28-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
Hi,

I am planning to apply for visa, in a week's time. But i am confused that whether it is better to apply online, or i should go to VISA office to submit my application?
Does applying online makes any difference in processing times etc? If i apply online, how am i supposed to send my passport, to get visa stamped(if i get visa)??
One more thing, will i have to get all my documents notarized, before submitting online/offline application?
I would really like some suggestions, which can help me.

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
terminated in regard to 'Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act,
spoiltz said:
Hi,

I am planning to apply for visa, in a week's time. But i am confused that whether it is better to apply online, or i should go to VISA office to submit my application?
Does applying online makes any difference in processing times etc? If i apply online, how am i supposed to send my passport, to get visa stamped(if i get visa)??
One more thing, will i have to get all my documents notarized, before submitting online/offline application?
I would really like some suggestions, which can help me.
Just share my wife experience applying online. It is very easy to apply online since there is no request for notarized copy. You only need to scan all your original documents (except the application forms, you need to fill and validate then save as pdf file) and upload to the website.

Regarding the passport, regardless you apply online or paper base, if CIC approve your study permit request, they will ask you to send your passport to Canada Visa Office in your country for entry visa (not the study permit) stamp. You will get study permit approval letter together with your entry visa, but the study visa will be issued at the Canada border when you landing.

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
How much time did it take to get your wife's study visa?

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
dipta said:
How much time did it take to get your wife's study visa?
My wife has not yet got the visa.

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
belitang said:
My wife has not yet got the visa.
Thank you for your reply.

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
She applied about two or three days ago. The VO would be in Indonesia.

Actually she had started the online application process since last month, however there was a missing document, i.e. my job reference (I am applying open job permit together with her study permit).

So, I encourage who plan to applied online to start the process as soon as possible. The system give us 2 month before we submit final application. A benefit when we apply soon is we can get actual list of required documents, particularly if you have family that will accompany you.

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
My wife has an acceptance letter to study a Master's Degree, now we want to apply for the visa her stydy permit and my open work permit, but i don't know which is better, quicky and easiest, applying online or applying directly (papers) to my visa office??? Pleas help me, i want to know especially about processing times. thanks.

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
jfalvitez said:
My wife has an acceptance letter to study a Master's Degree, now we want to apply for the visa her stydy permit and my open work permit, but i don't know which is better, quicky and easiest, applying online or applying directly (papers) to my visa office??? Pleas help me, i want to know especially about processing times. thanks.
In my opinion, the processing time deference on the VO would not so significant. You will only save entry queuing time, since online application will directly go to CIC system while paper based application would need visa officer (or third party) to enter your data to the system. While, the other process would not difference between online and paper based.

However, you can save following processing time in your part by applying online:
- No need to prepare notarized copy of your documents, particularly passport (identities), married certificate, reference letter, some additional documents required for specific country
- No payment processing time (paper based application need you to issue bank draft, while online application can use credit card)
- No mailing time (paper based application need you to send your documents copy by mail)

Anyway, you mentioned that you would apply open job permit. If you decided to apply online, the system will request three additional documents which required by normal job permit but not required by open job permit. To solve this, I attached blank document with description that I applied for open job permit that not required such document. Then, on my wife letter of explanation, we explained the problem and the purposed of the blank document. You will face the same issue if you apply open study permit for your kids. The system request acceptance letter for your kids which is not required by open study permit.

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Today my wife got call from VO for interview. It's amazing how fast the process. And, as expected, they ask my wife to bring all original documents to show them during the interview.

hafm

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Hey belitang ,,,when did your wife apply and what is the average processing time if you apply through the visa office in your country of residence?

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
hafm said:
Hey belitang ,,,when did your wife apply and what is the average processing time if you apply through the visa office in your country of residence?
She applied last Saturday. Since yesterday was holiday here, it means VO started processing the application in only 1 working day. Other previous experience shown that the calling for interview need a week from sending the application. So, I think there is saving time about 4 working days if we apply online. It is about 20-25% of normal processing time (not include preparation of notarized copy and issuing bank draft).

Common processing time in my country for the study permit, as published by the VO website, is 4-5 weeks. It was total processing time from receipt the application until issued the study permit. It will take longer time if there is a complication on the application, such as missing/additional documents requested or medical result problem. In my wife case they requested additional proof of my business contract (I have cooperation agreement with my friend in a running project).

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
Did your wife apply under SPP or general.

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
belitang said:
Today my wife got call from VO for interview. It's amazing how fast the process. And, as expected, they ask my wife to bring all original documents to show them during the interview.
Is't neccesary always the interview for the visa of student??? or only in some case you could be invited for interview???