+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP 2016 applicants join here!!!!

miladi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
It is my understanding that EE International Graduate requires one year of full time work experience. My question is, does the work 1 year experience required for Express Entry part of the BC PNP EE International Graduate need to be within the same NOC group as your job offer? I've been working as an analyst for 7-8 (which is the job offer I'll be using for PNP), but before that I was working full time for about 4 months as well (account executive position). Could I combine them and apply for BC PNP EE International Graduate?

BTW, you guys are awesome. Thanks for all the help.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
miladi said:
It is my understanding that EE International Graduate requires one year of full time work experience. My question is, does the work 1 year experience required for Express Entry part of the BC PNP EE International Graduate need to be within the same NOC group as your job offer? I've been working as an analyst for 7-8 (which is the job offer I'll be using for PNP), but before that I was working full time for about 4 months as well (account executive position). Could I combine them and apply for BC PNP EE International Graduate?

BTW, you guys are awesome. Thanks for all the help.
If the work experience is gained in Canada, you can combine them, otherwise you can't.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
habhuba said:
Does any one know when will BC open nomination program again?
BC PNP is currently open

Chibuz

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
wicaact said:
Correct, you can wait a little bit more to apply BC PNP EE to get faster processing(6 vs 16months)

I wouldn't recommend you wait; they change the rules often and new ones will be rolled out this fall-so CIC said. You never know if the new rules will be in your favor.

Chibuz

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
wicaact said:
Correct, you can wait a little bit more to apply BC PNP EE to get faster processing(6 vs 16months)
Does SI international postgraduate also take up to 16months? :eek:

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Chibuz said:
I wouldn't recommend you wait; they change the rules often and new ones will be rolled out this fall-so CIC said. You never know if the new rules will be in your favor.
There won't be a big change for BC PNP, since new rules just implemented in Jan, and BC PNP is well managed on its inventory right now.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Chibuz said:
Does SI also take up to 16months? :eek:
At federal stage, SI international postgraduate will take 16 months to process.

Chibuz

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
wicaact said:
There won't be a big change for BC PNP, since new rules just implemented in Jan, and BC PNP is well managed on its inventory right now.
Really? Any idea then why the hype about the changes and ease of obtaining PR for international students?

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Chibuz said:
Really? Any idea then why the hype about the changes and ease of obtaining PR for international students?
BC PNP just implement new rules on Jan 27 2016:
https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/e8bc7a41-694b-4b0c-8c7e-cb5b411aaf8e/News-Release-New-BCPNP-System-Helps-Meet-BCs-Economic-Needs-Jan-2016.pdf.aspx
Right now BC PNP is well managed, most applications will be processed in 3 months.
International post-graduates will be processed in 14 days, as I have seen so many friends went through that.
Since there is no much backlog in BC PNP's inventory, and wait times are reasonable, in the near future, there is no reason to make big changes.

No idea about that, and the new changes may implement next year instead of 2016, don't put too much hope on that, since express entry is very competitive.

Chibuz

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
wicaact said:
BC PNP just implement new rules on Jan 27 2016:
https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/e8bc7a41-694b-4b0c-8c7e-cb5b411aaf8e/News-Release-New-BCPNP-System-Helps-Meet-BCs-Economic-Needs-Jan-2016.pdf.aspx
Right now BC PNP is well managed, most applications will be processed in 3 months.
International post-graduates will be processed in 14 days, as I have seen so many friends went through that.
Since there is no much backlog in BC PNP's inventory, and wait times are reasonable, in the near future, there is no reason to make big changes.

No idea about that, and the new changes may implement next year instead of 2016, don't put too much hope on that, since express entry is very competitive.

1. After applying for the SI in the international postgraduate category and get an ITA ( I'm assuming that's also issued in the SI category..I maybe wrong) what next?

2. What documents would one need to have and fill to enable me move to the next stage after I get an ITA? Could you provide a link?

3. Suppose after submission, one's score is less than the minimum; say less than 80, can the application be cancelled without any penalty and reapply at a latter time?

4. Is it strictly only the EEBC applicants after getting an ITA have the privilege of furthering their application online?

5. Do you know anyone who went through routes like SI international postgraduate (not EEBC) and successfully got his/her PR?

6. Since my postgraduate work permit is valid until Dec 2019, supposing I go with SI, I could wait the 16months out. However, what immediate gain is there if I go through EEBC and get it sooner?

Thanks for your answers so far..I really do appreciate :)

Rochellelee

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Hello all!

My situation is currently about BCPNP since I am in BC.

My work permit is going to expire in January, 2018, and I just applied BCPNP Entry Level and got selected. BCPNP Entry Level doesn't have Express Entry, which means if I am lucky enough to be selected as a Provincial Nominee, I still have to wait approximately 16 months at the Federal Level. And even being approved by the province, there's still a chance of getting a rejection from Federal.

So now I am wondering if I should stay wherever I am at right now, continue on applying the Entry Level, or switch to BCPNP International Graduate? Which one do you think that has a better chance?

Because I have to find a backup plan if I get rejected after 16 months or whatsoever. I am open to any advices to my situation. Thank you a lot in advance.

Chibuz

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
Rochellelee said:
Hello all!

My work permit is going to expire in January, 2018, and I just applied BCPNP Entry Level and got selected. BCPNP Entry Level doesn't have Express Entry, which means if I am lucky enough to be selected as a Provincial Nominee, I still have to wait approximately 16 months at the Federal Level. And even being approved by the province, there's still a chance of getting a rejection from Federal.

So now I am wondering if I should stay wherever I am at right now, continue on applying the Entry Level, or switch to BCPNP International Graduate? Which one do you think that has a better chance?

Because I have to find a backup plan if I get rejected after 16 months or whatsoever. I am open to any advices to my situation. Thank you a lot in advance.
why do you anticipate that after waiting 16months, you maybe denied? Do you know someone this happened too? If yes, there has to be a specific reason I hope for the rejection...what reason(s) were given?

Rochellelee

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Chibuz said:
why do you anticipate that after waiting 16months, you maybe denied? Do you know someone this happened too? If yes, there has to be a specific reason I hope for the rejection...what reason(s) were given?
I do not know anyone has been denied after 16 months or at the federal level. it's just i am not an optimist, sometime over negative, and always find myself a back up plan.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
If you have an express entry profile then apply for EEBC.
Rochellelee said:
Hello all!