Med's Done....
Upfront, second medicals 11-08-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
31-08-2016
Violet11 said:
Hi
Maybe you case is a bit different because your husband has an exclusion order and you may not need the ARC.
My husband had a departure order that turned into deportation when he did not leave Canada within the 30 days after receiving the negative decision from his refugee claim. He submitted the Arc statement and payment in April last year, since then his application has been waiting to be reviewed.
Since he sent the ARC I have emailed the VO 5 times and the response I get is always the same:
"Please note that the review of your husband’s application is still ongoing and we are unable to provide you with a time frame as to when a decision can be expected. We will inform you on further processing steps in due course"

My MP was able to inquire about the application and he gave me more specific information regarding the file but all that information you can find it in the CGMS notes. I would suggest that you order them, there is a thread in the forum that explains how to do it and how to read them. It takes 30 days to get them but it is worth it.

My MP explained to me that once they start working on the Arc application the VO has 30 business days to make a decision, the key there is WHEN they start working on the application. For the last 11 1/2 months my husband's application has been in queau waiting to be reviewed by the Immigration Program Manager. My MP told me at the end of last year that my husband's ARC application was opened in July 2015 (3 months after the VO received all the information) and it was coming up for review in January of this year. Unfortunately the VO pushed the application forward for 2 months as I mentioned in another post they can continue to do the same because ARC do not have specific processing times. I do not think they started reviewing it now in March because when I emailed the VO this month I received the standard response. But if I had known all this information in the summer of last year I would have traveled to be with my husband but I was hopeful that his application would have a decision by the summer of last year so I did not travel. Now in March I ordered the CGMS notes and I plan to do it every three months, at least I have more information and I know the next date the appl comes up for review.
I hope this information helps
My husband's exclusion order expired on March 19 and they requested an ARC exactly 2 months before it was about to expire, they requested it January 19. Our lawyer said it was clever of them so that they can get the money because they didn't have to request it, since they did we had to do it. They received it in VO Feb 22. We do know that exclusion is somewhat "easier" than deportation order but we are concerned it's going to take long. I plan to visit him soon again but because of this ARC and that we have no idea when it will go through we keep saying just wait a little bit more and then before you know it weeks and a month passes. Our whole process since beginning has been smooth with no interview request either and we constantly send them updates of photos from my visits and our daily communication. Thanks for your information,
Did shed some light for us!

am12345

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hi members, just to update u all I have just received today re-medical request again, so this is my third medical (included upfront-2013) and second re-medical (1st re-medical done on 19 Jan-2015). I don’t know if it is positive sign or indication of getting closer to approval of both ARC & PR applications, well God knows!

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
am12345 said:
Hi members, just to update u all I have just received today re-medical request again, so this is my third medical (included upfront-2013) and second re-medical (1st re-medical done on 19 Jan-2015). I don’t know if it is positive sign or indication of getting closer to approval of both ARC & PR applications, well God knows!
Yea you should be close to the end now. Once you redo your medical it should hopefully be PPR next.

I have not heard back anything as yet either and it has been 3 weeks since I sent in my ARC documents.

Violet11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Doc's Request.
ARC submitted April 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
March 2015
I also think is very good news. Your ARC has probably been approved but they cant issue a COPR when the medicals have expired. The expiry date of the medicals is tied to the expiry date of the COPR. You are almost done,
Keep us posted

am12345

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hi members,
Anyone can help me i been trying to call for re-medical at call center(Islamabad) 051111466476 even though i have to do medical in Karachi since yesterday and its been showing error connection and landline says line are busy and after sometime line disconnected. What to do someone can let me know other no. this one is not working help plz!

jimmy64

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
Doc's Request.
01-01-2014 (DNA TEST)
Med's Request
Nov 4-2015 (REASSESSMENT)
Med's Done....
Nov 10-2015
Interview........
Jul 13 2015 (REQUESTED PAYMENT OF ARC & LANDING
Passport Req..
Feb 10 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2016
LANDED..........
June 16,2016
am12345 said:
Hi members,
Anyone can help me i been trying to call for re-medical at call center(Islamabad) 051111466476 even though i have to do medical in Karachi since yesterday and its been showing error connection and landline says line are busy and after sometime line disconnected. What to do someone can let me know other no. this one is not working help plz!
Best time to call IOM 8 to 9 also you go to website and book your online appointment .

