BECOMING A REGISTERED NURSE (RN) OR LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) IN CANADA

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gizmo59 said:
Hi hmisabpk
Thanks for that. I don't have a degree in nursing from the UK, which is why I am applying to the NCO for the LPN exam.
I'm wondering though whether the Canadian immigration people will assess my application in the RN class or will they say the same. It is complicated because I actually have a BA in Community Health, and also a Masters in Nursing but they are theorectical courses, not the same as my original RN and RMN certificates.
I plan to put RN category first on my application because that fits my work references best, but I would like to know if I can put LPN as a second choice and whether they are likely to consider me in that NOC if RN is full or they think I'm not qualified enough.
Does that make sense?
Thanks
Hi, gizmo59,

CIC will assess your application in RN category. If you have Master in Nursing, you have good chance for RN category. Prepare well your references / work experience according to the RN Noc job responsibilities. You can reapply for LPN category in cases of CIC will not approve RN application. I’m not aware if you can make first and second choice on same application.

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

gizmo59

Jun 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks again hmisabpk

You are being really helpful. I have another question now! I have posted it in a separate thread too, but maybe someone here can answer.

In the Economic Classes form I have to list my work experience for the last 10 years, but they say on the form 'list your occupations'. Does this mean that I put all my RN jobs together as one 'occupation' or do I list each job separately? I have worked in 3 different RN jobs in the last 10 years.

Thanks again.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gizmo59 said:
Thanks again hmisabpk
You are being really helpful. I have another question now!.........RN jobs in the last 10 years.
Thanks again.
Hi, gizmo59,
Your occupations is only one as RN, all 3 different position with different employer , were also as RN. You can write only Registered Nurse.

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

gizmo59

Jun 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmisabpk said:
Hi, gizmo59,
Your occupations is only one as RN, all 3 different position with different employer , were also as RN. You can write only Registered Nurse.

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk
Yes, that helps. Thanks!

jijitipie

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila; noc 3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July8,2011
AOR Received.
Oct6,2011
File Transfer...
Nov15,2011
Med's Request
Jan4,2012
Med's Done....
Jan12,2012
Passport Req..
May 23,2012, PP received by CEM: May 28,2012 @ 10:30am
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
hi guys , I applied in cno and crnbc as RN,.my crnbc reg will expire on aug 2013, they require me to do the sec exam last 2010,but due to difficulties in getting a visa.I asked for an extension and requested to do a bridging program instead so that I can apply for a student visa..I have now a PR visa..and the next semester at Kwantlen will open on January 2013.. my cno app is still in process cause I havent received the competency assessment supplement forms from them but they told me that they have already sent it last april,2012.

I am planning to apply for LPN for faster processing and hoping to get the eligibility to take the exam faster..
I would like to know the IELTS requirement for LPN in BC? what regulatory body should I contact? and how many weeks do they process LPN if the applicant is already in BC?thank you..

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jijitipie said:
hi guys , I applied in cno and crnbc as RN,.my crnbc reg will expire on aug 2013, ............................I am planning to apply for LPN for faster processing and hoping to get the eligibility to take the exam faster..
1. I would like to know the IELTS requirement for LPN in BC?
2. what regulatory body should I contact?
3. and how many weeks do they process LPN if the applicant is already in BC?
thank you..
Hi, jijitipie,

1. IELTS (Academic Version) Speaking 7.0 , Listening 7.5 , Reading 6.5 , Writing 7.0 , Overall 7.0. https://www.crnbc.ca/Registration/Lists/RegistrationResources/501englishtests.pdf
2. BRITISH COLUMBIA,
College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia,
855 Arbutus Street , Vancouver BC V6J 3Y8
Tel: (604) 736-7331
Fax: (604) 738-2272
E-mail: info @ crnbc.ca
https://www.crnbc.ca/Pages/Default.aspx

3. Depend on your paper work, documents and verification etc... details are on their website.
Registration for Internationally-educated Nurse Practitioners:
https://www.crnbc.ca/Registration/NPapplication/lEN/Pages/Default.aspx

In case you need the quicker process then may you can ask for Temporary Registration:

