+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

joseph97

May 10, 2017
hello,

I recently extended my study permit and immediately applied for a TRV within Canada (ON). if anyone has been through an online TRV procedure within Canada, any sort of information regarding the time your application took to be approved and the time your passport took to be stamped and returned would be highly appreciated. because I'm planning on booking a flight soon and would like to know an approximate time of how long the entire procedure takes.

thank you.

ankur1711

May 24, 2017
Canadian Visitor Visa Experience:

Applied for Self and Wife. Indian Citizen working in USA on H1B

10 May 2017 - Online Application Transmission
12 May 2017 - Submission Confirmation
13 May 2017 - Your Application has been updated - No Updates in Online Account
18 May 2017 - Your Application has been updated - No Updates in Online
24 May 2017 - Passport Request
24 May 2017 - Sent the package to NY VAC

Last edited:

davidb57

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016

Applied for Self and Wife. Indian Citizen working in USA on H1B

10 May 2017 - Online Application Transmission
12 May 2017 - Submission Confirmation
13 May 2017 - Your Application has been updated - No Updates in Online Account
18 May 2017 - Your Application has been updated - No Updates in Online
24 May 2017 - Passport Request
24 May 2017 - Sent the package to NY VAC
Holy molly, this is like pretty much my timeline, applied then submission 2 days later, then an update next day(no changes in online account) then couple of days later another updates but no changes at all online NOW the difference is I'm still waiting for PPR... lol hopefully tomorrow before the long weekend. What time in the day you got PPR? also where do you live? (I live in ny)

sandy2024

Jun 30, 2017

Applied for Mom. Nepalese Citizen visiting us in San Francisco (we are US citizens)

1 June 2017 - Online Application Transmission
3 June 2017 - Submission Confirmation
5 June 2017 - Your Application has been updated - awaiting final decision
30 June 2017 - No Updates in Online - still waiting

The LA consulate replied to our enquiry saying that her application is being processed in New Delhi. The New Delhi consulate did not respond to our several enquiries. We are travelling on July 28th for 1 week to Canada and am now worried that we won't get it on time.

Cyclist100

Jun 14, 2017
Any ideas how long does Islamabad visa office take to stamp passport? Timeline:
Applied online: June 14
Biometrics letter: June 16
Biometrics completed: June 19
Passport request letter: July 3
Passport submitted: July 4 (Lahore)

sandy2024

Jun 30, 2017

Applied for Mom. Nepalese Citizen visiting us in San Francisco (we are US citizens)

1 June 2017 - Online Application Transmission
3 June 2017 - Submission Confirmation
5 June 2017 - Your Application has been updated - awaiting final decision
30 June 2017 - No Updates in Online - still waiting

The LA consulate replied to our enquiry saying that her application is being processed in New Delhi. The New Delhi consulate did not respond to our several enquiries. We are travelling on July 28th for 1 week to Canada and am now worried that we won't get it on time.
30th June - Application Approved - asked to submit passport
1st July - submitted passport
5th July - Passport delivered to VAC in Los Angeles
11th July - no updates from VAC in Los Angeles (spoke on phone - no updates yet)

waru

Jul 11, 2017
How long does it takes to get Canadian tourist visa?

Indian citizen studying in US.
1st June 2017: applied online
19th June 2017: personally submitted passport to VAC (NY)
11th July 2017: still awaiting for the response.

sureshkaushik

Jul 17, 2017
How long does it takes to get Canadian tourist visa?

Indian citizen studying in US.
1st June 2017: applied online
19th June 2017: personally submitted passport to VAC (NY)
11th July 2017: still awaiting for the response.
Did you get any response? I submitted passport through mail and it got delivered on July 7th. Still no response.

waru

Jul 11, 2017
Did you get any response? I submitted passport through mail and it got delivered on July 7th. Still no response.
I must say that their system is bit lazy and rude in handling customer's passport. They even don't bother to email you regarding your approval status nor they respond you quickly about your queries through email or on phone call.

