+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
PND said:
Thanks Smallduck ... Can someone confirm for sure that there is no fees to pay while entering through road for PR cards. In the website it is asking to pay $50 online per person ?
PND,

We don't need to pay anything for our PR cards everything is included in the RPRF which you already paid.

I wish you all the best for your safe landing and please share your AVR experience.

Thanks

PND

Star Member
Jul 22, 2009
What kind of Proof of funds we need to show at port of entry ? Will the bank documents work or do we need to show cash ?

jang

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
PND said:
What kind of Proof of funds we need to show at port of entry ? Will the bank documents work or do we need to show cash ?
Read this thread....you will get all answers for POF

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-landing-funds-t39318.0.html

PND

Star Member
Jul 22, 2009
Thanks Jang ! that helps... hope you are doing well... regrading the PR card fees looks like I am covered with RPRF ?

PND

Star Member
Jul 22, 2009
As I am going with my wife, I need to have at least 13K CAD to show as proof of funds in the port of entry. In this case as it is more than 10K do I have to fill form E667 ?

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-01-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
File Transfer...
03-08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-05-2011
Hi guys,so finally it's all done,completed my ppr n landing the same day,ino i shud
had posted this info much before but can't stop partying till date :p , have been drinking crazily with frnds,,,
anyways all was done fine,,went to detroit persoanlly,was in dere office first thing in the morning,i thot i wudn't get the passport
same day but did end up finishing it all ,they recalled me at 2pm after submission of pp at 9am,had to spent almost 5 hours sleeping
on detroit riverside on a bench :) n was so restless all along...
but finally got in at 2pm,they gave me all the stuff with a smile n a greet saying welcome to canada :D
then finally landed by road from detroit border at 10 pm n officially on 26th may 2011,10 pm onwards i became a permanent resident of canada...
3 days after can't still stop partying... honestly my brain still doesn't feel n realize that yes iam a permanent part of this country now,lols
but i think slowly will get use to it..it been a great pleasure reading on this forum...hope to continue to read it that interest me a lot....
n now will try my best to answer any query ppl wud ask me...

thanks a lot ..

PND

Star Member
Jul 22, 2009
Dear all,

We (me and my wife) have completed my landing today by road through Minnesota-Ontario border and the experience was wonderful. Here is the experience -

1) We entered in Canada at 3pm and stopped at the toll. The officer asked us about 1) Our purpose of visit 2) How long we are going to stay in Canada 3) What belongings we have. Then they gave a yellow slip and asked us to park our car in their immigration office. We were having a rental car.

2) We went inside the immigration counter with our docs and submitted the B4/B4A form for our belongings (we didn't had much though). The officer was very helpful and was asking few questions regarding our visit. They have asked for our COPR form and then gave us the kit for "Welcome to Canada".

3) We were carrying 7000 USD each and declared the same to the immigration personals.

4) They have given us the copy of COPR back and mentioned that the PR card will be mailed to the address in 30-60 days. I have provided my friend's address at Toronto, They welcomed us and guided us for the road directions once we are done.

We spent copule of hours in the canadian town and returned to US the same day.

Return to US -

1) The US border officers have asked the same set of questions regarding our job and purpose of visti to Canada.

2) We used AVR (Automatic validation rule) as my wife H1 visa was not stamped but she had her I-797 and I-94 valid.

3) They have asked us to show to the letter from Company who filed H1 and we showed the salary slips as well.

4) After going through all the docs they gave us a new I-94 and we were successfully able to back in US.

The whole experience was smooth. I want to thank all the people in this forum as they were helpful in bringing us to this stage. Now we are back to work in US and will plan to go back to Canada after receiving the PR cards.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
Grear PND, I would imagine doing the same thing to you :). I will be staying few days in Canada and being back to US right away. You haven't mentioned about the proof of funding. I guess 7k CAD in cash and bank statement right.

SD

PND said:
Dear all,

We (me and my wife) have completed my landing today by road through Minnesota-Ontario border and the experience was wonderful. Here is the experience -

1) We entered in Canada at 3pm and stopped at the toll. The officer asked us about 1) Our purpose of visit 2) How long we are going to stay in Canada 3) What belongings we have. Then they gave a yellow slip and asked us to park our car in their immigration office. We were having a rental car.

2) We went inside the immigration counter with our docs and submitted the B4/B4A form for our belongings (we didn't had much though). The officer was very helpful and was asking few questions regarding our visit. They have asked for our COPR form and then gave us the kit for "Welcome to Canada".

3) We were carrying 7000 USD each and declared the same to the immigration personals.