Temporary Registration – Emergency process will be quicker than the full registration process, applicants will still be required to submit an application along with other documentation. This registration will be effective for a maximum of 90 days. Application package https://www.crnbc.ca/Registration/Lists/RegistrationResources/Formtempregemergency.pdf

Hope that helps, :)

hmisabpk

Nurse Vitals

Jun 21, 2012
Hi All:

In order to become a registered Nurse Nurse here in Canada, everyone must write and pass the Canadian Registered Nurse Exam (CRNE). If anyone needs help reviewing for this exam, please contact me @nursevitals@gmail.com

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Hello Friend,

How are you, i am planning on migrating to canada i am a registered nurse and needs help reviewing for this exam. i recently started reading the information on the forum and find it very informative.

Thank you for your help.

spongebob18

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SENT:07-03-2012 RECEIVED:12-03-2012 (by MIKE)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
BD ENCASHED:19-03-2012 PER:27-03-2012
IELTS Request
07-03-2012
HELLO!

namention mo dito na nagrequest ka for extension sa SEC or request to do bridging instead. pinayagan ka ba na magbridging nalang? can you forward me a sample of your request? under CARNA ako and they also asked me to do SEC too, and next year oct na ang expiry and waiting palang application namin for pr, and quite frankly i'd rather do bridging so i also would want to request sans to do bridging instead of SEC.

any advise? Thanks!

jijitipie said:
hi guys , I applied in cno and crnbc as RN,.my crnbc reg will expire on aug 2013, they require me to do the sec exam last 2010,but due to difficulties in getting a visa.I asked for an extension and requested to do a bridging program instead so that I can apply for a student visa..I have now a PR visa..and the next semester at Kwantlen will open on January 2013.. my cno app is still in process cause I havent received the competency assessment supplement forms from them but they told me that they have already sent it last april,2012.

I am planning to apply for LPN for faster processing and hoping to get the eligibility to take the exam faster..
I would like to know the IELTS requirement for LPN in BC? what regulatory body should I contact? and how many weeks do they process LPN if the applicant is already in BC?thank you..

spongebob18

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SENT:07-03-2012 RECEIVED:12-03-2012 (by MIKE)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
BD ENCASHED:19-03-2012 PER:27-03-2012
IELTS Request
07-03-2012
bump :)
spongebob18 said:
HELLO!

namention mo dito na nagrequest ka for extension sa SEC or request to do bridging instead. pinayagan ka ba na magbridging nalang? can you forward me a sample of your request? under CARNA ako and they also asked me to do SEC too, and next year oct na ang expiry and waiting palang application namin for pr, and quite frankly i'd rather do bridging so i also would want to request sans to do bridging instead of SEC.

any advise? Thanks!

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

CARE (Creating Access to Regulated Employment) for Nurses
Exam Preparation
Many internationally educated nurses contact CARE to inquire about CRNE and CPNRE preparation options. CARE offers an extensive course to eligible members who have completed the CARE program and are ready to begin the exam preparation process.

Scheduling
The Exam Prep Course is 10 full days of study (including a mock examination and feedback day) and why schedules may vary by location, they are typically scheduled one day per week. This allows for increased individual learning and preparation time between classes.

Eligibility
Exam Preparation is offered to CARE members only. Please speak with your case manager to determine your eligibility.

Cost
All Exam Preparation courses cost.... Tuition Assistance may be available to those who qualify and you are encouraged to speak to your case manager. The cost of this course also includes a comprehensive study guide.

Suggested Exam Preparation Resources
The College of Nurses of Ontario Compendium
The new Third Edition of the Compendium of Standards of Practice for Nurses in Ontario is only available online; the print edition in the binder is no longer available.
The new Compendium allows nurses to access, download and print up-to-date College practice standards and guidelines 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at no cost.

Canadian Registered Nurse Examination
Blueprint for the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination June 2010 – May 2015
The blueprint provides in-depth information about the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination (CRNE).
Canadian Registered Nurse Examination Prep Guide, 5th Edition
The Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) has developed the 5th edition of the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination Prep Guide to help you prepare for writing the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination (CRNE) from June 2010 to 2015. The prep guide contains multiple-choice practice questions similar to those found on the CRNE that are specifically designed to familiarize you with the CRNE. Included with the prep guide is an interactive CD-ROM that contains the same questions as the prep guide plus 50 additional questions. Using the CD-ROM, you can receive immediate feedback, create a performance profile and focus your learning on specific competency categories in which you need practice.

