+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Assessment of language skills

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
kramvi, they are very strict about IELTS these days, you can submit written explanations but then it'll totally be upto VO to award any points for that or not., Interview isn't must and 80% applicants don't normally get interview call. If they call you for interview, they normally do give ample time to applicants to gather docs.

Getting degree from english language country won't give you any kind of benefit.

IELTS is valid for 2 years now, it use to be for 1 year before.

Left hand bits are added by user themselves, just go to your profile, go to settings and there you'll find option to feed your details which will appear like that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kramvi said:
By the way how do some people like you get written on their profile the contents on the left? Is it done by the board or yourself and what significance does it have? I am just curious.
- Forum Profile Information

kramvi

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
This is something new for me. I was under the impression that there would definitely be an interview. So there might not be one at all? In a place like India?

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kramvi said:
Yes mine was submitted before that date. By the way how do some people like you get written on their profile the contents on the left? Is it done by the board or yourself and what significance does it have? I am just curious.
It is written by you, check your profile at the top ofthe page , you will find it there. You can fill in and then save it will appear on your profile.

Hope it helps.

kramvi

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Is this uncertainty of getting an interview only with people who have applied after a certain date? Because when I had applied 5 years ago, I was told that I would be called for an interview.

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nowadays, chance are that if your application is pretty straight forward and everything goes smoothly, you will not be called. Just an statistical matter, however.

Either way and besides money, siting for IELTS shouldn't be a biggie for ya anyways [=

kramvi

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Thanks for your help. By any chance does anyone have a link to what the job descriptions of an occupation are?

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kramvi said:
Thanks for your help. By any chance does anyone have a link to what the job descriptions of an occupation are?
You should search for that in the NOC, here the link:

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/Welcome.aspx

goutamdasht

Oct 7, 2010
Bahrain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's done by the board,i hope u know the meaning of IELTS(INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH LANGAUGE TESTING SYSTEM),so don't argument with this matter be positive.

kramvi

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
I got a generic reply finally from the CIC saying that the IELTS score is only good for one year. I don't even know when they will call me for an interview or not, my five years should be reached this year. I am wondering if when they ask you to submit your documents, they provide enough time for you to take a test.

OmSai73

Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
God's Decession
Passport Req..
1-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Yes on Dec-15-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for March 2015
kramvi said:
I got a generic reply finally from the CIC saying that the IELTS score is only good for one year. I don't even know when they will call me for an interview or not, my five years should be reached this year. I am wondering if when they ask you to submit your documents, they provide enough time for you to take a test.
The Best option is, take the Test now and keep the results ready.

kramvi

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
I took a test in 2008 and received a 7.0 overalll score. Any idea on what score is regarded as excellent and fluent?

OmSai73

Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
God's Decession
Passport Req..
1-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Yes on Dec-15-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for March 2015
kramvi said:
I took a test in 2008 and received a 7.0 overalll score. Any idea on what score is regarded as excellent and fluent?
You need to score 16 points in IELTS ( Please go thru the Manual, there is diff score for each Categoery (Reading, Listening, writing and Speaking)

kramvi

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
The following is what I found in the catalogue. According to this, I do not need to take a test but merely submit a written explanation. Now what the explanation is about, I have no idea.

For applications received before June 26, 2010, if the applicant provides a written explanation
and supporting documentation in lieu of test results, officers must assess it against the Canadian
Language Benchmarks 2000, and/or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens 2006
R79(2) establishes the following equivalencies between the four proficiency levels and the
Canadian Language Benchmarks:
Proficiency level Benchmark equivalencies
High Benchmark 8 or higher
Moderate Benchmark 6 or 7
Basic Benchmark 4 or 5
No proficiency Benchmark 3 or lower
Thus, for purposes of assessment of proficiency levels, it is Benchmarks 4, 6, and 8 that are of
key importance, as they are the thresholds of the three levels for which points can be awarded.
Refer to the following quick reference chart to access the appropriate Canadian Language
Benchmarks:
Proficiency level Ability
Speaking Listening Reading Writing
High Benchmark 8:
pages 68-71
Benchmark 8:
pages 82-83
Benchmark 8:
pages 94-95
Benchmark 8:
pages 106-107
Moderate Benchmark 6: