+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallduck said:
Hey guys, thought you guys want to know that I received my stamped passport with CPR here last Saturday, it took sometimes, but not too long and the Visa will be expired Sep 2011 as expected
Good going, congrats!! So, are you heading there immediately and for good OR will you land and review your options for some time before making the final move?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yogireddy said:
Got my Passport back with the Maple Leaf today will start preparing for my landing will update once the landing is complete.
Woohoo, one more !! Congrats !!! What are your plans after landing?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreaming of canada said:
Hello
Garian will try to answer a few of your?? For you. You can get a bank draft in US dollars we did with no issues to prove funds. As for the SIN card you do not need actual card. When you go to apply for card they print out right then a paper that they will sign and it has your number on it. That along with your COPR and passport should be fine as far as job goes. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your US credit report means nothing here. They could care less! As for cell phone Internet they want your SIN and it will come back that you will have to pay a deposit or have a cap on usage. And cell plans here suck! (I have ranted more than once on here about that). We wound up keeping our plan from the states and we went with Bell satellite and Internet is a box you can take anywhere that it can hit a tower. Your price depends on usage. You buy the box. Apts probably depends if you can give references it would help. As for shipping not sure how that would work. We did ABF U pack cube. We had to go to customs to clear it and the paperwork had to be given to ABF before we could take our things. They did not search it. There are good things about Canada and bad. US credit may not mean anything here but I do know that IMO that it is easier to build credit here then US. We have been here just under 6 months and credit score is almost 700. A lot has to do with my husband purchasing a vehicle here. You can qualify for a secured capital one card and it's optional to put SIN but why would you not want to as that too builds credit here. Also expect to pay deposits on utilities here too. We had to pay 200 for electric and 200 for gas. They said once you pay for a yr you can call and get your deposit back. When you open bank account you need your passport/COPR although the bank came up as an inquiry on the credit report. We keep comparing here to US to me there is no comparison and it will take some time to get used to it here. Good luck to you!
Wow, you covered almost all questions that were passing my mind. Well, I did complete landing by road at a Canadian border post. I only took my US bank statements. They never asked for my Proof of funds. I did apply for the SIN and immediately got one just like you mentioned, the actual card to follow in 10-15 business days. But, I immediately turned back to the US. I wiil go back in the 1st week of June. So, all the next things that you mentioned would be of importance to me. I heard too that people who went from the US, got frustrated in Canada after seeing the facilities and prices, but I would still say that Canada did offer the visa option which USA didn't to many like us. So, it maybe worth it. I do have a question - you said that for cellphone you kept a plan from the US. What do you mean? Is it cheaper than buying something from Canada? How can that be? We would always be on international roaming !!! So, please suggest the top 2 cellphone service provides that we should go for? Same for internet, please suggest... Don't they have providers there who give like 3-in-one packages? Like Verizon or Comcast does in the US. Regarding the vehicle, do I have to buy a new vehicle to build up credit history or can it be an used vehicle?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontonian2010 said:
WAHEGURU TERA SHUKAR HAI
OMG,,K GUYS HERE YOU GO

I JUST GOT PASSPORT REQUEST,
N I'LL BE VISITING THEM PERSONALLY NEXT WEEK

I STILL DON'T BELEIVE IT,JUST PICKED THE EMAIL FROM MY CONSTULTANT.

I DON'T KNOW WHO ALL TO THANK FOR IT
A BIG LIST INCLUDES,PROFESSIONAL-MARK-ANNE-GARIAN-DANHASS-ELAR-LIST GOES MUCH LONGER
FORGIVE ME IF I FORGOT ANY NAME,
IT'S BEEN A LONG JOURNEY WITH CANADAVISA.COM AND EVERYONE FROM THIS FORUM....

ALL I LEARNT IN THIS PRCOCESS WAS "NEVER SAY NEVER"
THANKS GOD FOR THIS DAY :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
All this days, the one news I had been waiting eagerly upon was this news from you torontonian. A Big congrats!!! When do you plan to take next steps? Stay in touch mate!

dreaming of canada

Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Garian,
We had cellphone service through AT&T. We did sign up for Telus initially but what a hassle. They wanted deposits for both phones Plus they had no plan for calling the US at least to our satisfaction! They asked how many mins you think you would be calling and for up to those mins it's this rate then if you go over it's I can't remember what rate it was but it was crazy expensive! So when my husband went to cancel US plan AT&T said why not stay with us and switch to the north American plan. We have 2 phones can call US with no extra charges. This goes for Canada as well. It beats anything that Canada has to offer! No rollover mins here where as with AT&T we have that. 80 dollars per mo for 2phones. If your with AT&T already it's worth checking into. We don't have extras though no texts or anything like that but it's our choice I am sure you could get it if you wanted it. As for the vehicle if your financing it then I would think it would go on your credit. Even if you went and financed a used car at dealership I would think they would still report? I was shocked how quick his score went up. Higher than mine in USA and I have lived there my entire life Lol. Your going to notice a lot of differences here I know I sure do and it's very hard to not compare and say US is better or has better BUT this country as you said is giving people chances by issuing PR and has a very simplified immigration process compared to US. It took a year and 1month from start to end and the US takes years and years with what seems no end in sight. We were just tired of waiting! In the future it's going to be it's biggest downfall while countries like Canada are continuing to grow.