Bunny2021

Apr 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/04/2015
Doc's Request.
30/07/2015, PCC 07/01/2016, ARC 05/04/2016
File Transfer...
+SA 09/10/2015
Med's Request
30/07/2015
Med's Done....
09/09/2015 Ecas meds recvd 30/12/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
copr August 24, 2016
LANDED..........
September 3rd 2016
Hello everybody! I have been following this forum for quite some time but this is the first time im posting anything. I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my husband from Hungary and our VO is vienna. I am 21 and my husband is 20. we are currently living in the UK together with his family. He moved to Canada when he was 16 with his parents as a refugee claimant. His family was denied refugee status and had a removal order and left Canada on the agreed date in June of 2014. We had a very smooth application process, no interview, no extra documents request besides the standard documents.

We got a letter from our VO that our application is reaching the final stages of processing and he needs ARC in order to return to Canada. It says we could provide additional information for the officer to consider when deciding whether or not to approve the application. They didn't say we had to but the option was there, they just requested the fees. I was looking around and on the CIC website it says we could write a letter so I did.

The problem is that his family doesnt know the exact reasons why his application was refused. His lawyer (who is also under review for misrepresentation of his Hungarian refugee clients, but that's another topic on its own) told them "you have been denied, you must go back to Hungary" my husbands reading skills we're very poor at the time so he couldn't read the decision letter and since then they have lost it. I thought my husband was excluded for 1 year which would have passed last June, on the CIC website it says if you are suspected of misrepresentation then you will be excluded for 2 years. If his family was denied for suspected misrepresentation then that means his exclusion order ends in 2 months. I know CIC sometimes requests ARC when the ban is almost over to get the money...

So my questions are in the letter, instead of addressing the reasons WHY he was refused could we just address the argument that he was a dependant at the time of the court hearing and because his parents were denied refugee status so was he by default. he was 18 and we were together for almost 2 years at this time but we weren't married at the time just engaged. He was unemployed and still living with his parents, so he was still a dependant.

My other question is, in the email it said to pay online and send the receipt to the VO but it didn't say where to send the extra documents, do we send it to Vienna along with the receipt?

Also is a 2 page letter too long? We addresses the concerns that he was a dependant in Canada, the government payed for his removal so we explained why he couldn't pay for it at the time, what would be the difference if he came back to Canada since last time and why it would not be the same situation, and why we want to move to Canada. It doesn't matter how I try to edit to make it shorter it has to be 2 pages to explain everything and get our point across. But I'm worried it might be too much.

If anybody has any advice I would really appreciate it, this forum has helped us so much through our process, we're almost at the end and I'm very worried the arc won't get approved for some reason :(

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dama2015 said:
Yes i was asked for IRB descision mid february, we sent them after 2 weeks or so and we were asked for ARC!

Good Luck as well!
Hello dama2015 ,

since you receive and submitted the IRB decisions maybe you can help me understand the document I received from IRB .
From what I have been reading , CIC asked for IRB decision , I ordered the file from IRB and they sent me a CD with 150 pages !!!
Is that what you sent to immigration or just some files ? or did I get the wrong document ?

Thank you

am12345

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hi Jimmy64, plz can u let me know the web addressee or guide me where I can book for medical appointment online.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Bunny2021 said:
Hello everybody! I have been following this forum for quite some time but this is the first time im posting anything. I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my husband from Hungary and our VO is vienna. I am 21 and my husband is 20. we are currently living in the UK together with his family. He moved to Canada when he was 16 with his parents as a refugee claimant. His family was denied refugee status and had a removal order and left Canada on the agreed date in June of 2014. We had a very smooth application process, no interview, no extra documents request besides the standard documents.

We got a letter from our VO that our application is reaching the final stages of processing and he needs ARC in order to return to Canada. It says we could provide additional information for the officer to consider when deciding whether or not to approve the application. They didn't say we had to but the option was there, they just requested the fees. I was looking around and on the CIC website it says we could write a letter so I did.

The problem is that his family doesnt know the exact reasons why his application was refused. His lawyer (who is also under review for misrepresentation of his Hungarian refugee clients, but that's another topic on its own) told them "you have been denied, you must go back to Hungary" my husbands reading skills we're very poor at the time so he couldn't read the decision letter and since then they have lost it. I thought my husband was excluded for 1 year which would have passed last June, on the CIC website it says if you are suspected of misrepresentation then you will be excluded for 2 years. If his family was denied for suspected misrepresentation then that means his exclusion order ends in 2 months. I know CIC sometimes requests ARC when the ban is almost over to get the money...

