+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iebo said:
I just call CIC now and the agent said: AOR by email means we received your application only and we do not start process your application yet. :eek:
that's consistent with what i was told. AOR email does not mean "in process"

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
that's consistent with what i was told. AOR email does not mean "in process"
It does not, but it means your file is open and complete (won't be returned).. However, a few weeks later you can call and it can be in process(assigned to an officer).

st7480

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
Rossei said:
List updated & modified:

Forum Name Recv'd Date AORIn-ProcessInvitationTest Date
Ronaldo Da Lima 89 Aug 01 ----
HashB Aug 05 ----
Bashar4 Aug 05 Oct 23---
patientdog Aug 05 -Oct 27--
grepis Aug 06 - Oct 23--
ottawaResident Aug 08 ----
abc3896 Aug 08 -Oct 15--
Donvalley Aug 11 ----
Maple_Star Aug 11 ----
sweetdreama Aug 11 -Oct 23--
slm.tbt Aug 11 -Oct 24--
thepolestar Aug 11 Oct 21---
NigerianCanadian Aug 11 {Aug 8}Oct 24--
west2east Aug 13 - Oct 25--
gatormei Aug 14 Oct 11 Oct 15--
HiCanadiano Aug 14 ----
Rossei Aug 14 ----
st7480 Aug 14 - ---
yano4ka Aug 17 ----
OP_POP Aug 18 -Oct 16--
MrB Aug 20 -Oct 27--
alexdive Aug 25 Oct 23 ---
getcanadavisa Aug 25 - Oct 23--
Zumba369 Aug 25 Oct 21---
def_col_male Aug 25 - ---
JaiTORONTO Aug 25 - ---
amy2008 Aug 25 - ---
mimina82 Aug 28 - Oct 27--
Iebo Aug 28 -Oct 27--
Vancouver2014 Aug 29 - Oct 20--
latitudeofgratitude Aug 29 - ---

+1 anyone? 8)
Just a quick update guys. My husband talked to a CIC agent this morning and found out that his application is in process. His AOR was printed 3 days ago (whatever that is supposed to mean) and he should be receiving the study kit along with the AOR in mail in about a week.

ECAS is still not updated nor did we receive any emails. His application was received on Aug 15th.

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
yr97 said:
It does not, but it means your file is open and complete (won't be returned).. However, a few weeks later you can call and it can be in process(assigned to an officer).
Thanks yr97,

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Dear Rossei,

Could you plz change my status from in process to AOR received.

Thanks for your awesome job.

st7480

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
st7480 said:
Just a quick update guys. My husband talked to a CIC agent this morning and found out that his application is in process. His AOR was printed 3 days ago (whatever that is supposed to mean) and he should be receiving the study kit along with the AOR in mail in about a week.

ECAS is still not updated nor did we receive any emails. His application was received on Aug 15th.
Okay Guys! Just checked ECAS again and it is updated. Here is my hubby's timeline.
==============================================================
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 12, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 12, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 27, 2014.
======================================================================

Looks like we'll be hearing more good news in the coming weeks. :) My application was received on September 19th so I still have a long wait. Good Luck everyone!

amy2008

Aug 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just spoke to a CIC agent who was very helpful. She said that they are processing applications for July 25th however told me that she would look for the status of my application. She could see the details entered into the system, received on August 25th, and advised that as per her experience once information is entered in the system, application wont be returned.

Now waiting for an official confirmation. Hope for the best.

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
Spoke to CIC agent, very helpful this time around. He gave me the same thing that, applications until July 25 are only being processed now. He said to call back in 3rd week of November and check again. There is no record of my application in the system yet.

One thing he did say though was that if application is rejected, and being sent back, it is NOT put into the system and there is no record of it. He advised me to just wait it out until Nov 3rd week and then try again OR maybe if the app is being returned then just wait for that.

HashB

Oct 28, 2014
Hi Guys, what is "Client ID" and where can i get it from ?
I just have PR card no. from the list...

HashB

Oct 28, 2014
Alright guys,
I retrieved by record using payment receipt from ECAS.
Good news!
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 5, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 5, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on October 23, 2014.

But:
I haven't received anything in my postal mail yet. address shown on my ECAS record is correct.
Should I contact them and tell them I haven't received the package yet ??

Rossie:
Kindly update the list and struck me out of "unfortunate" ones:)

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HashB said:
Alright guys,
I retrieved by record using payment receipt from ECAS.
Good news!
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 5, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 5, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on October 23, 2014.

But:
I haven't received anything in my postal mail yet. address shown on my ECAS record is correct.
Should I contact them and tell them I haven't received the package yet ??

Rossie:
Kindly update the list and struck me out of "unfortunate" ones:)
is the receipt number starting with R?

st7480

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
HashB said:
Hi Guys, what is "Client ID" and where can i get it from ?
I just have PR card no. from the list...
Client ID is the number on the front of your PR card. Your Client ID Number has four (4) numbers, a hyphen (-), and four (4) more numbers.

st7480

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
HiCanadiano said:
is the receipt number starting with R?
Yes!

You will find this number on the document that was filled out and stamped when you paid your fees at a financial institution or on the official receipt you obtained when you paid your fees on the Internet. Your Receipt Number starts with a letter, followed by nine numbers. (Example: R000000000).

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
st7480 said:
Yes!

You will find this number on the document that was filled out and stamped when you paid your fees at a financial institution or on the official receipt you obtained when you paid your fees on the Internet. Your Receipt Number starts with a letter, followed by nine numbers. (Example: R000000000).
Good for you! Mine doesn't work but hopefully soon will be.
Thanks for sharing.