+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby in Canada on TRP - now what is the next step to get PR?

ubaidsid

Apr 25, 2011
Hi,

I am having the same issue my baby is on TRP with me at Canada. I want to process her application for PR. What will be the best way for sponsoring her. May i go for H&C inland. what will be the forms required to do so.
I cant apply outland as i have only one year on PR cards and dont want to travel out before renewing my cards.

Please do let me know if some one faces the same issue in this forum.

ubaidsid

Apr 25, 2011
ubaidsid said:
Hi,

I am having the same issue my baby is on TRP with me at Canada. I want to process her application for PR. What will be the best way for sponsoring her. May i go for H&C inland. what will be the forms required to do so.
I cant apply outland as i have only one year on PR cards and dont want to travel out before renewing my cards.

Please do let me know if some one faces the same issue in this forum.

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
The following is the update on my child's case on H&C grounds:

We received your application for permanent residence on October 15, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 30, 2010.

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on January 16, 2011. The local CIC office may contact you.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted. (June 24th 2011)

I have finally received the letter from the Vancouver office saying that Permanent Residence application on H&C grounds has been approved. We have now gotten my daughter's OHIP renewed on the basis of this letter. It took over 7 months to get processed and received Stage 1 approval.

The next step is background and security checks. I have been told by my local MP's office that since my child is a minor this process should not take too long and should be completed by September. I hope this is the case.

If anyone has any questions feel free to send me a PM.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
I will never understand, in this case or in the one I also read with "Martha", why a baby would be admitted to Canada on a TRP instead of a TRV EXCEPT that maybe it was because the parents were PRs and managed to get a non-visa-exempt child to the Canadian border without him/her having gotten a TRV to travel? Other than that, it makes no sense to me and never did.

rjessome (who, btw, is a certified immigration consultant) - any research available to straighten this out? Obviously even those working for CIC - much less us - are confused on this issue.

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
I have no idea why the process was the way it was. I followed the exact process described on a forum and things basically happened exactly the way they were described. FYI this was the initial email that started the process and it was sent by CIC Abu Dhabi in response to our email letting them know that we are heading back to Canada.

Dear Applicant,

Based on the information you provided, you are a Permanent Resident (PR) who is currently residing outside of Canada and that you have a child[-ren] born outside Canada after you obtained your PR status.

Please note that a PR who does not live in Canada is not eligible to sponsor close family members for permanent residence from outside of Canada.

If your child is going to Canada for tourism or visiting purposes, you should submit an application for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) for the child.

If your family intends to return to Canada with your non-PR child to live permanently, you still must submit a TRV application for the child for initial review by a Visa Officer. If the Visa Officer is satisfied that you (yourself, your spouse and other PR child[-ren] – if applicable) meet the residency requirements and that your entire family is relocating to Canada to live permanently, your child will be granted a permit valid for a single journey to facilitate his/her entry to Canada . This process enables you to initiate a sponsorship application for your child from within Canada. Please note that this permit is not an immigrant visa and it does not give your child a PR status upon arrival in Canada. Further details of this permit will be provided once the TRV application has been assessed by a Visa Officer.

You must note that if you are traveling with your non-PR child to live permanently, he/she will be required to undergo a medical examination in one of our designated medical doctors in the Gulf before a permit is issued. This could add a minimum of 4 weeks to the processing time of the application. Please take note of this information when applying for a TRV.

You will also be required pay applicable fees and submit additional documents to support and demonstrate your relocation to Canada. As an example, both parents may be asked, among other things, to provide a copy of their resignation letters with a proof that the resignation has been accepted by their employers, if employed, and proof of cancellation of your entire family's Gulf residence visas.

This procedure applies only if the whole family (you, your spouse, and all your dependent children) intend to return to live in Canada permanently.

Do NOT undertake these procedures (resignation from employment, cancellation of Gulf residency) until we are ready to finalize your child’s the application. The application will be finalized after 4 weeks at the very least. We cannot guarantee the issuance of a permit if the application was not submitted in a timely manner.

We will NOT issue a permit for the child if one or more family members do not meet the permanent residency obligations.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section / 71

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
I also want to add to the above post that CIC had informed us that once we apply fro the TRV it will get rejected as the person applying has a high likelihood of staying back in Canada. They would then initiate the TRP (or Ministers Permit) procedure by sending us the form to fill in for it. I would assume that the case was as such because they wanted to discourage Permanent Residents from having babies outside of Canada.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
tstarks said:
I have no idea why the process was the way it was. I followed the exact process described on a forum and things basically happened exactly the way they were described. FYI this was the initial email that started the process and it was sent by CIC Abu Dhabi in response to our email letting them know that we are heading back to Canada.

Dear Applicant,

Based on the information you provided, you are a Permanent Resident (PR) who is currently residing outside of Canada and that you have a child[-ren] born outside Canada after you obtained your PR status.

Please note that a PR who does not live in Canada is not eligible to sponsor close family members for permanent residence from outside of Canada.

If your child is going to Canada for tourism or visiting purposes, you should submit an application for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) for the child.

If your family intends to return to Canada with your non-PR child to live permanently, you still must submit a TRV application for the child for initial review by a Visa Officer. If the Visa Officer is satisfied that you (yourself, your spouse and other PR child[-ren] – if applicable) meet the residency requirements and that your entire family is relocating to Canada to live permanently, your child will be granted a permit valid for a single journey to facilitate his/her entry to Canada . This process enables you to initiate a sponsorship application for your child from within Canada. Please note that this permit is not an immigrant visa and it does not give your child a PR status upon arrival in Canada. Further details of this permit will be provided once the TRV application has been assessed by a Visa Officer.

