+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

sandy2024

Jun 30, 2017
30th June - Application Approved - asked to submit passport
1st July - submitted passport
5th July - Passport delivered to VAC in Los Angeles
11th July - no updates from VAC in Los Angeles (spoke on phone - no updates yet)
18th July (12 noon) - finally they updated saying that my passport is stamped with visa and is in transit to applicant via UPS <tracking number>
19th July - UPS still does not have the passport in their system (am not able to track it) - sent email to VAC in LA to check if UPS picked it up

Reactions: sureshkaushik

sandy2024

Jun 30, 2017
18th July (12 noon) - finally they updated saying that my passport is stamped with visa and is in transit to applicant via UPS <tracking number>
19th July - UPS still does not have the passport in their system (am not able to track it) - sent email to VAC in LA to check if UPS picked it up
19th July, 4.33pm - UPS now shows the passport has been picked up today at 4.33pm from LA

Phew: Applied on June 1st and will finally receive (hopefully) the passport with visa on July 21st.......quite an ordeal.

sureshkaushik

Jul 17, 2017
T
19th July, 4.33pm - UPS now shows the passport has been picked up today at 4.33pm from LA

Phew: Applied on June 1st and will finally receive (hopefully) the passport with visa on July 21st.......quite an ordeal.
that was huge time...what date you got the tracking number?

ben_viv

Jul 19, 2017
I called them today and they said that they have dispatched it yesterday, however, I did not receive it today. so it is likely that they shipped it after the cut-off time. hoping to receive it by tomorrow.
You can contact them on their helpline number (1-888-242-2100) and request an update. Alternatively, if u have the receipt from Canada Post, the tracking numbers are mentioned on that as well.
Thanks for the info! Did you get it today, or did your tracking number get activated?

tirunagiri

Jul 21, 2017
Hi Sandy,
I am in the same boat, I had applied visitor visa online and after getting notification from cic.gc.ca, mailed the passport to VAC - Los Angeles.
6th - July : Got email notification from CIC to submit the passport
8th - July : mailed the passport through USPS
10th - July : Got the delivered notification from USPS
No updates/news from VAC till now. send email, called VAC, got the reply saying "high volume of applications, call after a week".

I just want to know, how the VAC has updated you about your passport getting stamped, did they called you or emailed you.
Also wondering if there are any other applicant who are in the same situation mailed their passport and waiting for the updates.

I am thinking about the options left for me.
1. wait for a week more to hear from them.
2. travel to VAC LA and inquire about my passport, if that helps.

anyone, please share/suggest from your experience or thoughts..

sureshkaushik

Jul 17, 2017
Hi Sandy,
I am in the same boat, I had applied visitor visa online and after getting notification from cic.gc.ca, mailed the passport to VAC - Los Angeles.
6th - July : Got email notification from CIC to submit the passport
8th - July : mailed the passport through USPS
10th - July : Got the delivered notification from USPS
No updates/news from VAC till now. send email, called VAC, got the reply saying "high volume of applications, call after a week".

I just want to know, how the VAC has updated you about your passport getting stamped, did they called you or emailed you.
Also wondering if there are any other applicant who are in the same situation mailed their passport and waiting for the updates.

I am thinking about the options left for me.
1. wait for a week more to hear from them.
2. travel to VAC LA and inquire about my passport, if that helps.

anyone, please share/suggest from your experience or thoughts..
I was in the same boat, my passport was delivered on July 7th, and I never got any response from them, when I emailed them, they even said they did not receive my packet, I got scared and emailed all the tracking details with the screen shot showing delivered and signed by "M. Garcia", even then they did not acknowledge. I called LA customer service and gave them all the details, they created a ticket and told me they will respond within a few days, then they replied through email that they have high volume of applications and they received it, it was little relaxing then within a few days, I got a tracking number, not the tracking site shows "Passport received at the visa office - under consideration".

Honestly, I don't think it is the best way to update people but what we can do? Once we mail-in the passports, it is all pure luck. All is well that end is well. I would advise waiting for a few days, your turn will come. All the best. If you are near to them, go personally, for me it was far and still I was thinking of going there but luckily I didn't have to.

maher786

Jul 21, 2017
Hi All,

I have applied for Online Transit visa (TRV) for my mother on 20/07/2017.
My mother is travelling from Mumbai(India) to Bogota(Colombia) having 3 hours transit in Toronto(Canada) for changing plane.

I have few questions:
1) I have submitted the application successfully and it shows Submitted but I have not received any confirmation email. I have uploaded validate application form, Colombian Visa, Passport, Confirm Air Canada Ticket, Photo.
2) My mother has confirm ticket from Mumbai to Bogota on 15/08/2017, so I am worried will she get everything done in 20 days? or else I will lose money of ticket and its 1032 USD.

Please guide me...

Thanks

ganeshac1985

Feb 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
17/02/2017
AOR Received.
17/02/2017
Med's Done....
11-04-2017
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
Hi all,

I have applied for TRV within Canada based on my open work permit. I submitted the application on 11th July and got passport request on 15th July 2017. I send my passport through Canada Xpresspost on 18th July and it has reached Ottawa office on 20th July.

I have to apply for US visa very soon and when can I expect return back of my passport? How many days can it take Ottawa visa office to return the passport?

Thanks

ben_viv

Jul 19, 2017
Here's my timeline:

submitted my application on June 24;
got passport request on July 3rd;
sent my passport to CPP-Ottawa on July 4th and it's delivered on July 6th;
application was approved and closed on July 15th;
received passport on July 20th

Hope it's helpful.

ganeshac1985

Feb 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
17/02/2017
AOR Received.
17/02/2017
Med's Done....
11-04-2017
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
Here's my timeline:

submitted my application on June 24;
got passport request on July 3rd;
sent my passport to CPP-Ottawa on July 4th and it's delivered on July 6th;
application was approved and closed on July 15th;
received passport on July 20th

Hope it's helpful.
My application is approved today.. but till now the canadapost tracking number is not activated

ishp

Sep 27, 2016
Hello friends
please help me out i submitted the application for visa online on 25 july after open work permit
got the confirmation of pyament but not file number till date any idea of it

ganeshac1985

Feb 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
17/02/2017
AOR Received.
17/02/2017
Med's Done....
11-04-2017
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
Hi! I think we are in the same situation, I also sent my passport to Ottawa and it's taking much longer than the other times for me to get it back.
Hi when did u send ??