App. Filed.......
17/02/2017
AOR Received.
17/02/2017
Med's Done....
11-04-2017
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
I sent it July 13th and finally received it back today.
How many days they took to send the passport after getting approved. ..mine approved on Friday and till now they haven't dispatched it

tirunagiri

Jul 21, 2017
Sent the passport to Los Angeles VAC office on July 10th 2017 (USPS delivery confirmation). No updates since then, sent couple of emails, in the last email, I have attached the USPS proof-of-delivery as attachment. No response till now. Has anyone got the passport back who had sent the passport of July. My biggest worry is, there are no updates from neither VAC nor consulate acknowledging the receiving of my passport. Will it help going to the VAC office in Los Angeles tracing my passport or should i lose hopes on my passport and start the process of apply for a new passport.

sureshkaushik

Jul 17, 2017
I was in the same boat, my passport was delivered on July 7th, and I never got any response from them, when I emailed them, they even said they did not receive my packet, I got scared and emailed all the tracking details with the screen shot showing delivered and signed by "M. Garcia", even then they did not acknowledge. I called LA customer service and gave them all the details, they created a ticket and told me they will respond within a few days, then they replied through email that they have high volume of applications and they received it, it was little relaxing then within a few days, I got a tracking number, not the tracking site shows "Passport received at the visa office - under consideration".

Honestly, I don't think it is the best way to update people but what we can do? Once we mail-in the passports, it is all pure luck. All is well that end is well. I would advise waiting for a few days, your turn will come. All the best. If you are near to them, go personally, for me it was far and still I was thinking of going there but luckily I didn't have to.
All the passports received with 10-Yr multiple entry visas. Honestly, they are very slow and don't care about the applicant until you call them and request to expedite. I emailed that I have to make travel plans outside the country, and the same day, they approved the visa and sent back the passports which were received the next day. Good luck to all !!!

Reactions: ganeshac1985

Cavatina

Jul 26, 2017
Hi,

I just received my passport request letter. I apply from the US. I've been getting mixed information about whether to send passport directly to NYC Consulate or NYC VAC. Trying to save some money if I can. What did everyone use and what are the recommendations? I apologize if this is not related to the topic but I can't find the answer anywhere else.

Thanks!

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
I got a passport request August 18th. going to deliver the passport at the manila VFS office tomorrow. How long should I expect before I can go and collect it?

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
All the passports received with 10-Yr multiple entry visas. Honestly, they are very slow and don't care about the applicant until you call them and request to expedite. I emailed that I have to make travel plans outside the country, and the same day, they approved the visa and sent back the passports which were received the next day. Good luck to all !!!
How did you contacted them ? I mean where I can find their email addresses for requesting to expedite the procedure ?

mhannou2

Sep 15, 2017
What does that mean ? ::)

Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office BEIRUT, on 26/01/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.

Is it at the VAC now or at the embassy ?
May I ask you if you applied online or on paper? If it is online, how much time it took to receive your passport at the VAC in Beirut after you submitted it? How many days you waited?

vijay326

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Canadian Visitor Visa Experience:

Applied for Self.Indian Citizen working in USA on OPT

18 Sep 2017 - Online Application Transmission
18 Sep 2017 - Submission Confirmation
19 Sep 2017 - Your Application has been updated - No Updates in Online Account
21 Sep 2017 - Passport Request
25 Sep 2017 - USPS confirmed package delivered to NY VAC.

When can I expect my passport back? Planing to travel on 28th or 29th September but not sure if I can receive it by then. Sent an overnight return shipping envelope with the passport

Last edited:

Gagan Kharor

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Chandigarh -New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-Nov-2017
Hi Friends,

I am Canadian Resident. I applied TRV for my Sister in Law and her family (Husband and Daughter) in Manila Office.

File Submitted Date: 03-Sep-2017

Type Application: Paper Applications with Passport (Via VFS).

CIC Additional Documents Requested on 14-Sep-2017 like 2 Photos, Marriage Certificate, School letter for Child.

Requested Documents submitted ; 20-Sep-2017.

They have Indian Passports.

Waiting....??????

So please give me advice what will be next?

vijay326

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017

26 Sep 2017 - VAC sent tracking id and changed status to Application Received by the VAC and then In Transit to Visa office
27 Sep 2017 - Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration

Last edited:

vijay326

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017

26 Sep 2017 - VAC sent tracking id and changed status to Application Received by the VAC and then In Transit to Visa office
27 Sep 2017 - Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration
29 Sep 2017 - Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC

amoghaddam

Sep 30, 2017

When can I expect my passport back? Planing to travel on 28th or 29th September but not sure if I can receive it by then. Sent an overnight return shipping envelope with the passport

Hi Vijay,
Could you please share how long it took for you to have your passport back from VAC? I have an urgent trip and I am planning about the timeline for my trip. thanks in advance for your sharing. regards