Yesterday (i.e. 18th July), I went personally for canceling my tourist visa as I was frustrated waiting for almost a month. When I showed my receipt at the VAC office NY counter, they said that my visa is stamped. Hearing this I was so shocked and angry at the same time. They had my passport stamped for visa for a very long time and they didn't bother to email me and whenever you call at VAC NY they keep on saying its under consideration. Atleast they should check it personally at their office instead on simply checking on website and informing our status. We already know whats there on website, we, customer only want to know why that visa status is not updating quickly or what has happened to our passport. Moreover, one strange thing, my visa starting date is 12th June (this date is when I got mail message saying a decision has been made and now I need to submit your passport to VAC) and I handed over my passport to VAC on 19th June.

@sureshkaushik, for you I can say you go personally to the nearest VAC office (NY/LA) talk to them instead of sitting at home and checking on website or calling them. I feel that they take customers very lightly and that nobody will raise their voice against their poor management.

Reactions: sureshkaushik

sureshkaushik

Jul 17, 2017
I must say that their system is bit lazy and rude in handling customer's passport. They even don't bother to email you regarding your approval status nor they respond you quickly about your queries through email or on phone call.

Yesterday (i.e. 18th July), I went personally for canceling my tourist visa as I was frustrated waiting for almost a month. When I showed my receipt at the VAC office NY counter, they said that my visa is stamped. Hearing this I was so shocked and angry at the same time. They had my passport stamped for visa for a very long time and they didn't bother to email me and whenever you call at VAC NY they keep on saying its under consideration. Atleast they should check it personally at their office instead on simply checking on website and informing our status. We already know whats there on website, we, customer only want to know why that visa status is not updating quickly or what has happened to our passport. Moreover, one strange thing, my visa starting date is 12th June (this date is when I got mail message saying a decision has been made and now I need to submit your passport to VAC) and I handed over my passport to VAC on 19th June.

@sureshkaushik, for you I can say you go personally to the nearest VAC office (NY/LA) talk to them instead of sitting at home and checking on website or calling them. I feel that they take customers very lightly and that nobody will raise their voice against their poor management.
I agree with you on their slow response, I have called them a few times and after so many times telling me "we haven't received your package yet" which was very scary for me, they finally yesterday told me that they have very high volume of applications... and they will send the tracking details very soon. I will try to go in person instead after waiting for a few days more. Thanks for your response.

sureshkaushik

Jul 17, 2017

By the way, did you ever get a tracking number from them after submitting your passport?

AKayy17

Jul 19, 2017
Hi! I'm facing a similar issue. It's been over two weeks since I sent my passport to CPP-Ottawa, I sent it on the 3rd of July and they received it on the 5th of July. I received a notification on the 14th of July that my application has been approved (visa has been granted/stamped). It's been 6 days now and they haven't dispatched my passport yet. Any suggestions on what I can do? Hoping to travel out of the country this weekend.

ben_viv

Jul 19, 2017
Hi! I'm facing a similar issue. It's been over two weeks since I sent my passport to CPP-Ottawa, I sent it on the 3rd of July and they received it on the 5th of July. I received a notification on the 14th of July that my application has been approved (visa has been granted/stamped). It's been 6 days now and they haven't dispatched my passport yet. Any suggestions on what I can do? Hoping to travel out of the country this weekend.
Hi! I'm in the same situation. I sent my passport to CPP-Ottawa on July 4th and they received it on July 6th. My application was approved and closed on July 15th. I haven't received my passport yet. Unfortunately, I forgot to keep the tracking number of the Xpresspost. I'm kinda afraid of them losing my passport. Please share the time when they dispatch your passport! Thanks a lot!

AKayy17

Jul 19, 2017
Hi! I'm in the same situation. I sent my passport to CPP-Ottawa on July 4th and they received it on July 6th. My application was approved and closed on July 15th. I haven't received my passport yet. Unfortunately, I forgot to keep the tracking number of the Xpresspost. I'm kinda afraid of them losing my passport. Please share the time when they dispatch your passport! Thanks a lot!
I called them today and they said that they have dispatched it yesterday, however, I did not receive it today. so it is likely that they shipped it after the cut-off time. hoping to receive it by tomorrow.
You can contact them on their helpline number (1-888-242-2100) and request an update. Alternatively, if u have the receipt from Canada Post, the tracking numbers are mentioned on that as well.