Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
terminated in regard to 'Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act,
jfalvitez said:
Is't neccesary always the interview for the visa of student??? or only in some case you could be invited for interview???
I do not know other countries. In my country, it is common to have an interview when applying a study permit.

Some experience say that sometimes, if there are no additional information needed, you could get answer directly if you pass the process after the interview and the only next step will stop you is your health condition.

So, it should be not a big deal. We have already expected the interview call. It is better than just get rejection letter, isn't it?

spoiltz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
I finally applied via VFS in Delhi, and not online. Now, i got a receipt kinda thingy, through which i can trace my application, but i was told i will receive an email as well. Till now its been 24 hrs , no email from vfs or CHC ...... did something go wrong? Or i am just worrying without any cause?

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
spoiltz said:
I finally applied via VFS in Delhi, and not online. Now, i got a receipt kinda thingy, through which i can trace my application, but i was told i will receive an email as well. Till now its been 24 hrs , no email from vfs or CHC ...... did something go wrong? Or i am just worrying without any cause?
In our case, since we apply online, we directly get email from CIC. It was confirmation generated by machine regarding our submission and application number.

In your case, VFS need to work with your document, such as scan it and enter your data to the CIC system, before send the hard copy together with others to VO. So, give VFS 2-3 days from the date you handover the documents. It should be no problem.

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
Have you been asked for medical yet?

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
what did they asked in the interview???

sweet jelly

Dec 17, 2010
belitang said:
In our case, since we apply online, we directly get email from CIC. It was confirmation generated by machine regarding our submission and application number.

In your case, VFS need to work with your document, such as scan it and enter your data to the CIC system, before send the hard copy together with others to VO. So, give VFS 2-3 days from the date you handover the documents. It should be no problem.
Do you have Client ID number? Is having a client ID number normal or is it a positive sign? Your wife receive email after 1 working day to go for an interview? Do you have request for medical?

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
dipta said:
Have you been asked for medical yet?
No, we have not yet gotten the MR. Learning from previous experiences, the MR would be given to applicants after they attended the interview. So, it is normal for Indonesian applicants. In contrary, I have not found an Indonesian applicant without an interview. It is why processing time in Indonesia takes 4-5 weeks, more than twice compare to India which takes only 2 weeks.

moneywater said:
what did they asked in the interview???
my wife interview is scheduled in next week. I think that they give us some time to prepare additional documents, i.e. related to my business. So, could not share any thing regarding the interview for now.

sweet jelly said:
Do you have Client ID number? Is having a client ID number normal or is it a positive sign? Your wife receive email after 1 working day to go for an interview? Do you have request for medical?
Yes, we directly got email that show the application number for each applicants (we are 5 people). I think, we must get an application number. It is a proof that we have applied and will be need for communicating with VO.

Some previous experiences show that after the interview we will get a signal either we have satisfy the VO or not. If they take our passport and give as a form for medical exam then we have a positive sign. In contrary, if they do not take our passports and only say that they will inform us later then it would a negative sign that they are possibly rejecting our application.

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
already submitted with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
though may sound stupid, but, ALL the documents SCANNED being uploaded are COPY?

and that's it?

i mean, bank statement, bank certificate..... those are huge number of pages / files.... limitation on uploading?

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
tomsware said:
though may sound stupid, but, ALL the documents SCANNED being uploaded are COPY?

and that's it?

i mean, bank statement, bank certificate..... those are huge number of pages / files.... limitation on uploading?
You must scan from the original, except the application form IMM1294E. The application form must be filled using adobe reader program. Don't forget to click validate button on the document and save it as PDF. It does not need to sign on the document, you will be asked to sign (electronic approval) when you push "submit button" on the online website. Notes: the submit button will not appear if all required documents have not been uploaded.

Regarding bank statement, I use internet banking, so I only download PDF file of monthly statement from my bank website then upload it to online application website.

So, practically, we only scan passports, acceptance letter from the university, married certificates, and IMM5713E form (Family Member Representation form; I need to sign and list all my children on this document since I applied to open work permit and my children applied for open study permit together with my wife's application).

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
thanks a lot man...

i am getting confidece from you on applying online... as i though of applying through paper....

is it ok if i upload more documents as might feel them good about my application? like my copy of certificates, ielts score etc?

and for the validated application, i though i need to validate and then the print out of the validated one and then sign it and then again scan it (with signature there) and then again upload it...

and other visa applicatin forms? shall i take printout and sign and then scan and upload?

thanks a lot again.

btw, their is a requirement of photographs... what will happen to that?

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
tomsware said:
is it ok if i upload more documents as might feel them good about my application? like my copy of certificates, ielts score etc?
Yes, you can attach it on your letter of explanation. My wife did it with her references. It was not required to attach a reference, but we think that it will good to explain that she have some experience in the program she taken and attached supporting reference from her employer. You should create a story that relate to your supporting documents.

tomsware said:
and for the validated application, i though i need to validate and then the print out of the validated one and then sign it and then again scan it (with signature there) and then again upload it...
No, don't print the form. If you upload a scanned form, you will get an error. The system will recognize the form to capture the contents. If you scan a document, it become a picture, hence the system can not do the recognizing. You will no need to sign the form, the system will ask a digital sign when you click submit button (it will be appeared after you upload all required documents).

tomsware said:
and other visa applicatin forms? shall i take printout and sign and then scan and upload?
Yes, other forms should be printed and signed before uploaded to the website. In our case, we don't print family information form, we only fill it using adobe reader and save as pdf, then just upload it to the system without sign it. But, the family representation form must be printed and signed before uploaded to the system. You may not require the family representation form if there is no wife or children accompany you.

tomsware said:
btw, their is a requirement of photographs... what will happen to that?
We take a digital photographs, so we upload as jpeg files.

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
thanks a lot for your kind reply.

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
jfalvitez said:
Is't neccesary always the interview for the visa of student??? or only in some case you could be invited for interview???
In my country, applicants normally attended an interview. But, I saw that interview was only for some cases in India.

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
Does anyone know that payment by virtual card accepted by CIC for study permit?

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
dipta said:
Does anyone know that payment by virtual card accepted by CIC for study permit?
Online application can accept Visa and Master card.