+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australia or Canada?

Mar 20, 2015
Pandabear said:
I've lived in Australia - Sydney for 6 year and from my experience they are very racist and if ur brown skin forget to get a job unless u do some degree or get some good reference, they prefer to take white skinned asian even if they can't speak english but brown big NO NO.

IT Jobs are different but still the normal people are not welcoming and can get very tough to survive as they are very good in taunting and pointing fingers and making jokes ... its crazy out there from the outside everything looks good and nice but once u land it takes some time to sink in the reality of life and their way of living

my score is 456 and hopefully will get ITA in the next round, hope Canadians are not like that am not worried about jobs but accepting part from the community.
If this is the case then there should also be skin color assessment before inviting someone to lodge visa. ;D

Mar 20, 2015
I consider it easier as compared to Canada, if you are at or above cut off then you can assure yourself visa...

So based on this discussion, I am thinking to withdraw my profile from EE so that one invitation(whenever it comes) don't get wasted...

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
What are rules in regards to maintain your PR.
I know in Canada, you have to live 2 of 5 years to maintain your status as PR or it expires.
What's with AUS?

THE SUPER KING

Oct 5, 2012
HYDERABAD INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovecanada1988 said:
This is for people who have applied for both Canada and Australia for immigration.

What should be the priority order for these countries for immigration point of view?

I am stuck at somewhat unique position. I personally prefer Canada but I've got invitation from Australia today to lodge Visa application. For Australian PR, I also need to spend around $3500.

Coming to Canada immigration, My points in EE is just 381, so that's why I am confused about what to do now. Should I wait for Canada or go ahead with what I have in hand? your valuable suggestions are welcome.
:-X
To be frank Australia is always good compare to Canada.

Jan 14, 2015
doobie.doobie said:
What are rules in regards to maintain your PR.
I know in Canada, you have to live 2 of 5 years to maintain your status as PR or it expires.
What's with AUS?
for Oz, you need to stay atleast 2 years to get a Resident return visa within 5 years or atleast 4 years to get Citizenship within 5 years...

Mar 20, 2015
toronto_dreams said:
got my australian PR today
Congrats buddy, I think Toronto would just b in dreams (as ur name suggest) for all folks around 400 points considering the latest developments in CIC draws...

Canadiense85

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
Pandabear said:
I've lived in Australia - Sydney for 6 year and from my experience they are very racist and ... etc
Sorry but had to ask, why you didn't apply for citizenship since you have stayed there for 6 years!

I'm sure you have a valid reason.

Canadiense85

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
I will give more time for Express Entry, maximum until the end of this year, afterwards I will start at the point where I have stopped in the immigration process to Australia :)

Pandabear

Apr 5, 2015
Canadiense85 said:
Sorry but had to ask, why you didn't apply for citizenship since you have stayed there for 6 years!

I'm sure you have a valid reason.
I went for my MBA and at that time it was included in skills list 120 point system and later it was removed with 60points and had to wait 2yrs to get my TR approved and then Vetassess changed rules and DIAC changed rules and so did State Sponsorship over 5years.

If i had to get PR had to get a job in that state live and work there for atleast 6months and even then it was not a guarantee it will be approved. Had to get a job as HR Executive role with MBA where they would accept someone with a diploma or Cert IV degree - thats Aussie working style.

RULES KEEP CHANGING EVERY 6MONTHS

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been invited to apply for Australia 189 Subclass but I am also in the EE pool with an PT interest from OINP, waiting to get a nomination from Ontario. I have 60 days to accept the invitation from Australia or forfeit the slot and I hear it currently takes over 100days to AOR from OINP and about another 90days to get a nomination. I really don't know what to do at the stage. I feel I shouldn't loose Australia that I already have an ITA because of Canada that is still not very certain at this stage. I have included 1,500CAD application fee for OINP and the visa fees for Australia is about 7,500AUD. Trust me, I have spent all of money to get to these stages in both process. I fear that I may get Canada after paying the 7,500AUD fee to Australia; even though I would normally prefer Canada, I am still not sure at this stage how the whole process would go. Does anyone have any advise?

colasa17

Mar 27, 2014
I am in the same situation , acquired PR for both Australia and Canada last year. Currently on a work permit in Netherlands eligible to apply for dutch citizenship in 3 years. Not sure what to do , start over in a new country with all the risks or stay in my job and wait for EU citizenship. Confused !

prcand

Oct 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stay in Netherlands. EU passport has more mobility

colasa17 said:
I am in the same situation , acquired PR for both Australia and Canada last year. Currently on a work permit in Netherlands eligible to apply for dutch citizenship in 3 years. Not sure what to do , start over in a new country with all the risks or stay in my job and wait for EU citizenship. Confused !

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Australian visa process - is way more transparent and visa refusals are almost non-existent.

Salaries are also good in AU.
;D