+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BE from Mumbai university Attestation of markshets, engineering college studdown

cprograme84

Apr 29, 2014
Dear All,

I have been reading various posts on this forum for attestation of mark sheets for BE course for WES certification,
The procedure on some of the topics mentions that university will required college attested photo copies from semester 3 to 6 where as
so that it is attested along with the university marks sheets for sem 1,2, 7 & 8.

canadavisa.com/
canada-immigration-discussion-board
/transcripts-from-mumbai-university-t44785.15.html

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/
mumbai-university-wes-problem-with-attestation-t145954.0.html

However the issue in my case is that the engineering college has shut down, so i have no college to go to for attestation of the college issued mark sheets. can some 1 please guide me the steps who has been doing this for the skilled worker program for 2014 which opened this year. There is a lot of confusion and so many post which give a diffrent idea.

Some say to visit kalina campus, some mention student wellfare at churchgate can some one please guide,

regards,

ambya

May 14, 2014
Hi all

even I would like to know where to go to get BE transcripts from MU?

Kalina or Churchgate?

Or college itself?

Will be greatly appreciated if someone clarifies

cprograme84

Apr 29, 2014
Go to churchgage behind syndnam college..if your marksheets are more then 10 years old then you need to visit mumbai univiersity kalina and get the marksheet verified and get a stamp on them, othewise go to churchgate..the turn around time for this is atleast 25 days.

lids2154

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cprograme84 said:
Go to churchgage behind syndnam college..if your marksheets are more then 10 years old then you need to visit mumbai univiersity kalina and get the marksheet verified and get a stamp on them, othewise go to churchgate..the turn around time for this is atleast 25 days.
They'l need to go to Kalina Campus coz when i went for my verification work in Kalina campus i met a guy there who was sent here(Mumbai Campus) from Churhgate campus.
I myself got my marksheet and cert. verified from Kalina Campus and i think youl need to submit only your last year(university issued marksheet) for verification.
Best of luck. please do PM me if you need any help. God bless u. :)

lids

karthiksunil

May 23, 2014
Dear Friends

I had completed my Engineering in 1998 from Mumbai University.I wanted to send my attested documents to WES. What documents have to be attested and sent to WES from Mumbai University.Can you guide me with the procedure and what are the charges for the same.

Regards

vtrycanada

May 29, 2014
Hi Friends,

I wish to apply for FSW. I am BE from Mumbai University from a college named Parshvanath College of Engineering, pass out 2001.
My college is closed.

So where can i go to get my sem 3-6 marksheets attested ?
I have done Diploma earlier so ko Sem 1&2 markesheets.

@lids2154, your last message,
They'l need to go to Kalina Campus coz when i went for my verification work in Kalina campus i met a guy there who was sent here(Mumbai Campus) from Churhgate campus.
I myself got my marksheet and cert. verified from Kalina Campus and i think youl need to submit only your last year(university issued marksheet) for verification.
Best of luck. please do PM me if you need any help. God bless u.

@lids2154,Did you just get ONLY Semester 7,8 and Degree certificate attested from Mumbai University ?
Did you ONLY sent Semester 7,8 and Degree certificate to WES ?
How much did the attestation cost ?
Did you ask for sealed envelope with attested marksheets ? OR did you sent attested photocopies to WES (ECA clearance)
Did anyone you know, have asked mumbai university officials as to who attests marksheets sem 3 to 6 in case College has closed or shutdown ?

@karthiksunil, @cprograme84 >>>> Updates from your sides.

Too many questions, but will help many.

thanks

lids2154

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vtrycanada said:
Hi Friends,

I wish to apply for FSW. I am BE from Mumbai University from a college named Parshvanath College of Engineering, pass out 2001.
My college is closed.

So where can i go to get my sem 3-6 marksheets attested ?
I have done Diploma earlier so ko Sem 1&2 markesheets.

@ lids2154, your last message,
Best of luck. please do PM me if you need any help. God bless u.

@ lids2154,Did you just get ONLY Semester 7,8 and Degree certificate attested from Mumbai University ?
Did you ONLY sent Semester 7,8 and Degree certificate to WES ?
How much did the attestation cost ?
Did you ask for sealed envelope with attested marksheets ? OR did you sent attested photocopies to WES (ECA clearance)
Did anyone you know, have asked mumbai university officials as to who attests marksheets sem 3 to 6 in case College has closed or shutdown ?

@ karthiksunil, @ cprograme84 >>>> Updates from your sides.

Too many questions, but will help many.

thanks
Hi,
I am a B.com graduate and at first time i had sent all my final year marksheet (university issued) to WES in college sealed envelope.
I got a mail from WES in couple of days that they need university issued marksheet in university sealed envelope and they wont accept college issued marksheets.
Then i again sent a mail to WES informing them that i have misplaced my 1st & 2nd year marksheets and it will take more time to get it from college.
I got a reply from WES that they need only my FINAL year marksheet and degree cert. attested by controller of examination attested in university envelope.
I went to the university and displayed the WES form to the officer. He was very well aware of the WES requirements and he said that he know the process very well and its called as "Marksheet/degree cert. verification"...
He will ask you for the WES form, your original FINAL year marksheet(to cross verify), Degree Cert., and copies of both.
He wil then give you a rough receipt which you need to submit it to the cash counter along with the FEEs(Rs. 750 per attestation<don't know if its changes now>)
After paying your fee take the original receipt back to the officer, he will then accept your documents and will ask you to come after 20 WORKING DAYS to collect the envelope. After 20 days i collected the envelope and sent it to WES and after they received my docs my ECA report was prepared.

