+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australia or Canada?

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PseudoNamePK said:
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Just to clarify I have not yet applied for Australian immigration. I just calculated my points for Australia and I have more than 60 points which is enough for subclass 190 but I'll need a nomination from the state of South Australia because my NOC is not on the national SOL list, it is only on the South Australia list CSOL. Based on the websites of Australian immigration websites, if i got nominated, I would have to report my address every month during the first 2 years to verify that I was in South Australia. I'm sure there are illegal ways to get around that restriction but I don't really want to start a new life trying to circumvent the law. Also, all the visa fees in Australia are charged up front regardless of the outcome so I could be paying ~A$5000 and not really knowing whether I'll get it or not.

As far as Canada is concerned, my points will remain at 454 until my birthday in Feb 2017 so I can wait. Let us see how the next few months go. If I notice that the CRS does not fall below 460 by June, then I'll jump at OINP if I get it.
Good decision!

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
I have lived in Australia.

It is way more expensive than Canada. Australia is a beautiful country with beautiful but bit reserved people when it comes adjusting to other cultures. I do not know about Australian economy but it all varies depending on your profession. Even getting a survival job is not easy there unless you happen to know someone.

Canada is very welcoming and helpful to newcomers. It has pretty good programs that assist newcomers get jobs(at least survival) and integrate with the society. And most importantly it is very diverse. And if you are a food lover then Toronto is the place to be.

The only thing you will despise about Canada are the high car insurance rates. But if you are smart enough you might even get around with it.

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Summerr said:
I have lived in Australia.

It is way more expensive than Canada. Australia is a beautiful country with beautiful but bit reserved people when it comes adjusting to other cultures. I do not know about Australian economy but it all varies depending on your profession. Even getting a survival job is not easy there unless you happen to know someone.

Canada is very welcoming and helpful to newcomers. It has pretty good programs that assist newcomers get jobs(at least survival) and integrate with the society. And most importantly it is very diverse. And if you are a food lover then Toronto is the place to be.

The only thing you will despise about Canada are the high car insurance rates. But if you are smart enough you might even get around with it.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Maybe what I can do is to wait for another 30-45 days and see how OINP AOR and Nomination goes before putting in my application in Australia since I still have 60 days to decide. I reckon that if Canada and Australia pulls through, I would still opt for Canada anyways (at least, from the general notion).