+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attestation letter requirement

Jan 25, 2024
Based on the information on the website, your application would get returned since submitted it without the attestation letter. You will need to reapply once that letter is ready by the province you were planning to study in (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html#attestation).
Based on the information on the website, your application would get returned since submitted it without the attestation letter. You will need to reapply once that letter is ready by the province you were planning to study in (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html#attestation).
Now that the new regulation governs me, as the wife of the main applicant, I cannot work. I then need the visa denial letter to be able to apply for a refund.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got accepted in Yorkville University and my session starts in April. I was going to apply 31st January but now there's this new rules of Attestation letter. What can I do now as I've already paid for my first term. Should I just apply without it?
You don’t want to go to Yorkville university. First it is poor quality education but also it is a private university so will not qualify for PGWP and is unlikely to get provincial attestations spots.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In general unless studying for masters, PhD or for whatever programs are defined as short term postgrad program (assume they will be university programs but we’ll need to wait for more information). Most student application will be put on hold while provincial figure out provincial attestation program and who will get the spots. Most should consider that they are likely to have to defer to September. We need more information from IRCC and from each province. Hopefully some clarification will come soon.

Neduconsult

Aug 23, 2022
So then you need to wait for the attention letter process to be stood up before you can submit and application and also have to obtain the actual letter before you can apply.
I'm going for an postgraduate program in International Business at LambtonCollege, am I exempted from getting attestation letter?

cheemsburger

Jan 27, 2024
Guys, I have acceptance for Post Graduate Diploma in Business & Project management in VCC college, Im aiming for May intake. Do you guys think this attestation letter will be applicable to my course as its a college and not university as per ircc glossary.

willam0100

Jan 27, 2024
Hi, i already received my loa of diploma program from conestoga college, whats the chance to obtain this attestation letter, everything was creepy to me.

Daneeyoj

Jan 27, 2024
Hello, everyone. I'm having a struggle with this new update. I got an admission for the May intake at Conestoga College in Ontario for a two-year diploma program. School resumes on May 6th, and I am not sure if I can wait until March 31st, which is the deadline given to all provinces to work things out. before applying for a visa because I need to be in the country by April for the two-week orientation; waiting until March to apply for provisional attestation will jeopardize everything, particularly since I have already paid 9,300 cad in fees.

Please, I need some advice.
Hello, everyone. I'm having a struggle with this new update. I got an admission for the May intake at Conestoga College in Ontario for a two-year diploma program. School resumes on May 6th, and I am not sure if I can wait until March 31st, which is the deadline given to all provinces to work things out. before applying for a visa because I need to be in the country by April for the two-week orientation; waiting until March to apply for provisional attestation will jeopardize everything, particularly since I have already paid 9,300 cad in fees.

Please, I need some advice.
I have a similar case as well. I was accepted for a 1 year post graduate certificate program in Conestoga college, starting May 6th. Got all my documents ready for submission and I heard of the new cap and rules.

queenaliu

Jan 28, 2024
I hope things get better becs this Attestation of a thing is confusing what I know is 1month is not enough to put things right and I'm sure Canada government knew that already

Jan 28, 2024
Do I need attestation letter for May intake? I was planning to apply for visa. Already paid my tuition fee initial deposit 13,500 cad. What should I do now? And is it true that we can’t take our spouse from September 2024 for bachelors degree?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do I need attestation letter for May intake? I was planning to apply for visa. Already paid my tuition fee initial deposit 13,500 cad. What should I do now? And is it true that we can’t take our spouse from September 2024 for bachelors degree?
If taking a bachelors, you need attestation letter. Spouses really are no longer eligible (unless Masters/PhD) as of now as government is announcing rules in the next few weeks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I hope things get better becs this Attestation of a thing is confusing what I know is 1month is not enough to put things right and I'm sure Canada government knew that already
May is not a common start date and many programs don’t offer classes or offer limited classes during this periods. Many will be forced to defer to Fall 2024 start date in order to figure out if their have received a provincial attestation and study permit approval. Some private schools will also likely shut down. Students trying to attend programs in ON, BC and NS will be the most impacted.

angelfoxy123

Jan 30, 2024
HI guys so if j am gonna study comp sci bsc for 4 years from a top public university in Ontario which is also in top 150 in world ranking for sep intake, are my chances of getting a visa approval high?