So my questions are in the letter, instead of addressing the reasons WHY he was refused could we just address the argument that he was a dependant at the time of the court hearing and because his parents were denied refugee status so was he by default. he was 18 and we were together for almost 2 years at this time but we weren't married at the time just engaged. He was unemployed and still living with his parents, so he was still a dependant.

My other question is, in the email it said to pay online and send the receipt to the VO but it didn't say where to send the extra documents, do we send it to Vienna along with the receipt?

Also is a 2 page letter too long? We addresses the concerns that he was a dependant in Canada, the government payed for his removal so we explained why he couldn't pay for it at the time, what would be the difference if he came back to Canada since last time and why it would not be the same situation, and why we want to move to Canada. It doesn't matter how I try to edit to make it shorter it has to be 2 pages to explain everything and get our point across. But I'm worried it might be too much.

If anybody has any advice I would really appreciate it, this forum has helped us so much through our process, we're almost at the end and I'm very worried the arc won't get approved for some reason :(
I know it is not a good feelings when you don't know whether you will be approved or not. But all we can do is hope for the best.

I think 2 pages should be sufficient. Just put that at the time he was a minor and how he attended all his appointment/hearing and comply with the law and did everything accordingly.

jimmy64

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
Doc's Request.
01-01-2014 (DNA TEST)
Med's Request
Nov 4-2015 (REASSESSMENT)
Med's Done....
Nov 10-2015
Interview........
Jul 13 2015 (REQUESTED PAYMENT OF ARC & LANDING
Passport Req..
Feb 10 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2016
LANDED..........
June 16,2016
am12345 said:
Hi Jimmy64, plz can u let me know the web addressee or guide me where I can book for medical appointment online.
When you call IOM recording will come for online appointment.

Bunny2021

Apr 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/04/2015
Doc's Request.
30/07/2015, PCC 07/01/2016, ARC 05/04/2016
File Transfer...
+SA 09/10/2015
Med's Request
30/07/2015
Med's Done....
09/09/2015 Ecas meds recvd 30/12/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
copr August 24, 2016
LANDED..........
September 3rd 2016
WaitingSince2012 said:
I know it is not a good feelings when you don't know whether you will be approved or not. But all we can do is hope for the best.

I think 2 pages should be sufficient. Just put that at the time he was a minor and how he attended all his appointment/hearing and comply with the law and did everything accordingly.
Thank you WaitingSince2012 ! I will be sending off the letter and fees hopefully today :) should we just send it to the VO with the receipt? They didn't say where to send the extra documents they just said to pay online and send the receipt to them ???

Violet11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Doc's Request.
ARC submitted April 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
March 2015
WaitingSince2012 said:

Hi
One or two pages is okay keep it short but address all the issues. You don't have to go into detail about the claim you are making a statement about the reasons why you should be granted authorization to return to canada and stress the fact that he was a minor. Check the operational manual the link is in this thread.
The payment can be made at a bank and you email Vienna a scan of the draft payment along with the statement. That's how my husband did it and there was no problem, we email them later and the VO confirmed that everything was received

Regarding the refugee claim documents:
The Immigration and Refugee Board keeps all the documents in all past claims so if he needs to submit it he can request it from the IRB. If he is not in Canada he needs to give authorization to someone in Canada to get them, this may take a month or two, I'm not sure.
In the meantime he can send the payment and statement of Arc and send other docs later

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Bunny2021 said:
Thank you WaitingSince2012 ! I will be sending off the letter and fees hopefully today :) should we just send it to the VO with the receipt? They didn't say where to send the extra documents they just said to pay online and send the receipt to them ???
I am not sure where you have to send your documents, it will depends on which Visa Office asked for it.

I sent my payment receipt and ARC documents to Ottawa as they were the one who asked for it.

braveheart09

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/16/2015
AOR Received.
7/17/2015
File Transfer...
8/24/2015
Med's Done....
5/10/2015
Interview........
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked 25-05-2016
Bunny2021 said:
I paid online and my letter was just one page . I also send case specific enquiry with scanned docs also I added certificate of departure but they didnt ask for it . I sent it on march 10 still no aswer , Hopefully this week I will hear back from them every beginning of the week we think that way :) and good luck everyone being patient is the key deal with cic lol