,i think we must first have a file number of CIC,then only can check but we haven't reached ,we have not file number,who is accepted by CIC then only have it.i just follow what they said,doing new referrence and work experence,here i want to thank Mr.hmisabpk,it was he encouraged me,may God bless him and happy new year to him.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slaz4232 said:
:)hiBQS,happy new year to you,wish both of us will have a lucky year.my agency is also not garanteed for my re-application,but anyway i'm prepairing what is needed ,if you don't try ,how to know you can win or not?i believe if we do on right way,God will bless us more and more.so don't stop your steps,i checked about CAIPS,i think we must first have a file number of CIC,then only can check but we haven't reached ,we have not file number,who is accepted by CIC then only have it.i just follow what they said,doing new referrence and work experence,here i want to thank Mr.hmisabpk,it was he encouraged me,may God bless him and happy new year to him.
[size=12pt]Hi,slaz4232,

Thank you for your nice words, and wish you the success in your immigration process.

Wish you and your family Super 2012, lots of health, happiness and of course success !!

Regards,

hmisabpk

BQS

Oct 1, 2011
THANKS you both of you guys, slaz4232 and hmisabpk! My worries now is how will i compose all the requirements since i was just depending all the things needed for my application in my previous application.Guys can you pls give me the wedsite or enumeration of the documents to be pass?Another thing is they didnt send me yet my money refund since sept 27 when they sent me refusal letter.i dont have an idea if it will really be refunded.Still hoping they will my money so i can start my reapplication.Thanks

slaz4232

Dec 16, 2011
:)hi Mr.hmisabpk,thank you very much for your greeting card,it is so beautiful,i was really so happy the moment when i saw it.it will always stay in my mind and remind me that in this materialistic world,still there are some people donating their time to help the others wholeheartedly,that is a pracious spirit.wish you all the best.

slaz4232

Dec 16, 2011
hiBQS,i think you just go back to your agency,as they have all your copies,and ask them which is missing and which is needed to make a new,i have received my refund money ,but refund from agency,they don't give.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
My case is that I am a nurse by profession working for a govt hospital in Middle east. I did the landing procedures a few months back and came back giving the address of my relative in Canada and they have my PR cards now. While I was in Canada I went to Davenport and got my registration application in RN GENERAL category forwarded to CNO . After I came back to Middle east I send the Verification of Transcripts etc to my nursing college in India and they send it back to CNO.
Now last week I got a new set of forms. I am quite clear abt it but need to clear a few doubts. Now if someone who has gone thru this process can definitely help me I guess.
The question is on the A4 summary of employment u need to list all the employers with whom u worked and send this directly to CNO. Here I need to state that I am working since 98 as Rn and have worked for 4 employers till date. I will list all in this a4 form.
On the B4 FORM I have to give this to my employer to forward directly to CNO.
It is stated on their letter that u should provide the employers of the last 5 yrs.
So my current employer i am working since 2003 ( 8 YRS ) so is it ok if I just provide the verification of this employer and skip my 3 previous employers.
Please someone who has done this part kindly advice and also whom should I provide this form for filling out since i work in a govt hospital and planning to resign in June 2012 and leave for Canada permanently.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, KRP,

It is OK to provide current employer's B4 form, make sure proper hours are calculated and should be correct contact details of signing person. CNO prefer to check and verify by telephone.

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slaz4232 said:
:)hi Mr.hmisabpk,thank you very much for your greeting card,it is so beautiful,i was really so happy the moment when i saw it.it will always stay in my mind and remind me that in this materialistic world,still there are some people donating their time to help the others wholeheartedly,that is a pracious spirit.wish you all the best.
Hi,
Salaz4232, Thanks for lovely words.

hmisabpk

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hi Himsabpk,
Thanks a lot for ur valuable feedback.

sheenathomas21

Aug 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus/warsaw
NOC Code......
3152 and 6241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may -13- 2009
Doc's Request.
june-15-2009
AOR Received.
august -7-2009
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
june -23-2009
Med's Request
6-8-2012
Med's Done....
11-8-2012 medicals received in london20/8/12 rprf encashed on 27/8/12
Passport Req..
19/06/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2013
LANDED..........
27/07/2013
hai friends

any body knows how much ielts score is required to get a cno registration as a registred nurse?

thanks

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheenathomas21 said:
hai friends

any body knows how much ielts score is required to get a cno registration as a registred nurse?

thanks

Hi, Sheena Thomas 21,

CNO required minimum score 6.5 for registration.

The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.5. The minimum scores required to demonstrate reasonable fluency in written English on the IELTS are 6.5 in listening, 6.5 in writing and 6.5 in reading.