4) They have given us the copy of COPR back and mentioned that the PR card will be mailed to the address in 30-60 days. I have provided my friend's address at Toronto, They welcomed us and guided us for the road directions once we are done.

Return to US -

1) The US border officers have asked the same set of questions regarding our job and purpose of visti to Canada.

2) We used AVR (Automatic validation rule) as my wife H1 visa was not stamped but she had her I-797 and I-94 valid.

3) They have asked us to show to the letter from Company who filed H1 and we showed the salary slips as well.

4) After going through all the docs they gave us a new I-94 and we were successfully able to back in US.

The whole experience was smooth. I want to thank all the people in this forum as they were helpful in bringing us to this stage. Now we are back to work in US and will plan to go back to Canada after receiving the PR cards.

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Aug 18, 2010 to LA office
Med's Request
On Sep 30, e-cas "IN PROCESS" since Sep 22
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
One think I want to share that be careful about the photograph you submit with your passport to local visa offices once you get your PPR. In case if your photo is not good enough, PR card processing will take another 3-5 more months than the usual. They will forward your file to the local immigration office near your address in Canada around after 1-1.5 months of your landing. The local office will send you an e-mail asking for new photo with proper instructions after crazy 11 weeks once they receive your file. Then you can wait anxiously that this picture will not be rejected either.
I landed on March 26 and my wife on March 28. She received her card on the first week of May. I did not received mine because of photo issues. They said that they had transferred my file to local office on May 10 and I can expect to get a request to resend my photo to the local office after 11 weeks from May 10, which is last week of July (insane!!!!). Then again how long it takes to process the card, only God knows. Hope this will help somebody.

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Sorry to hear that Twilight but at least you are already a PR compare to us that are still waiting for the MR...

Hope your PR card process will be quicker than the time frame they told you... ;)

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!

Anne55

Twilight871 said:
One think I want to share that be careful about the photograph you submit with your passport to local visa offices once you get your PPR. In case if your photo is not good enough, PR card processing will take another 3-5 more months than the usual. They will forward your file to the local immigration office near your address in Canada around after 1-1.5 months of your landing. The local office will send you an e-mail asking for new photo with proper instructions after crazy 11 weeks once they receive your file. Then you can wait anxiously that this picture will not be rejected either.
I landed on March 26 and my wife on March 28. She received her card on the first week of May. I did not received mine because of photo issues. They said that they had transferred my file to local office on May 10 and I can expect to get a request to resend my photo to the local office after 11 weeks from May 10, which is last week of July (insane!!!!). Then again how long it takes to process the card, only God knows. Hope this will help somebody.

PND

Star Member
Jul 22, 2009
Yes SD, I was carrying USD 7K each cashiers check and bank statements. They have just asked for the money I was carrying. They didn't ask for the bank statements.

Twilight,

We have not submitted the new photos as the Officer mentioned that the photo submitted at the time of initial PR application is fine. In that case my photo will also be with the old specifications. are you in canada to follow up with the local office.

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Aug 18, 2010 to LA office
Med's Request
On Sep 30, e-cas "IN PROCESS" since Sep 22
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
PND: yes, I am. I will follow you up with this issues. I am not in a rush until August, lets see.

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-10-2010 to LA(in-process 19-04-2011)Rejection letter on 7 June2011
Congratulations for ur smooth landing torontonian2010 :)
All the very Best for all ur future plans :)

Regards
pearl2010

torontonian2010 said:
Hi guys,so finally it's all done,completed my ppr n landing the same day,ino i shud
had posted this info much before but can't stop partying till date :p , have been drinking crazily with frnds,,,
anyways all was done fine,,went to detroit persoanlly,was in dere office first thing in the morning,i thot i wudn't get the passport
same day but did end up finishing it all ,they recalled me at 2pm after submission of pp at 9am,had to spent almost 5 hours sleeping
on detroit riverside on a bench :) n was so restless all along...
but finally got in at 2pm,they gave me all the stuff with a smile n a greet saying welcome to canada :D
then finally landed by road from detroit border at 10 pm n officially on 26th may 2011,10 pm onwards i became a permanent resident of canada...
3 days after can't still stop partying... honestly my brain still doesn't feel n realize that yes iam a permanent part of this country now,lols
but i think slowly will get use to it..it been a great pleasure reading on this forum...hope to continue to read it that interest me a lot....
n now will try my best to answer any query ppl wud ask me...

thanks a lot ..

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-10-2010 to LA(in-process 19-04-2011)Rejection letter on 7 June2011
Congratulations PND:)
All the Best.

Regards
pearl2010
PND said:
Dear all,

Return to US -