Main Pointers...
1. WES needs only UNIVERSITY ISSUED MARKSHEETS & CERT.
2. They won't accept your college/institution issued marksheet/s or Cert. unless its a AUTONOMOUS college.
3. Complete this procedure ASAP as university people are pathetic in their jobs. Just for 10 mins work they are wasting our 3 weeks
:-\ :-\ :-\

Please do PM me if u need any other help.
Stay Blessed, God bless u.
Best of luck for your processing.
Please keep me in your prayers. :)

lids

vtrycanada

May 29, 2014
Hello Friends,

Thank you, @ lids2154. I blindly followed your suggestions(last post before this).

I just took photocopies of my 7th,8th semester marksheets,degree certificate and submitted to mumbai university in Kalina,Mumbai.Paid required money for attesting documents.Costed 1275 INR per photocopy attestation so overall cost came to 3825 INR.The officer asked me to come back after 15 days.

I went and he asked me the address of institution of Canada to which the documents where to be sent.They prepare a letter addressing the institute of Canada.Since i was to send the documents to WES, i gave toronto address of WES. They gave me a sealed envelope.

I had also done Diploma in Computer engg, so was confused, if i need to get that attested.But since i wanted to get only my Bachelor's degree evaluated, i did not attest diploma certificates.Also with that i had entered only bachelor degree evaluation at WES.

I put the envelope given by university in another envelope and posted it to WES in canada.

I got positive reply from WES and got my education evaluation successfully completed with WES recognizing my Indian Bachelor's degree equivalent to Canadian Bachelor's degree.

thank you all for sharing your experiences.Saved lot of time and money.

Reactions: baggy

manishjoshi17

Sep 22, 2014
Hi,

I wanted to have a discussion with you on the attestation of the BE engg. degree.

my challenge is that I am not residing in Mumbai right now. so I need to be absolutely sure about the process and steps as I will have to travel and take leave from work to close this out.

May I request you to kindly have a word with me.

thanks & regards,
Manish.

eagermom

Sep 24, 2014
Hi!
Glad to know that you got a positive reply from WES! Congratulations! I am about to embark on the journey myself so your advice about going to Kalina was really helpful, as was the mention of the fee, as I would otherwise have never carried so much money! I have just one more question: Which room do we need to go to in Kalina for the application? Is it forst the inquiry counter and then room no. 24 as someone else has mentioned? Would appreciate if you let me know.
Thanks and best of luck!!

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Hello everybody!

I'm already in Canada and my original marksheets are with me. I need to get my mark sheets attested. Any idea how I can go about it? I can ask my family to visit the University with the photocopies, but would that work?

Monika Prasad

Nov 4, 2014
Dear Vtry and Lids?

Within how many days did WES send you the ECA? Is there a faster way to do the Mumbai University attestation and verification from the Controller? I'm a bit nervous on the deadlines as I am an applicant for the FSW category and I have just begun gathering my documents. My Father will go to University on Friday with the originals and copies of marksheets and degree for verification, but I need to get the sealed envelope from the University quicker, how can I get it done faster?

Also, which building in Kalina University does he have to go? Does anyone have the exact address and if possible(contact number).

Please help

rshah110

Apr 20, 2015
I had sent my documents to WES Canada for verification. I have done diploma in engineering and 3 years degree in Electronics from college-Vasantdada Patil, mumbai(Mumbai university)
They accepted my diploma mark sheets but my degree mark sheets were rejected. :(

This was the response I received:

1 Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education, India

Diploma in Digital Electronics, 2001
WHAT IS REQUIRED STATUS REASON INSTRUCTIONS
Diploma Certificate Accepted
Mark Sheets Issued by the Board Accepted

2 University of Mumbai, India
Bachelor of Engineering, 2004
WHAT IS REQUIRED STATUS
Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional) Accepted

University-Issued Mark Sheets X Rejected
REASON:
The document was not received from the institution or the appropriate examining body that awarded the degree/diploma as required by WES

INSTRUCTIONS
Please arrange for your academic documents to be sent directly to WES by the institution or examining body that awarded your degree/diploma.
Required Documents

Kindly tell me while re sending should i send only my 7th and 8th marksheets?( since that is issued from mumbai univ) and 2,3,4,5 and 6 are issues from college.

Please respond!

MailTranscripts

Nov 2, 2015
rshah110 said:
I had sent my documents to WES Canada for verification. I have done diploma in engineering and 3 years degree in Electronics from college-Vasantdada Patil, mumbai(Mumbai university)
They accepted my diploma mark sheets but my degree mark sheets were rejected. :(

This was the response I received:

1 Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education, India

Diploma in Digital Electronics, 2001
WHAT IS REQUIRED STATUS REASON INSTRUCTIONS
Diploma Certificate Accepted
Mark Sheets Issued by the Board Accepted

2 University of Mumbai, India
Bachelor of Engineering, 2004
WHAT IS REQUIRED STATUS
Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional) Accepted

University-Issued Mark Sheets X Rejected
REASON:
The document was not received from the institution or the appropriate examining body that awarded the degree/diploma as required by WES

INSTRUCTIONS
Please arrange for your academic documents to be sent directly to WES by the institution or examining body that awarded your degree/diploma.
Required Documents

Kindly tell me while re sending should i send only my 7th and 8th marksheets?( since that is issued from mumbai univ) and 2,3,4,5 and 6 are issues from college.

Please respond!

If your college is under Mumbai university, get your mark sheets(all 8) attested and sealed from Mumbai university, put it in another envelope along with your degree certificate and send it to WES. Let me know, if you have any other questions. You can reach me at MailTranscripts.com