Nursing Ethics
Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses (2008 Centennial Edition)
The Canadian Nurses Association's Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses is a statement of the ethical values of nurses and of nurses' commitments to persons with health-care needs and persons receiving care.

Suggestions:
• Mosby's Canadian Comprehensive Review of Nursing Text and Your Guide to Short Answer Questions on the CRNE Package by Dolores F. Saxton
• Mosby's Comprehensive Review for the Canadian RN Exam by Janice Marshall-Henty
• Mosby's Prep Guide for the Canadian RN Exam by Janice Marshall-Henty
• Lippincott's CRNE Prep Guide by Elaine Schow

Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination
CPNRE Predictor Test
The Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination Predictor Test is a tool that will help candidates estimate how ready they are to take the exam. The Predictor Test is available online.
The Predictor Test is a short-version of the CPNRE and it is designed to help you gauge your readiness for the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination and help focus your future studying.

CPNRE Prep Tools
Canadian Practical Nurse Exam Prep Guide, 3rd Edition
This preparation guide was developed by the same people who create and score the CPNRE. The new and improved RPN Exam Prep Guide is a study guide in print format with an accompanying CD-ROM.
Additional Suggestions
•Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Practical Nursing for the NCLEX-PN by Mary O. Eyles

More information visit : http://www.care4nurses.org/

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FOR EMPLOYMENT

What HealthForceOntario Can Do For You

* HealthForceOntario is working to provide full employment for nurses and make nursing careers in
* Ontario more attractive and rewarding
* Through HealthForceOntario, the province is developing innovative new roles for nurses
* The Nursing Graduate Guarantee aims to ensure that every new Ontario nursing graduate who wants to work full-time in the province will have that opportunity
* HealthForceOntario offers a number of programs and incentives to promote life-long learning and help nurses develop new knowledge and skills throughout their careers
* HealthForceOntario offers a number of programs to support nurses in their work

For more information:
http://www.healthforceontario.ca/

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

nursegio

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2011
AOR Received.
01-11-2011
Interview........
Juin 5, 2012
Hello Mr. hmisabpk!

I am new to this page. i would like to ask question regarding nursing bridging program in Ontario. How do I start from this? I have 3 years work experience as a nurse here in my country. Thank you in advance :)

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nursegio said:
Hello Mr. hmisabpk!
I am new to this page. i would like to ask question regarding nursing bridging program in Ontario. How do I start from this? I have 3 years work experience as a nurse here in my country. Thank you in advance :)
Hi, nursegio,

If you have already applied for immigration and waiting for PR file process, than you can apply for RN or LPN registration in Ontario.
Steps are.
1. Send registration request to CNO (Collage of Nurses of Ontario)
2. Gather your all documents according to the CNO requirement ( they will send you the application package and guide line how to complete)
3. Wait for the CNO decision they will be the one to decide if you need bridging program or you can go for CNE (Canadian Nursing Exam)

In order to apply for registration, you must contact the College of Nurses of Ontario to request an application package. Here is the link of CNO, send request on given address http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/new-applicants/international/internationally-educated-nurses/

4. Here are the list and link of bridging program: (few only just to know how it works)
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_HOW_WORK_NURSE.html
http://www.georgebrown.ca/S122-2012-2013/
http://www.yorku.ca/health/nurs/programs_inter_educated.html
http://www.centennialcollege.ca/Programs/ProgramOverview.aspx?Program=9352
http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/SearchResults/HEALTH-MEDICAL-NURSING-BRIDGING/_/N-lo8n

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Hello hmisabki,

Nice work you are doing here, i would have sent you a PM but i guess some other members in this forum may need same answers like my issue.

My wife and i will be migrating to canada next year hopefully, my wife intends to start a NEW career in Nursing but we dont have any clue on the steps to take... She is a graduate of Chemistry and we intend to land in alberta or Saskatchewan.

Are there any exams or info that we can start working with from our home country before landing to expedite this career option ?

kindly reply