+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2012 Applicants Thread =)

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know I'm unfortunate (so much for the ID "Luckyman", but that refers to meeting my wife). I'm just hope I can help prevent the same for others, as this is a tough process.

Thanks for the nice words all....and that's what we're all here for, education and assistance from one another.

Just an update....I just checked my tracking number with Canada Post, and it shows delivered. So now my official application date is Aug. 14, 2012

So how do I change my avatar, and add timelines to my sig?

Cheers!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Luckyman said:
I know I'm unfortunate (so much for the ID "Luckyman", but that refers to meeting my wife). I'm just hope I can help prevent the same for others, as this is a tough process.

Thanks for the nice words all....and that's what we're all here for, education and assistance from one another.

Just an update....I just checked my tracking number with Canada Post, and it shows delivered. So now my official application date is Aug. 14, 2012

Cheers!
Hey luckyman,

congrats on getting your application in, and i hope it will go well!
You need to have 10 posts before adding info on your signature etc - almost there!
Cheers,
Sweden

louie_ann

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2012
Med's Done....
July 3, 2012
Luckyman said:

Cheers!
Hi Luckyman, Wecome to the group! Btw, when did you sent the application, when was your medical done & Which VO are you going through? Thanks!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Luckyman said:

Cheers!
then - if you answer each of the questions from louie_ann in a separate post, you'll be able to reach the 10 posts and update your profile! :)

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haha....Originally sent application May, but as in previous posts it was returned CHECK YOUR FORM REVISION NUMBERS!!...

Just FYI, I'm the Sponsor, and my lovely wife is Filipina and she lives in Masbate City (for now). Her meds were done while we were living together in U.A.E. sometime in Feb if I remember correctly. I believe they are valid for a year....(HOPE SO).

Our office for processing is Manila.

Thank for the help guys! Note that I'm here to help too

louie_ann

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2012
Med's Done....
July 3, 2012
Luckyman said:
Haha....Originally sent application May, but as in previous posts it was returned CHECK YOUR FORM REVISION NUMBERS!!...

Just FYI, I'm the Sponsor, and my lovely wife is Filipina and she lives in Masbate City (for now). Her meds were done while we were living together in U.A.E. sometime in Feb if I remember correctly. I believe they are valid for a year....(HOPE SO).

Our office for processing is Manila.

Thank for the help guys! Note that I'm here to help too
Noted Luckman. :) Thanks a lot. Good luck to all of us!

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweet, got my info updated.

So who can help me out with all the acronyms?
Some are self explanatory, but others, I'm not sure.

Thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Luckyman said:
Sweet, got my info updated.

So who can help me out with all the acronyms?
Some are self explanatory, but others, I'm not sure.

Thanks
AOR - acknowledgement of receipt, not everybody gets one...
PP request - passport request - depending if you are visa exempt or not, and also which VO. New Delhi is well known for asking the passport at the beginning of the process, where others only when they are ready to issue the visa...

the first stage ( sponsorship approval) is pretty consistent, and people get approved more or less in the order of arrival of the application (hence the spreadsheet), once it's stage 2, the difference between VO and cases really starts to show, and the process differs from case to case, that's why you have more categories for stage 2 than stage 1.

Hope it's clearer like this - if you have other questions, just ask!
Cheers,
Sweden

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, for the help. There are more that I'm curious about, but to avoid clutter I'll ask when needed....

Cheers!

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
1st- I'm sorry to read about your situation, Shylox!! Hoping they confirm your suspicion soon, and that they actually got your application already. Keep us updated!!!

2nd: Luckyman, thanks for your advice!! Do you (or anyone else) know if there's any quick way to check this? I'm trying to send everything on Friday, and this is a little paralizing to read!

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
December 4th 2012, All sent January 3rd 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
April 16th 2013 - "In Process" on E-Cas: April 17th 2013
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Hi

How long did you have to wait before you got your application back and initially when did you file??

Luckyman said:

Cheers!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
kyc221 said:
1st- I'm sorry to read about your situation, Shylox!! Hoping they confirm your suspicion soon, and that they actually got your application already. Keep us updated!!!

2nd: Luckyman, thanks for your advice!! Do you (or anyone else) know if there's any quick way to check this? I'm trying to send everything on Friday, and this is a little paralizing to read!
I think the way to check it would be, if you completed your forms a while ago, before u send the package, check all the links to the forms on the CIC website and check the dates on the bottom of them. I just did this and there was one as new as July 2012... just one of them... so definitely go through all the forms links and check the dates to make sure they correspond with your papers!

Kelm

Jan 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
11-07-2012
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-04-2013
My 2 kilo baby arrived in Mississauga at 10:03 this morning :) Can I be added to 'the list'?

Good luck Augusters!

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
tink23 said:
I think the way to check it would be, if you completed your forms a while ago, before u send the package, check all the links to the forms on the CIC website and check the dates on the bottom of them. I just did this and there was one as new as July 2012... just one of them... so definitely go through all the forms links and check the dates to make sure they correspond with your papers!
Thanks! I shall have the hubby do this while I cook dinner :)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Kelm said:
My 2 kilo baby arrived in Mississauga at 10:03 this morning :) Can I be added to 'the list'?

Good luck Augusters!
Congratulations! I hope i'm close behind!

kyc221 said:
Thanks! I shall have the hubby do this while I cook dinner :)
That's the only way I can think of! Maybe there's a link somewhere that tells u the dates on the most updated forms, but I don't know it if it does exist. I did this yesterday and it took only about 3 minutes.