+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Raza1214

Aug 20, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Hi All,

I am going to apply for Spousal visa. I am principal applicant and my wife is sponsoring me. In Supplementary Travel History Form IMM 5562 their is a question.

List all trip you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or residence in the last years(or since your 18th birthday if this was lees then 10 year ago.)

a) You- Means Principals applicant travel history.

b) Your spouse or common law partner

My question is in (B) I have to provide them travel history of my sponsor also?

please help and advise.
You will only need to list your trips and anyone you are inclding on your application (e.g your kids etc , if applicable). Since your wife is just a sponsor, she is not a part of your application. Therefore, her trips don't need to be included. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

EaidyJ

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
According to Canada Post tracking my application was delivered to their P. O. Box today afternoon. I hope to get the text message from CIC by Friday :)

Edit : I just got the SMS! Let the game start now.
How long it took for you to get the sms?

apple.j

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Application received today by David ..yay!! best wishes to all of us.. hoping to get reunited to our loved ones soon..

apple.j

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Did u get sms I sign up for it but didn't get it I resubmitted
hi, we did not sign up for sms notification..
we sent our app through ups and that's where we got the confirmation.. experienced members said that if your courier requires someone to sign it, "david" from mailroom is the usual name that will be listed.. :)

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
I read some thread saying the PA cannot get the visiting visa during the assessment process of the application. Is it true?
My wife (PA) is planning to visit Vancouver in coming Xmas, I am afraid she will be denied at the boarder. TIA

cango2017

Star Member
Aug 13, 2017
I read some thread saying the PA cannot get the visiting visa during the assessment process of the application. Is it true?
My wife (PA) is planning to visit Vancouver in coming Xmas, I am afraid she will be denied at the boarder. TIA
Is your wife granted visitor Visa? If she enters with valid visitor visa, I don't think they will deny you at border.
It's been told that it's difficult to apply for visitor visa during spousal application process...Anyone's experienced on that?

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
still waiting to find out if our package was delivered ): i had to escalate the issue with Ireland Post so they could investigate further. they said it landed in Toronto on August 1st but Canada Post hasnt updated them with any info. I cant imagine why its being held up anywhere.
i signed up for sms and included the barcodes in my package but fear i may have to wait until they process applications in a month before i hear anything. then ill know if i have to resend everything! grrrrrrrr.

cango2017

Star Member
Aug 13, 2017
still waiting to find out if our package was delivered ): i had to escalate the issue with Ireland Post so they could investigate further. they said it landed in Toronto on August 1st but Canada Post hasnt updated them with any info. I cant imagine why its being held up anywhere.
i signed up for sms and included the barcodes in my package but fear i may have to wait until they process applications in a month before i hear anything. then ill know if i have to resend everything! grrrrrrrr.
Do not lose faith. If it's a signature delivery you'll get final outcome by CP tracking info as well as SMS. Just pray and take it easy...sometimes waiting can be very hard, so our eyes got to look up to God. God bless!

Last edited:

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Is your wife granted visitor Visa? If she enters with valid visitor visa, I don't think they will deny you at border.
It's been told that it's difficult to apply for visitor visa during spousal application process...Anyone's experienced on that?
she doesnt need a visa but need an eTA .