+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

maham123

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
hello Captain Qorax!
i need your help again..i recently received my baby's medical request..but along with her they have asked for the following docments as well:

New application for permanent residence IMM0008 form for the principal applicant

New schedule A back ground/ Declaration for yourslef and each family member over the age of 18

New additional family information form IMM5406 for your self and each family member over the age of 18

And a form has been sent known as Immigration Summary Form

now the thing is that they didnt ask these documents when me and my husband sumitted our medicals almost 3 months back, now when we were expecting our daughter's MR only, these additonal info has been asked again although we summitted that in the beginning when we submitted our application in March 2011...now what do you think that is this an indication that our case is gonna take longer time then expected our it should be finalised bw 3-5 months..plz reply Thanx...!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
maham123 said:
hello Captain Qorax!
i need your help again..i recently received my baby's medical request..but along with her they have asked for the following docments as well:

New application for permanent residence IMM0008 form for the principal applicant

New schedule A back ground/ Declaration for yourslef and each family member over the age of 18

New additional family information form IMM5406 for your self and each family member over the age of 18

now the thing is that they didnt ask these documents when me and my husband sumitted our medicals almost 3 months back, now when we were expecting our daughter's MR only, these additonal info has been asked again although we summitted that in the beginning when we submitted our application in March 2011...now what do you think that is this an indication that our case is gonna take longer time then expected our it should be finalised bw 3-5 months..plz reply Thanx...!
Pls submit them asap & the baby's meds would reach u in 2-3 weeks.

(INDIAN)

Champion Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maham123 said:
hello Captain Qorax!

Aftab3165

Jul 29, 2011
Aftab3165 said:
Dear Qorax

We have received MR, PCC and RPRF request from VO-London. We are in Abu Dhabi, however my Son is in UT-Waterloo-Studding Engineering. I would request you to recommend Designated Medical officer for his medical check-up in waterloo/Kitchener Area or in Toronto.

Also, recently I received CAIP note, it was mention in reviewing visa officer note that. RCMP for him is required. However with MR & PCC request they have not mentioned to provide RCMP. Please note that with PR application we submitted his RCMP from Canada. My consultant is of opinion that his RCMP is not required. To avoid any delay in further processing, shall we submit his RCMP even though it is not asked by the Vo.

Thanks in advance and appreciate your early response

maham123

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
qorax said:
Pls submit them asap & the baby's meds would reach u in 2-3 weeks.
no we have already recived the baby's medical reqest along with the request of above mentioned documents, i am just asking you that the additional documents which have been asked with da medicals, are they an indication of further delay in process?

Nona007

Star Member
Feb 10, 2011
maham123 said:
no we have already recived the baby's medical reqest along with the request of above mentioned documents, i am just asking you that the additional documents which have been asked with da medicals, are they an indication of further delay in process?
I think it will not delay the process ..don't think too much ..just go for the Medical for the baby..
Regards
Nona

fsw1

Jul 3, 2011
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 24, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

We transferred your application to the London England office on July 30, 2010. The London England office may contact you. "

I am more concerned about the decesion made line in the detail.

cheer fsw1

Sharp2000

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010
IELTS Request
sent with complete documents
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
11/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
22/03/2012
Passport Req..
11/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting..........
Dear all

I ve put some of my quaries on this forum under Mr.Qorax topic. But i ve never recieved the answer to my question from our so called VIP member or captain qorax. Also, i believe replies and answers supplied by these VIPs are solely their personal opinions and guessings. It doesnt carry any authenticity and creats more confussions to applicants. So we most believe authentic sorces rather than speculation and bluffs. Wish you all the best. God bless all of us

kas83

Nov 26, 2011
Sharp2000 said:
Dear all

I ve put some of my quaries on this forum under Mr.Qorax topic. But i ve never recieved the answer to my question from our so called VIP member or captain qorax. Also, i believe replies and answers supplied by these VIPs are solely their personal opinions and guessings. It doesnt carry any authenticity and creats more confussions to applicants. So we most believe authentic sorces rather than speculation and bluffs. Wish you all the best. God bless all of us
do you think these guys get paid to do this. they are just making some time for the people like us, to help. if you dont like it then it's your problem and pls dont insult them. they just try to help.

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
File in Damascus May 13 2011
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
hey qorax

i have a question ...how long can the background check take for damascus spouse sponsorship? i am sponsoring my husband ...i wrote to u a few days ago about the e mail i got from embassy adv me it might take more then 13 months becaus they are doing further background verification....thefiles been in damascus since may 13 and it only said in process a few days ago "we started processing ur pr application on nov 29th "do u think it will go over 13 months ??? im freakin out

Nona007

Star Member
Feb 10, 2011
Sharp2000 said:
Dear all

Hi
If you are not getting the answers according to your taste ..then it is your problem...The advise is given for free and upon request you want to take it.. take it ..if you dont want dont take... Please don't post like this....let other hundreds of other members get benefited...if you want authentic information better join CIC.(that would only be the authentic source..though I dont agree on that)
Believe me GOD never BLESS thankless people...
Good luck and All the best ...search your answers elsewhere...
Nona

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
maham123 said:
This isn't abnormal, happens all the time...
With the new addition of family member - we r supposed to send that IMM008, however for system integrity reasons the VO could ask u to submit all, or some of, the apps forms once again. Especially now that the 008 is digitalized - it needs a re-feed with every change of info. Thus, your IO asked u for those again.

Pls submit them asap... and within a few weeks u could hear from them.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Aftab3165 said:
Dear Qorax

We have received MR, PCC and RPRF request from VO-London. We are in Abu Dhabi, however my Son is in UT-Waterloo-Studding Engineering. [1]I would request you to recommend Designated Medical officer for his medical check-up in waterloo/Kitchener Area or in Toronto.

Also, recently I received CAIP note, it was mention in reviewing visa officer note that. [2]RCMP for him is required. However with MR & PCC request they have not mentioned to provide RCMP. Please note that with PR application we submitted his RCMP from Canada. My consultant is of opinion that his RCMP is not required. To avoid any delay in further processing, shall we submit his RCMP even though it is not asked by the Vo.

Thanks in advance and appreciate your early response
1. Nearby DMPs to Waterloo:
Pls read here... there r 2 in Kitchner. However, if he chooses he could visit a lit'le farther ones@Oakville, Mississauga &/or Windsor too.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2042&ProvID=15205&ProvinceName=Ontario&CountryName=Canada

2. Sometimes if the PCCs r older than 1yr [as being submitted during initial apps] could be asked again. Yes, u should send the fresh RCMP report once again.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
fsw1 said:
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 24, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

We transferred your application to the London England office on July 30, 2010. The London England office may contact you. "

I am more concerned about the decesion made line in the detail.

cheer fsw1
Replied to u elsewhere...