Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charkei said:
Thanks a lot!
Want more set of questions Mr. Hmisabpk? :) hehe
Hi, Charkei,

You are welcome Sir,
I'm ready for your "set of questions" (always)

Regards,

hmisabpk

slaz4232

Dec 16, 2011
Hi,hmisabpk:i'm new here,i need your help pls,i applied for canada dream since 2009 May,but lastly 2011July my agent only sent alldocuments,and i got refusal as my main duty was very weak,that was 1st time i wrote cv in my life and was guided by the agent,i trusted him so much,but now i m so sad.i will do my best to write a new cv but 3152rn cap reached,i dont want to wait for next July,and also i was ineligible as they refused,can i apply under catogary of 3233 lpn?and also i want to try to send my documents by myself since i have so many years experence with agent,but im afraid incase any mistake i'll blame myself forever,,,,if i can apply 3233,should i write main duty following lpn ?thanks.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slaz4232 said:
Hi,hmisabpk:i'm new here,i need your help pls,i applied for canada dream since 2009 May,but lastly 2011July my agent only sent alldocuments,and i got refusal as my main duty was very weak,that was 1st time i wrote cv in my life and was guided by the agent,i trusted him so much,but now i m so sad.i will do my best to write a new cv but 3152rn cap reached,i dont want to wait for next July,and also i was ineligible as they refused,can i apply under catogary of 3233 lpn?and also i want to try to send my documents by myself since i have so many years experence with agent,but im afraid incase any mistake i'll blame myself forever,,,,if i can apply 3233,should i write main duty following lpn ?thanks.
Hi, slaz4232,

Sorry to hear your rejection.

You can apply under the NOC 3233, by yourself with well-prepared documents including the work experience or reference letter which should include as mush LPN job's main responsibilities. If you required any assistant write here and any one will help you to fix the problem.

NOC 3233 (Licensed Practical Nurse) main duties are below, you can modify the duties according to your area of practice.

Main duties
Licensed practical nurses perform some or all of the following duties:
•Provide nursing services, within defined scope of practice, to patients based on patient assessment and care planning procedures
•Perform nursing interventions such as taking vital signs, applying aseptic techniques including sterile dressing, ensuring infection control, monitoring nutritional intake and conducting specimen collection
•Administer medication and observe and document therapeutic effects
•Provide pre-operative and post-operative personal and comfort care
•Monitor established respiratory therapy and intravenous therapy
•Monitor patients' progress, evaluate effectiveness of nursing interventions and consult with appropriate members of healthcare team
•Provide safety and health education to individuals and their families.
Operating room technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
•Prepare patients for surgery by washing, shaving and sterilizing the patients' operative areas
•Assist in surgery by laying out instruments, setting up equipment, assisting surgical teams with gowns and gloves and passing instruments to surgeons
•Clean and sterilize the operating room and instruments.

Hope that helps,

Good luck for application.

hmisabpk

slaz4232

Dec 16, 2011
:)Thanks hmisabpk,my agent before filled my main duty on the form almost same RN 's i don't know why they rejected,maybe less practical experences,very brief,plus my cv wre more brief,but now i want to write combine both rn and lpn main duty,as they say if i can pass rn exam later,i still can work as a rn.also my collegue who worked with me in the same ward,she is working now in canada,we applied at same time,my agency was excerllent.what do you think of my plan?my police clearence certificate origenal given last time,they don't return back all of my documents,now can i apply without it?i'm looking forward for your reply.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slaz4232 said:
:)Thanks hmisabpk,my agent before filled my main duty on the form almost same RN 's i don't know why they rejected,maybe less practical experences,very brief,plus my cv wre more brief,but now i want to write combine both rn and lpn main duty,as they say if i can pass rn exam later,i still can work as a rn.also my collegue who worked with me in the same ward,she is working now in canada,we applied at same time,my agency was excerllent.what do you think of my plan?my police clearence certificate origenal given last time,they don't return back all of my documents,now can i apply without it?i'm looking forward for your reply.
Hi, slaz4232,
Your employment or job experience was verified? May be some of verification were not received properly by VO. If you need to know the details, may you can request for CAIPS note.
May be it is not only the job duties, may you have less score or points? How about IELST test score/ band? Check with your agency and ask them to re-check your all documents and points.
RN and LPN job duties combine will work only if you are practically working in that positions and your immediate supervisor or boss is able to verify (in case of CHC will check to verify your work experience)
Police clearance, transcripts and other documents are required again for new application. Apply with well-prepared and well-arranged all required documents.

Hope that helps,
Wish you good luck for new application.

