Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
prcand said:
Stay in Netherlands. EU passport has more mobility
More mobility than what?

Yes, you can work in EU countries, but who da hell really want to be in EU if you have Canada or AU?

prcand

Oct 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It all boils down to personal preference, hence my 2 cents.

I recently have been granted Australia PR, just a week ago and it took me less than 2 months end to end (yes CIC, I'm looking at you). And to answer your question who wants to work there, I would. EU is very hard to penetrate as economic migrant if you're not from EU countries. And if the poster is highly skilled, he can scoot anywhere there (Scandinavia, Germany, etc) once he has that Dutch passport.

Why am I saying this, I've been physically in and out of EU (around 20 countries) for the past 3 years, and companies usually called me back (my full name can be mistaken for a European), but unfortunately for me I don't carry EU passport.

andy108 said:
More mobility than what?

Yes, you can work in EU countries, but who da hell really want to be in EU if you have Canada or AU?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
prcand said:
It all boils down to personal preference, hence my 2 cents.

I recently have been granted Australia PR, just a week ago and it took me less than 2 months end to end (yes CIC, I'm looking at you). And to answer your question who wants to work there, I would. EU is very hard to penetrate as economic migrant if you're not from EU countries. And if the poster is highly skilled, he can scoot anywhere there (Scandinavia, Germany, etc) once he has that Dutch passport.

Why am I saying this, I've been physically in and out of EU (around 20 countries) for the past 3 years, and companies usually called me back (my full name can be mistaken for a European), but unfortunately for me I don't carry EU passport.
I know you from pinoyau.info forum :) hehe

I am from EU too, have no problems with EU passport etc, but as you said its personall like/dislike - I would not like to stay in ANY of the EU countries (many reasons, financial, housing, employment prospects).

You have said you've been in/out of EU - have you stayed there permanently? cuz visitng is one thing/living totally different.

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andy108 said:
I know you from pinoyau.info forum :) hehe

I am from EU too, have no problems with EU passport etc, but as you said its personall like/dislike - I would not like to stay in ANY of the EU countries (many reasons, financial, housing, employment prospects).

You have said you've been in/out of EU - have you stayed there permanently? cuz visitng is one thing/living totally different.
I quite agree with you cos I lived in England though for only 2 years after my masters degree but my experience wasn't exactly good. The job situation was really bad!

PseudoNamePK

Feb 23, 2016
I don't know about EU.

However, given the recent rise in CRS points to 470+ I started looking at Australia (My CRS points 454).

I know cost should not be the only factor in migration but for me, the cost of immigration to Australia is 3x the cost of going to Canada. Even if I paid $1400 for Oinp, the cost of Australia would still be 2x more. Not to mention the Proof of Funds required by Australia is nearly double the amount needed by Canada.

One last thing with regards to Australia. My NOC is not on their national SOL list so I would need to get nominated by a remote Australian state and then I would HAVE to live in that remote region for 2 years.

So I guess I will just have to wait for the Canadian CRS to fall to 454. Or jump on OINP if they restart that.

prcand

Oct 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's no proof of funds requirement in Australia. I was also surprised at the cost of application at first, then I realized, others are paying 500K to have PR (via investment steam), so might as well.

As for the skill set, that's the thing. if your skill set is the "in thing" for the meantime, you may have higher chances of call back from companies whether it's Canada or Australia (or even EU) as long as you have the legal (esp, permanent) status to work.

PseudoNamePK said:
I don't know about EU.

However, given the recent rise in CRS points to 470+ I started looking at Australia (My CRS points 454).

I know cost should not be the only factor in migration but for me, the cost of immigration to Australia is 3x the cost of going to Canada. Even if I paid $1400 for Oinp, the cost of Australia would still be 2x more. Not to mention the Proof of Funds required by Australia is nearly double the amount needed by Canada.

One last thing with regards to Australia. My NOC is not on their national SOL list so I would need to get nominated by a remote Australian state and then I would HAVE to live in that remote region for 2 years.

So I guess I will just have to wait for the Canadian CRS to fall to 454. Or jump on OINP if they restart that.

PseudoNamePK

Feb 23, 2016
prcand said:
There's no proof of funds requirement in Australia. I was also surprised at the cost of application at first, then I realized, others are paying 500K to have PR (via investment steam), so might as well.

