+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attestation letter requirement

arin03

Mar 28, 2024
Defer to September and get new LOA. Ontario just set parameters yesterday so unlikely to get PAL and study approved in 6 weeks.
but as long as I know September intake is not available plus they cant ensure me if I will be able to get the desired programmed. only January intake 2025 is available. but that will be too late for me..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
but as long as I know September intake is not available plus they cant ensure me if I will be able to get the desired programmed. only January intake 2025 is available. but that will be too late for me..
Then you have to decide on a) going forward with May intake (unlikely to get study permit in time), b) change DLIs and find public college with same program for September, or c) hope you will get spot for September at Seneca (need new LOA).

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
please do you have to pay money for the attestation letter?can anyone help me out
No you don’t. When you get admission, the university applies for the PAL from the province on your behalf. Note that most will require you to pay the required tuition deposit before they request for your PAL.

Prem G

Star Member
Jan 4, 2024
Hey can anyone clear my doubt, I applied for my study permit in December and I am still waiting, Do I need PAL for deferral???
Please Reply anyone???

Tiscobobby

Mar 31, 2024
Hello, I’ve gotten my acceptance letter from cimt in Ontario province, waiting to be issued provincial attestation letter, Hope I’m still in line for pal?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I’ve gotten my acceptance letter from cimt in Ontario province, waiting to be issued provincial attestation letter, Hope I’m still in line for pal?
Isn’t CIMT a career college and career colleges are not being allocated any PALs. 96% going to public colleges and universities with focus on healthcare, trades, French etc.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-study-permits-1.7157603

Dunlop said 96 per cent of Ontario's foreign student allocation this year will go to publicly funded colleges and universities, with the remainder to language schools, private universities and other institutions. Private career colleges will not get an allotment.

CIMT College is registered as a Career College under the Ontario Career Colleges Act.

Prem G

Star Member
Jan 4, 2024
Also My college is a Private Flight School without any affiliation with any Public college. My college is also PGWP eligible as it comes under Special Cases->Flight Schools.
As it is a private college, Will I get a PGWP if my college starts from 15 May?? @Naturgrl You have an idea??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also My college is a Private Flight School without any affiliation with any Public college. My college is also PGWP eligible as it comes under Special Cases->Flight Schools.
As it is a private college, Will I get a PGWP if my college starts from 15 May?? @Naturgrl You have an idea??
So your study permit was finally approved? Ask the school. The issue is private-public colleges, depends on designation and may depend on province.

Reactions: Prem G

Prem G

Star Member
Jan 4, 2024
So your study permit was finally approved? Ask the school. The issue is private-public colleges, depends on designation and may depend on province.
Yeah Finally :) The thing is my college starts from 15 April so I am confused if I should defer or not. My college is Spectrum Airways, Burlington ON. Its a Private Flight School. Is it PPP?? What is this PPP actually :|

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah Finally :) The thing is my college starts from 15 April so I am confused if I should defer or not. My college is Spectrum Airways, Burlington ON. Its a Private Flight School. Is it PPP?? What is this PPP actually :|
Confirm with the school. You need to complete program & get commercial license to be eligible at this time.

preet_happ

Apr 2, 2024
Hello, everyone. I'm having a struggle with this new update. I got an admission for the May intake at Conestoga College in Ontario for a two-year diploma program. School resumes on May 6th, and I am not sure if I can wait until March 31st, which is the deadline given to all provinces to work things out. before applying for a visa because I need to be in the country by April for the two-week orientation; waiting until March to apply for provisional attestation will jeopardize everything, particularly since I have already paid 9,300 cad in fees.

Please, I need some advice.