Regards,

hmisabpk

slaz4232

Dec 16, 2011
:)Thank you very much hmisabpk,my job experence has been verified by head nurse,i think now i need a new one,if possible i will ask the head of doctor to sign for me this time.my points was 73,and ilets score is 6.5,the agent said it's ok because my husband has college certificate.the only mentioned in the refusal email was main duty,there was no evident that i have practiced enoughsubstantial main duty,actually i work in the ward as a staff nurse who give patients tatol care,there isn't assisstant nurse or lpn as canada,,,,i read online the checklist of form,it says police clearance can be provided later,i really hope so,it's too difficult to get,will take long time also.i was planning to apply again soon in the end of Dec,now looks like no hope.and i must try to get an origenal ilets .the CAIP means showing reason of refusation?if so ,i really want to see it,can you tell me how to get look at it?im very grateful that you spend time to answer me,may God bless you always.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slaz4232 said:
:)Thank you very much hmisabpk,my job experence has been verified by head nurse,i think now i need a new one,if possible i will ask the head of doctor to sign for me this time.my points was 73,and ilets score is 6.5,the agent said it's ok because my husband has college certificate.the only mentioned in the refusal email was main duty,there was no evident that i have practiced enoughsubstantial main duty,actually i work in the ward as a staff nurse who give patients tatol care,there isn't assisstant nurse or lpn as canada,,,,i read online the checklist of form,it says police clearance can be provided later,i really hope so,it's too difficult to get,will take long time also.i was planning to apply again soon in the end of Dec,now looks like no hope.and i must try to get an origenal ilets .the CAIP means showing reason of refusation?if so ,i really want to see it,can you tell me how to get look at it?im very grateful that you spend time to answer me,may God bless you always.
Hi, salaz4232,
I think you have to request your experience letter or reference letter from your head of the department on official hospital letter head with official seal or stamp. Yes I know it is very difficult to get anything from police department.
How to order CAIPS note you can visit this thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-order-caips-notes-t72568.105.html

Good luck and best regards,

hmisabpk

slaz4232

Dec 16, 2011
Hi,hmsaibpk,thanks for repply,i got reference letter last time only headnurse signed,i think now i need to ask a standered one, i checked more than 1 hr for CAIPS,this is mostly for people who wants to know proceeding steps,i'm already rejected,so i don't want to request.i saw before on forum,there is a site to check the resons of refusal,they listed name and resons oneside,but now i could't find it,i called an agency who accept me to reapply,they said must announce to high commition that i was rejected as there is a record,i'm so worrid,and i worry about that if i apply by myself,will get less chance to sucssess than through an agency?that's why i called agency......looking forward for your repply.

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Charkei, to contribute to hmi.. comment

You can have a leave, normally it begins at 2 weeks a year and can increase to 5 weeks or so after you have worked for the organization for a long time. Normally, you also have some personal days or education days too. This is in addition to the regular holidays (christmas, new year, easter etc). Normally nurses work on those holidays but get paid 1.5 at most institution.

Health care facilities are dominated by females. Your gender does not affect your pay. Most hospitals are unionized. Search for Ontario Nurses Association the union. They state the pay and it is based on years of experience in Canada. It increases every year up to 8 years and after 8 years, you reach the maximum, until after around 25 you increase again only slightly, starts from 30/hour and increases to 42/hour or 45. Of course, if you are in charge of a shift, its a bit more; if you precept (teach a student one on one during your shift), there is a tiny bit more added to it. If you work in public health, starting pay at most public health unit is 35/hour. However, I think the chances of IENs getting a job a first job in a public health unit is very very slim as it requires a more indepth knowledge of public health, public health ethics and canadian health care system (this is the part IENs do poorly on the RN exam).

For price of cars, check out autotrader.ca or .com. It really ranges. Depends on a whole lot of diverse things.

Tax in Ontario depends on how much you make. The higher you make, the more percentage you have to give to the government. If you have some expenses, e.g. have family, pay for daycare, rent, go to school, your tax is less. When you get a job, you complete a form and it is automatically deducted based on the information you provide on the form. At the end of the year, you complete some form (probably an accountant or tax person will do it for you for a small fee) which calculates the amount of tax you are supposed to pay. You might have overpaid or underpaid the government on the original form you submitted to your work. If you paid to much tax, you get money back, if you pay too less tax, you need to pay the government money back.

It used to be previously 5 years, was reduced to 3 years less not too long ago. Im not absolutely sure, but I think its the issue of competence, they think if you have written 3 times and dont pass the chances that you will be good clinically is low (this is just what i think)

In addition to what has been mentioned. If you are in toronto the CARE for Nurses Centre is a centre for internationally educated nurses and they do examination review for a fee. They also offer other courses for internationally educated nurses. If you need to take courses to become a nurse in Canada, check out rnfoo.org (Registered Nurses Foundation of Ontario) and the Canadian Nurses Foundation. They have some funding and awards for internationally educated nurses taking courses.

Hope this helps

MAKY

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
AOR Received.
11-11-2010
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
11-11-2011
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012
hmisabpk
And RN Well done.thanks for the imforAtion

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slaz4232 said:
Hi,hmsaibpk,thanks for repply,i got reference letter last time only headnurse signed,i think now i need to ask a standered one, i checked more than 1 hr for CAIPS,this is mostly for people who wants to know proceeding steps,i'm already rejected,so i don't want to request.i saw before on forum,there is a site to check the resons of refusal,they listed name and resons oneside,but now i could't find it,i called an agency who accept me to reapply,they said must announce to high commition that i was rejected as there is a record,i'm so worrid,and i worry about that if i apply by myself,will get less chance to sucssess than through an agency?that's why i called agency......looking forward for your repply.
Hi, slaz4232,
I guess that could be the reason. It is true CAIPS will help to know the proceeding steps, better to check and make sure that agency will prepare your application properly and carefully.
Wish you good luck. :)

Regards,

hmisabpk

charkei

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Dipolog City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2010
AOR Received.
08-03-2011
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
07-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2011
LANDED..........
21-01-2012
RN said:
Charkei, to contribute to hmi.. comment

You can have a leave, normally it begins at 2 weeks a year and can increase to 5 weeks or so after you have worked for the organization for a long time. Normally, you also have some personal days or education days too. This is in addition to the regular holidays (christmas, new year, easter etc). Normally nurses work on those holidays but get paid 1.5 at most institution.

