CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Chibuz said:
And no need for a valid job offer right?
You may be eligible for this job offer-exempt category if you have graduated from an eligible B.C. post-secondary institution with an eligible masters or doctorate (PhD) degree within the past two years. Masters degrees and doctorates are eligible if your program of study was in the natural, applied, or health sciences:

agriculture
biological and biomedical sciences
computer and information sciences and support services
engineering
engineering technology
health professions and related clinical sciences
mathematics and statistics
natural resources conservation and research
physical sciences

Chibuz

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
wicaact said:
No, international postgraduate under skills immigration does not require IELTS
Thanks for the response. Got two concerns.

1.After getting nominated, will CIC require me to take IELTS? Or is it solely applicable to express entry applicants?

2. After getting nominated then what next? Create a profile with CIC?

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Chibuz said:
Thanks for the response. Got two concerns.

1.After getting nominated, will CIC require me to take IELTS? Or is it solely applicable to express entry applicants?

2. After getting nominated then what next? Create a profile with CIC?
If it's skill immigration(non-EE) CIC won't require IELTS, after nomination you need to send a paper application to CIC.

If it's BC PNP EE, you must have IELTS results otherwise you can't create an express entry profile.

dryiceman

Oct 4, 2015
wicaact said:
If it's skill immigration(non-EE) CIC won't require IELTS, after nomination you need to send a paper application to CIC.

If it's BC PNP EE, you must have IELTS results otherwise you can't create an express entry profile.
Hi wicaact, about "send a paper application to CIC" after getting a Skills Immigration (non-EE) under which stream are you referring to here? Thank you.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
dryiceman said:
Hi wicaact, about "send a paper application to CIC" after getting a Skills Immigration (non-EE) under which stream are you referring to here? Thank you.
Any skills immigration programs listed here:
https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration

dryiceman

Oct 4, 2015
wicaact said:
Any skills immigration programs listed here:
Thanks wicaact. Another thing, if BC PNP EE adds 600 points for PR application in IRCC, what does BC PNP SI do for any plans for PR application?

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
dryiceman said:
Thanks wicaact. Another thing, if BC PNP EE adds 600 points for PR application in IRCC, what does BC PNP SI do for any plans for PR application?
BC PNP EE - Give 600 points to your express entry profile, has higher requirements like working experience/language and job title.
BC PNP SI - Doesn't give you 600 points, instead it only allow you to file paper application, has less requirement than BC PNP EE(eg lower requirments on language, job title etc, also NOC C jobs cannot go through Express Entry, it must go with paper application)

BC PNP just gives you more options and flexibilities for you to choose based on your situations.

miladi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
wicaact said:
BC PNP EE - Give 600 points to your express entry profile, has higher requirements like working experience/language and job title.
BC PNP SI - Doesn't give you 600 points, instead it only allow you to file paper application, has less requirement than BC PNP EE(eg lower requirments on language, job title etc, also NOC C jobs cannot go through Express Entry, it must go with paper application)

BC PNP just gives you more options and flexibilities for you to choose based on your situations.
I graduated last year from a BC university (MSc Business Administration) and have been working for 8 months for a Health Authority in BC (Skill Level A, Permanent, Full time position). I also have IELTS 8.0. I was going to apply for SI International Graduate, but given this information I'm wondering if it makes more sense to wait a couple of more months to reach 1 year fulltime experience and apply for EE International Graduate instead. Right now the CIC website says the waiting time for none Express Entry applicants (Provincially Nominated) is 16 months, whereas EE ones it's only 6 months. Is it really accurate?

Any thoughts?

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
miladi said:
I graduated last year from a BC university (MSc Business Administration) and have been working for 8 months for a Health Authority in BC (Skill Level A, Permanent, Full time position). I also have IELTS 8.0. I was going to apply for SI International Graduate, but given this information I'm wondering if it makes more sense to wait a couple of more months to reach 1 year fulltime experience and apply for EE International Graduate instead. Right now the CIC website says the waiting time for none Express Entry applicants (Provincially Nominated) is 16 months, whereas EE ones it's only 6 months. Is it really accurate?

Any thoughts?
Correct, you can wait a little bit more to apply BC PNP EE to get faster processing(6 vs 16months)

miladi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
wicaact said:
Correct, you can wait a little bit more to apply BC PNP EE to get faster processing(6 vs 16months)
Wow! I just cannot believe there 1 year difference between the two streams. Do current applicants actually confirm these waiting times?

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
miladi said:
Wow! I just cannot believe there 1 year difference between the two streams. Do current applicants actually confirm these waiting times?
Regular PNP usually waits for 15-16 months, Express Entry is about 6-7 months.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
miladi said:
Do these wait times include the BC PNP application period as well?
No, just federal stage.