PND

Star Member
Jul 22, 2009
Hi garian, seems like you entered through Road border. I am planning to enter next week through Road as well. Can you please tell me if you had to show supplementary form 5445 mentioned in the website at the time if entry. I am planning to return to us after 2-3 days only. Please let me know what different docs they have asked. Thanks for your help.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
garian4u said:
Good going, congrats!! So, are you heading there immediately and for good OR will you land and review your options for some time before making the final move?
haha, thanks man. I'm preparing the 2 lists (and you know what I mean :p). I still have some things needs to be taken care of here in US and I will be heading North for good sometimes next year.
I'm planning to drive there for landing however I smell some difficulties cause by driving own car, coming to US and import the exact same car 6 months later. Keep in touch man ;).

jang

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
All,

I did my landing last week at Coutts, AB and wanted to update you all about the process. It was smooth. We flew in to Montana and drove from there to cross the border in a rental car. The lady at the check post asked a few questions like why are you here, is this your car, do you have money more than 10k and then asked us to pull in to the parking lot and contact immigrations inside the building.

The immigration guy was also friendly and filled in all the necessary paper work, he did not ask many questions. After stapling the COPR copy to our passports, he directed us to the customs counter.

Here we declared all the items we carried, items to follow (a pre prepared list with value of each will help you a lot), money carried (we took a USD cashier's check). Everything went on smooth. After everything we made a U turn and entered back in to US.

I thank each and everyone in this forum for helping us and answering every question I posted. I wish good luck to all waiting for good news in their qwest to becoming a Canadian.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
jang said:
All,

I did my landing last week at Coutts, AB and wanted to update you all about the process. It was smooth. We flew in to Montana and drove from there to cross the border in a rental car. The lady at the check post asked a few questions like why are you here, is this your car, do you have money more than 10k and then asked us to pull in to the parking lot and contact immigrations inside the building.

The immigration guy was also friendly and filled in all the necessary paper work, he did not ask many questions. After stapling the COPR copy to our passports, he directed us to the customs counter.

Here we declared all the items we carried, items to follow (a pre prepared list with value of each will help you a lot), money carried (we took a USD cashier's check). Everything went on smooth. After everything we made a U turn and entered back in to US.

I thank each and everyone in this forum for helping us and answering every question I posted. I wish good luck to all waiting for good news in their qwest to becoming a Canadian.
That was great and really smooth experience, jang. Congrats being an PR status now ;). I'm little concern about the goods to follow list, could it be changed sometimes later (I want to buy a new car before moving up North but I couldn't buy it now). let me know if you have any idea then
Thanks,

SD

jang

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
smallduck said:
That was great and really smooth experience, jang. Congrats being an PR status now ;). I'm little concern about the goods to follow list, could it be changed sometimes later (I want to buy a new car before moving up North but I couldn't buy it now). let me know if you have any idea then
Thanks,

SD
Thanks smallduck.

The customs officer told that the list can not be changed for any reason. I quote "This is your one and only opportunity to declare any item and import it any time, even in installments without duty/tax"

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
jang said:
Thanks smallduck.

The customs officer told that the list can not be changed for any reason. I quote "This is your one and only opportunity to declare any item and import it any time, even in installments without duty/tax"
So I guess I have to over estimate what I will bring in the next few months ;)
Thanks,

SD

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-10-2010 to LA(in-process 19-04-2011)Rejection letter on 7 June2011
nice to hear from u jang :) Congratulations for the smooth landing process :)
All the Best

Regards
pearl2010

jang said:
All,

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
Hi Guys!!!

Great news!!! just received my passport request from Buffalo!!!! after a long wait finally came through. I'm planning to go this Thursday early morning.

Just two questions:

1. Do you need to apply for the PR card in other place? or it'll get to my address in Canada directly?
2. Does anyone have any experience in landing within category FSW2?

Thanks a lot for your support guys! This forum has been really helpful...

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
ELAR said:
Hi Guys!!!

Great news!!! just received my passport request from Buffalo!!!! after a long wait finally came through. I'm planning to go this Thursday early morning.

Just two questions:

1. Do you need to apply for the PR card in other place? or it'll get to my address in Canada directly?
2. Does anyone have any experience in landing within category FSW2?

Thanks a lot for your support guys! This forum has been really helpful...
Congrats ELAR, too many good news in the last several weeks!!!

PND

Star Member
Jul 22, 2009
Great Jang ! Congrats for the smooth landing. I am in the same boat. So were you able to apply for PR cards at the same day. what did you say when they asked about how long you are planning to stay in Canada ? What address have you give for the PR cards.