Health care facilities are dominated by females. Your gender does not affect your pay. Most hospitals are unionized. Search for Ontario Nurses Association the union. They state the pay and it is based on years of experience in Canada. It increases every year up to 8 years and after 8 years, you reach the maximum, until after around 25 you increase again only slightly, starts from 30/hour and increases to 42/hour or 45. Of course, if you are in charge of a shift, its a bit more; if you precept (teach a student one on one during your shift), there is a tiny bit more added to it. If you work in public health, starting pay at most public health unit is 35/hour. However, I think the chances of IENs getting a job a first job in a public health unit is very very slim as it requires a more indepth knowledge of public health, public health ethics and canadian health care system (this is the part IENs do poorly on the RN exam).

For price of cars, check out autotrader.ca or .com. It really ranges. Depends on a whole lot of diverse things.

Tax in Ontario depends on how much you make. The higher you make, the more percentage you have to give to the government. If you have some expenses, e.g. have family, pay for daycare, rent, go to school, your tax is less. When you get a job, you complete a form and it is automatically deducted based on the information you provide on the form. At the end of the year, you complete some form (probably an accountant or tax person will do it for you for a small fee) which calculates the amount of tax you are supposed to pay. You might have overpaid or underpaid the government on the original form you submitted to your work. If you paid to much tax, you get money back, if you pay too less tax, you need to pay the government money back.

It used to be previously 5 years, was reduced to 3 years less not too long ago. Im not absolutely sure, but I think its the issue of competence, they think if you have written 3 times and dont pass the chances that you will be good clinically is low (this is just what i think)

In addition to what has been mentioned. If you are in toronto the CARE for Nurses Centre is a centre for internationally educated nurses and they do examination review for a fee. They also offer other courses for internationally educated nurses. If you need to take courses to become a nurse in Canada, check out rnfoo.org (Registered Nurses Foundation of Ontario) and the Canadian Nurses Foundation. They have some funding and awards for internationally educated nurses taking courses.

Hope this helps
Thanks much RN. You guys rock! I never thought of taking exams yet to become a nurse in Canada as soon as I arrived. I am not knowledgeably prepared and really needs a review over again. :) I'll try to seek help in Care for Nurses Center for me to avail those free examination review. You guys know where it is in Ontario? :)

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charkei said:
Thanks much RN. You guys rock! I never thought of taking exams yet to become a nurse in Canada as soon as I arrived. I am not knowledgeably prepared and really needs a review over again. :) I'll try to seek help in Care for Nurses Center for me to avail those free examination review. You guys know where it is in Ontario? :)
Hi, Charkei,
Correction!!

It is not free, the cost of membership $ 125, All Exam Preparation courses cost $350 and $ 40 review books (if want to buy $ 60 for nonmembers)

Following are the center's address and contact details in Ontario.

CARE Centre Toronto
45 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 512
Toronto, ON M2N 5W9
1-416-226-2800

CARE Centre Hamilton
100 James Street South, Suite 2
Hamilton, ON L8P 2Z2
1-905-521-1777
1-866-515-0018 (toll free)

CARE Centre London
Located at Fanshawe College
London, ON, Canada
1- 905-521-1777

Mississauga and Brampton
1-416-226-2800

Kitchener Region
1- 905-521-1777

St. Catharines and Niagara
1- 905-521-1777

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

charkei

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Dipolog City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2010
AOR Received.
08-03-2011
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
07-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2011
LANDED..........
21-01-2012
hmisabpk said:
Hi, Charkei,
Correction!!

It is not free, the cost of membership $ 125, All Exam Preparation courses cost $350 and $ 40 review books (if want to buy $ 60 for nonmembers)

Following are the center's address and contact details in Ontario.

CARE Centre Toronto
45 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 512
Toronto, ON M2N 5W9
1-416-226-2800

CARE Centre Hamilton
100 James Street South, Suite 2
Hamilton, ON L8P 2Z2
1-905-521-1777

CARE Centre London
Located at Fanshawe College
London, ON, Canada
1- 905-521-1777

Mississauga and Brampton
1-416-226-2800

Kitchener Region
1- 905-521-1777

St. Catharines and Niagara
1- 905-521-1777

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk
Ohhh my! I have wrongly read it. My vision saw it as a free instead of fee. haha. :) Sorry guys. Thanks Mr. hmisabpk. Info noted on my list... I'll be seeking help with them as soon as I arrived.