As for the skill set, that's the thing. if your skill set is the "in thing" for the meantime, you may have higher chances of call back from companies whether it's Canada or Australia (or even EU) as long as you have the legal (esp, permanent) status to work.
There is definitely a requirement of showing "settlement funds" of AUD 15000 cash and a further AUD 15000 in other assets for visa subclass 489 and visa subclass 190. Those are the only two Australian immigration visas that fit my NOC.

I don't see the logic of comparing yourself to multimillionaire investors. They can afford stuff that we can't. They can probably buy an island in Maldives and live there but that isnt exactly an option for a salaried individual.

prcand

Oct 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wasn't necessarily comparing myself with millionaires :) I guess it's a cost/benefit value proposition, and if you have the money to burn (without incurring debt), then perhaps consider applying both.

I guess we are discussing in two different platforms, coz I was referring to 189, and you were referring to 489/190.

PseudoNamePK said:
There is definitely a requirement of showing "settlement funds" of AUD 15000 cash and a further AUD 15000 in other assets for visa subclass 489 and visa subclass 190. Those are the only two Australian immigration visas that fit my NOC.

I don't see the logic of comparing yourself to multimillionaire investors. They can afford stuff that we can't. They can probably buy an island in Maldives and live there but that isnt exactly an option for a salaried individual.

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PseudoNamePK said:
I don't know about EU.

I encourage you to wait a little longer, the CRS cutoff would drop again and you would get an ITA directly or better still when OINP starts sending out PT interest (which I believe soon), you would get a PT. Your CRS is high so you've got many options, stay positive and wait patiently, it won't be long.

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wisak said:
I encourage you to wait a little longer, the CRS cutoff would drop again and you would get an ITA directly or better still when OINP starts sending out PT interest (which I believe soon), you would get a PT. Your CRS is high so you've got many options, stay positive and wait patiently, it won't be long.

Go with what you have in hand, dont wait for something that might never become true..! with that score you have to tackle Nomination or JOB offer and both are becoming more & more difficult..

You can always apply for CANADA even while being in Australia, its better than loosing both !

TRUST ME, DONT waste the CHANCE which you might regret later on!!

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverickjo said:

Go with what you have in hand, dont wait for something that might never become true..! with that score you have to tackle Nomination or JOB offer and both are becoming more & more difficult..

You can always apply for CANADA even while being in Australia, its better than loosing both !

TRUST ME, DONT waste the CHANCE which you might regret later on!!
From what he wrote, he doesn't have anyone at hand currently that was why i suggested some patience or are you referring to my situation?

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wisak said:
From what he wrote, he doesn't have anyone at hand currently that was why i suggested some patience or are you referring to my situation?
Sorry, I was referring to the original post, not the above..

for this 454 points.. this is a very good score & I guess the cut off will reach some time during 2016. last year they took people with 453 if im not wrong!

But the question then, will he be able to maintain this score throughout the year?

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverickjo said:
Sorry, I was referring to the original post, not the above..

for this 454 points.. this is a very good score & I guess the cut off will reach some time during 2016. last year they took people with 453 if im not wrong!

But the question then, will he be able to maintain this score throughout the year?
Ok, now I understand you better and I buy your suggestion.
I know after his birthday, he would loose 5 marks and drop to 449 but that still qualifies him for OINP.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
PseudoNamePK said:
I don't know about EU.

How many points do you have for Australian Skilled Migration?

The 2 year rule is quite... well blurred shall i say..

PseudoNamePK

Feb 23, 2016
andy108 said:
How many points do you have for Australian Skilled Migration?

The 2 year rule is quite... well blurred shall i say..
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Just to clarify I have not yet applied for Australian immigration. I just calculated my points for Australia and I have more than 60 points which is enough for subclass 190 but I'll need a nomination from the state of South Australia because my NOC is not on the national SOL list, it is only on the South Australia list CSOL. Based on the websites of Australian immigration websites, if i got nominated, I would have to report my address every month during the first 2 years to verify that I was in South Australia. I'm sure there are illegal ways to get around that restriction but I don't really want to start a new life trying to circumvent the law. Also, all the visa fees in Australia are charged up front regardless of the outcome so I could be paying ~A$5000 and not really knowing whether I'll get it or not.

As far as Canada is concerned, my points will remain at 454 until my birthday in Feb 2017 so I can wait. Let us see how the next few months go. If I notice that the CRS does not fall below 460 by June, then I'll jump at OINP if I get it.