You must note that if you are traveling with your non-PR child to live permanently, he/she will be required to undergo a medical examination in one of our designated medical doctors in the Gulf before a permit is issued. This could add a minimum of 4 weeks to the processing time of the application. Please take note of this information when applying for a TRV.

You will also be required pay applicable fees and submit additional documents to support and demonstrate your relocation to Canada. As an example, both parents may be asked, among other things, to provide a copy of their resignation letters with a proof that the resignation has been accepted by their employers, if employed, and proof of cancellation of your entire family's Gulf residence visas.

This procedure applies only if the whole family (you, your spouse, and all your dependent children) intend to return to live in Canada permanently.

Do NOT undertake these procedures (resignation from employment, cancellation of Gulf residency) until we are ready to finalize your child's the application. The application will be finalized after 4 weeks at the very least. We cannot guarantee the issuance of a permit if the application was not submitted in a timely manner.

We will NOT issue a permit for the child if one or more family members do not meet the permanent residency obligations.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section / 71
Hi,
I am permanant resident, landed in 2009. Then I came back home and my son was born in 2010. NOw I decided to permanantly move to Canada. As my son is not PR, I would like to take him with me and process the PR application. Could you please advise me how should I start with the application? Should I write a forwarding letter stating the condition of mine?
I sent email to the Bangladesh visa office but till now no reply. It seems getting a TRP is almost impossible. PLease advice me.

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
Amy612 said:
Hi,
I am permanant resident, landed in 2009. Then I came back home and my son was born in 2010. NOw I decided to permanantly move to Canada. As my son is not PR, I would like to take him with me and process the PR application. Could you please advise me how should I start with the application? Should I write a forwarding letter stating the condition of mine?
I sent email to the Bangladesh visa office but till now no reply. It seems getting a TRP is almost impossible. PLease advice me.
Amy, hang in there. If you haven't received a reply to your email can you call them? Is there a possibility to visit in person and speak to someone there? In our case we thankfully did have someone reply to the email as I posted. You could try and follow the instructions which are outlined in the email and attach a covering letter which explains your case in detail with your child's application.

sabuj

Oct 11, 2006
This is a really confusing issue and I do not know the reason why CIC is not making it clear; CIC call centre gives different opinion on different dates.

I need advice of the forum particularly of tstarks.

My wife and I are PR and our child is under TRP; he is 4 years 4 months old. I sent my sponsorship application to CPC - Vegreville (In Canada application for PR Status along with sponsorship application) and they forwarded the application to Vancouver to process under H&C; I did not apply under H&C. The application is in process now.

I am not in agreement with it because I know that if the application under H&C is rejected, no appeal is acceptable (though possibilities of rejection in such case are almost zero). Moreover, CIC call centre has mentioned to me that the application to sponsor child is always processed in CPC-M, does not matter whether the child is inside Canada or outside. They also added that I can select Buffalo processing centre. If it is so, I am not sure why (1) the file has been sent to Vancouver by CPC-V, not to CPC-V, (2) if CPC-M processes such application, why should I apply under H&C; H&C should be the last recourse.

I am confused. If I withdraw the application being processed under H&C (though I did not apply under H&C) and re-apply to CPC-V, will that be the right decision? If CPC-M send the file to CPC-V and they eventually send it to Vancouver again - then it is going back to square one; wasting some time and money.

Shall I wait fo Vancouver to process? In tstarks's case, it took 8 months I think to get approved; does it take so short time?

Thanks for advice.

Will tstarks send me a personal email?

sabuj

Oct 11, 2006
Correction.. CPC -V and CPC - M...

I do not know why CPC - Vegreville sent the file to Vancouver, not to CPC - Mississauga. If I withdraw the application being processed and re-apply to CPC - Mississauga, will they send to CPC - Vegreville and they will send to Vancouver?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sabuj said:
Correction.. CPC -V and CPC - M...

I do not know why CPC - Vegreville sent the file to Vancouver, not to CPC - Mississauga. If I withdraw the application being processed and re-apply to CPC - Mississauga, will they send to CPC - Vegreville and they will send to Vancouver?

1. Because there is no "in land" sponsorship for children in Canada, only H.& C.
2. As the child was probably admitted on the TRP for a year, you should have submitted the sponsorship and the application to Mississauga and selected Buffalo as the processing office. The child would have had it's PR in about 6 months.

sabuj

Oct 11, 2006
Thanks for quick response. Shall I withdraw the application in process under H&C and re-apply to CPC-M selecting Buffelo or it will be wise to continue with H&C? Processing under H&C started in March, 2012.

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
tstarks said:
The following is the update on my child's case on H&C grounds:

We received your application for permanent residence on October 15, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 30, 2010.

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on January 16, 2011. The local CIC office may contact you.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted. (June 24th 2011)

I have finally received the letter from the Vancouver office saying that Permanent Residence application on H&C grounds has been approved. We have now gotten my daughter's OHIP renewed on the basis of this letter. It took over 7 months to get processed and received Stage 1 approval.

The next step is background and security checks. I have been told by my local MP's office that since my child is a minor this process should not take too long and should be completed by September. I hope this is the case.

If anyone has any questions feel free to send me a PM.
Please would you let us konw how you apply for H&C within Canada. This is what I should have done for my family instaed of inland PR since they are in canada on TRV for 3 years and got extended for another 1 year.

I will be happy if you let us know the details.

Thanks .

gaizin

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Tokyo
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-9-2009
AOR Received.
04-12-2009
File Transfer...
26-03-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2010
Hi there,
I am in exactly in the same situation.
I am a landed immigrant and came back to Japan after spending a month in Ontario.
We are expecting a baby in June and will move back to Canada permanently on July.
IN this case, which option should be the best for my baby to obtain a PR in shortest time?
As my baby will have a Japanese papport, should we make TRV or TRP?

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Gaizin