You can select any other Language Fluency Testing also and the required score details are following:

Language Fluency Testing

Written fluency in English can be demonstrated by successfully completing one of the following:

The computer-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with minimum scores of:
203 overall (213 minus the Standard Error of Measurement, or SEM, the estimate of how far off a score is from an examinee's actual proficiency),

19 in listening (21 minus the SEM),
20 in structure/writing (22 minus the SEM), and
20 in reading (22 minus the SEM).

The paper-based TOEFL with minimum scores of:
537 overall (550 minus the SEM),
53 in listening (55 minus the SEM),
53 in structure/writing (55 minus the SEM), and
53 in reading (55 minus the SEM).

The internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (iBT) with minimum scores of:
74 overall,
14 in writing,
18 in listening,
19 in reading, and
26 in speaking.

The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) with a minimum score of 75 (78 minus the SEM).
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.5. The minimum scores required to demonstrate reasonable fluency in written English on the IELTS are 6.5 in listening, 6.5 in writing and 6.5 in reading.
The Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) is accepted for demonstrating reasonable fluency in written English. The minimum scores required are 720 overall, 350 in listening and 350 in reading.
The Canadian Language Benchmarks Assessment for Nurses (CELBAN) minimum required scores are nine in listening, eight in reading and seven in writing.

Spoken fluency in English can be demonstrated by successfully completing any one of the following:

The Test of Spoken English (TSE) with a minimum score of 50
The MELAB speaking test with a minimum score of three
The IELTS with a minimum score of seven (the IELTS includes an integrated speaking test)
The CELBAN with a minimum score of eight (CELBAN includes an integrated speaking test)

FRENCH FLUENCY

Fluency in French can be demonstrated by successfully completing the Test de français international (TFI) with a minimum overall score of 750.

If you have studied in any English speaking country then they may be waive your Language Fluency Testing

Hope that helps, :)

hmisabpk

sheenathomas21

Aug 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus/warsaw
NOC Code......
3152 and 6241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may -13- 2009
Doc's Request.
june-15-2009
AOR Received.
august -7-2009
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
june -23-2009
Med's Request
6-8-2012
Med's Done....
11-8-2012 medicals received in london20/8/12 rprf encashed on 27/8/12
Passport Req..
19/06/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2013
LANDED..........
27/07/2013
hmisabpk said:
Hi, Sheena Thomas 21,

CNO required minimum score 6.5 for registration.

You can select any other Language Fluency Testing also and the required score details are following:

Language Fluency Testing

Written fluency in English can be demonstrated by successfully completing one of the following:

The computer-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with minimum scores of:
203 overall (213 minus the Standard Error of Measurement, or SEM, the estimate of how far off a score is from an examinee's actual proficiency),

19 in listening (21 minus the SEM),
20 in structure/writing (22 minus the SEM), and
20 in reading (22 minus the SEM).

The paper-based TOEFL with minimum scores of:
537 overall (550 minus the SEM),
53 in listening (55 minus the SEM),
53 in structure/writing (55 minus the SEM), and
53 in reading (55 minus the SEM).

The internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (iBT) with minimum scores of:
74 overall,
14 in writing,
18 in listening,
19 in reading, and
26 in speaking.

The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) with a minimum score of 75 (78 minus the SEM).
The Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) is accepted for demonstrating reasonable fluency in written English. The minimum scores required are 720 overall, 350 in listening and 350 in reading.
The Canadian Language Benchmarks Assessment for Nurses (CELBAN) minimum required scores are nine in listening, eight in reading and seven in writing.

Spoken fluency in English can be demonstrated by successfully completing any one of the following:

The Test of Spoken English (TSE) with a minimum score of 50
The MELAB speaking test with a minimum score of three
The IELTS with a minimum score of seven (the IELTS includes an integrated speaking test)
The CELBAN with a minimum score of eight (CELBAN includes an integrated speaking test)

FRENCH FLUENCY

Fluency in French can be demonstrated by successfully completing the Test de français international (TFI) with a minimum overall score of 750.

If you have studied in any English speaking country then they may be waive your Language Fluency Testing

Hope that helps, :)

hmisabpk
thanks hemispak for your valuable information

slaz4232

Dec 16, 2011
Hi,Mr.Hmisabpk,the checklist only ask about the principle applicant letters of reference,how about work experence,should i make a CV with all work experence written inside? or only to fill the form of main duty? and about my husband,they don't ask anything except who has work experence in canada,does it mean i don't send any of his reference letter and CV?does his work experence gain any point in account my total points?and anotherthing is,is there any problem that if they know i'm reapplying? need i mention it to them in my application? i'm so worry about that.please help.thanks a lot.

michaelantiola

Aug 26, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 05,2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 07,2010
AOR Received.
Dec 10,2010
Med's Request
Dec 13, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 4, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 29, 2012
LANDED..........
God willing on Oct 15
hi guys. just want to share that I was already with an eligibility from New Brunswick for CRNE. God bless us all ;)