FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
I'm in the same situation. In my case, I paid the GIC tuition and applied on January 23 at dawn. I don't know if I'm correct but what I understand is that my application will not be reviewed until after March, the date on which the new requirement will be implemented.
Based on the information on the website, your application would get returned since submitted it without the attestation letter. You will need to reapply once that letter is ready by the province you were planning to study in (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html#attestation).

Dynamo12

Jan 14, 2024
I'm in the same situation. In my case, I paid the GIC tuition and applied on January 23 at dawn. I don't know if I'm correct but what I understand is that my application will not be reviewed until after March, the date on which the new requirement will be implemented.
I am in the exact same situation, have you received your biometrics letter.. I haven't and I think it could be because of the pause.. I applied for a post bacc diploma at a university so don't think I need a letter of attestation.

767mph

Jan 25, 2024
Hi, I just wanted to ask if you can give an update whenever you get one? I was also about to submit on the 23rd but stopped when I realized the letter is also needed for graduate college programs

Jan 26, 2024
I got accepted in Yorkville University and my session starts in April. I was going to apply 31st January but now there's this new rules of Attestation letter. What can I do now as I've already paid for my first term. Should I just apply without it?

Jan 25, 2024
Hi, I just wanted to ask if you can give an update whenever you get one? I was also about to submit on the 23rd but stopped when I realized the letter is also needed for graduate college programs
Of course yes, I will have my biometrics next Monday, I will keep you updated on any situation.

By the way, I would like to ask if it is common for IRCC to send an update of your status to the email like this:
1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click Check complete application status under View the applications you submitted.
3. Scroll down to the Messages about your request section.
4. Click the Subject of the new message to read it.

but when I enter the application I don't find any message or any update

Dynamo12

Jan 14, 2024
Of course yes, I will have my biometrics next Monday, I will keep you updated on any situation.

By the way, I would like to ask if it is common for IRCC to send an update of your status to the email like this:
2. Click Check complete application status under View the applications you submitted.

When did you recieve your biometrics letter.. I applied on 23rd as well but so far I have not recieved my biometrics request.. I am starting to get worried about it..

767mph

Jan 25, 2024

Hi, thanks so much for the reply
Usually when they send an email for update of status, there’s a message waiting for you there, however I have noticed with my previous applications that sometimes it’s a change in that list of stages of your application. you know that list that talks about the different stages such as background check, biometrics, eligibility e.t.c. ? It could have just been a change to one of those so don’t fret too much.
Also I wanted to ask, is the program you applied for graduate? I’d really appreciate if you could let me know.
If you have any other questions Or updates, my email is kiyoha66@gmail.com. Thanks again!

767mph

Jan 25, 2024
When did you recieve your biometrics letter.. I applied on 23rd as well but so far I have not recieved my biometrics request.. I am starting to get worried about it..
It differs from country to country how quickly you may get a request, maybe wait till next week. Let me know how it goes!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got accepted in Yorkville University and my session starts in April. I was going to apply 31st January but now there's this new rules of Attestation letter. What can I do now as I've already paid for my first term. Should I just apply without it?
What is the program? You do know that the ”university” is an industrial park.

Jan 25, 2024
There are two of us, for the main applicant, the same 23 and for the secondary applicant, I just received them today

Jan 25, 2024
Hi, thanks so much for the reply
Usually when they send an email for update of status, there’s a message waiting for you there, however I have noticed with my previous applications that sometimes it’s a change in that list of stages of your application. you know that list that talks about the different stages such as background check, biometrics, eligibility e.t.c. ? It could have just been a change to one of those so don’t fret too much.
Also I wanted to ask, is the program you applied for graduate? I’d really appreciate if you could let me know.
If you have any other questions Or updates, my email is kiyoha66@gmail.com. Thanks again!
It is a two-year diploma, I don't have much hope because there are two of us, my husband is the main applicant and I am applying for a work permit, with the new regulations I would not be able to work

Dynamo12

Jan 14, 2024
It is a two-year diploma, I don't have much hope because there are two of us, my husband is the main applicant and I am applying for a work permit, with the new regulations I would not be able to work
I have still not received my biometrics request, it's stressing me out to the very peak.. I don't know where my application is stuck up..