+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2012 Applicants Thread =)

fmanlunas

Aug 29, 2012
we received our stage 1 AOR last night! i was one of applicants at the tail-end of august so this pretty much completes the month and is a good sign for those in september as well.

best of luck through all of our continued journeys.

Cheerio

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
fmanlunas said:
we received our stage 1 AOR last night! i was one of applicants at the tail-end of august so this pretty much completes the month and is a good sign for those in september as well.

best of luck through all of our continued journeys.
Not necessarily, there are still a few in July and the begining of August who haven't heard anything. Congrats though!

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Cheerio said:
Not necessarily, there are still a few in July and the begining of August who haven't heard anything. Congrats though!
And the handful of us (including me) who are trapped in the middle of August =( Plus there's a boatload of people who aren't even on the spreadsheets who I'm sure are still waiting.

But definitely a big congrats to fmanlunas because it shows that they are at least working on something =)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Cheerio said:
-still waiting- =/

Does anyone know how long you have to stay living in the province you applied to? How much of a problem would it be to move to a different province after recieving PPR?
I don't think with Spousal PR there is any tie to the province you applied from. The only exception could be Quebec-- I'm not sure on their rules and for whatever reason they are different than the rest of the country. So if you're thinking of moving into Quebec (or out of if you've done the CSQ) then look into it, otherwise you can move around as you'd like. Just make sure when the applicant lands as PR that they give the correct address that you'll be at for the PR card to be sent to.

geminiaquarius21

Star Member
Sep 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-12
AOR Received.
13-10-12
File Transfer...
15-10-12
Med's Done....
25 -06-12
Passport Req..
10-04-13
Hi batchmates,I have a good news,I received an email from CIC that they received my application last August 30,2012.Is this what you call AOR?What po ang next stage after this?This is really good news coz it means they are working with our batch now...Goodluck to all of us ;D
Favor po sa gumagawa ng spreadsheet for august pde po b paki add naman ako,thanks in advance

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
geminiaquarius21 said:
Hi batchmates,I have a good news,I received an email from CIC that they received my application last August 30,2012.Is this what you call AOR?What po ang next stage after this?This is really good news coz it means they are working with our batch now...Goodluck to all of us ;D
Favor po sa gumagawa ng spreadsheet for august pde po b paki add naman ako,thanks in advance
Yes, that is an AOR. You should receive sponsor approval shortly. Congratulations!

Cheerio

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
tink23 said:
I don't think with Spousal PR there is any tie to the province you applied from. The only exception could be Quebec-- I'm not sure on their rules and for whatever reason they are different than the rest of the country. So if you're thinking of moving into Quebec (or out of if you've done the CSQ) then look into it, otherwise you can move around as you'd like. Just make sure when the applicant lands as PR that they give the correct address that you'll be at for the PR card to be sent to.
Ah yes I was wondering because we are applying to Quebec right now. My husbands lease doesn't end until mid next year but we have been thinking about the possibility of moving to New Brunswick in the future. We shall definitively look more into it though, it just seems too complicated now that we have sent out the application to make any changes-- we really don't want to risk any delays-- but we hope after everything goes through that we can move about freely without a problem.

pamid

Oct 5, 2011
hey I am so happy this site exists I just got my letter saying that everything has now been forwarded to the Visa office in Mexico so happy cant wait till hubby is back. I was also wondering though once they have sent everything does that mean that all the right documents were sent?

joezimmer

Apr 20, 2012
All Over North America
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
21-08-2012
IELTS Request
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
LANDED..........
ASAP!
Got our Sponsorship Approval on 12-Oct-2012! It is dated 25-Sep-2012! can you add this to the Spreadsheet? thanks and congrats and good luck to everyone! Oh and I found out my Visa office is Ottawa!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
pamid said:
hey I am so happy this site exists I just got my letter saying that everything has now been forwarded to the Visa office in Mexico so happy cant wait till hubby is back. I was also wondering though once they have sent everything does that mean that all the right documents were sent?
It most likely means you aren't missing anything, however, there could be minor things that Mexico will want, but Mississauga decided to have Mexico request it as it wasn't one of the main application papers or important documents that are required. Your package is probably complete though.

AmritSheetal

Sep 30, 2012
Application submitted to Mississauga on 30/08/2012
AOR received on 12/10/2012

Any idea how long it mau take from here to the end of Stage 1 approval ?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
AmritSheetal said:
Application submitted to Mississauga on 30/08/2012
AOR received on 12/10/2012

Any idea how long it mau take from here to the end of Stage 1 approval ?
My sponsor approval came 10 days after AOR. If u expect anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks I think you'll be good.

geminiaquarius21

Star Member
Sep 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-12
AOR Received.
13-10-12
File Transfer...
15-10-12
Med's Done....
25 -06-12
Passport Req..
10-04-13
Congrats to the latest batchmates that received their AOR!!!!

louie_ann

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2012
Med's Done....
July 3, 2012
scottishmaple said:
pleased for you!!!

hmmmm I'm not sure. My application was sent to London in September so I have to assume that it is there now, as it only takes 10 days for me to receive a parcel etc from my husband. I would find it more frustrating for me, if it turns out that I am one of these people that never get an update. Perhaps London is slower....

Can someone add me to the August Spreadsheet? please

Timeline:

App Sent 3/8/12
Received 9/8/12
Email saying the received application 11/9/12
Sponsorship Approval : 12/9/12
Application Sent to London
You're added. Btw, when was your medical done?

louie_ann

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2012
Med's Done....
July 3, 2012
geminiaquarius21 said:
sure. Please answer the following:

App Sent?
App Received?
Email saying the received application?
Sponsorship Approval?
Application Sent to/your VO?
When was your medical done?