+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-10-2010 to LA(in-process 19-04-2011)Rejection letter on 7 June2011
hi pradeepkumar_v,

It depends,sometimes they reply within a day,might take few weeks, even months, most of the time standard replies and sometimes u never hear from them ;D

I never used case specific inquiry.I emailed them to know my status and got the reply the very next day,but it was LA office and not Buffalo :-X

All the Best
Regards
pearl2010
pradeepkumar_v said:
Hi Guys,

Does any one know how long does take to reply for "Case specific enquiry"?..

Is it best to contact visa buffalo's email or case specific enquiry?.

Thanks,

Pradeep

S

shahadat109

Hello,

I have sent an followup email on 11 of this month and in return today i got an email request for my passport submission along with fees. It took me around 65 weeks since Buffalo vo acknowledged my full package.

My application was FSW Sydney NS>>Buffalo.

everyone who are on the same boat like me please dont loose hope. I think as they mentioned 17 months, they will actually try to get it done within the time period.

Now, can some one help me with below query please:

what address should i use for sending the draft for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)??

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Shahadat.

So you are in FSW1 categorey.Who decides which categorey you are.Do you need to send your renewed work permit or job continuation letter every time to them.
As i initially filled my application and at that time my wp/job was for two years but now i am in continuation till 2014 and recently i got my workpermit renewed so how could my application could be affected.

Comments plz

S

shahadat109 said:
Hello,

I have sent an followup email on 11 of this month and in return today i got an email request for my passport submission along with fees. It took me around 65 weeks since Buffalo vo acknowledged my full package.

My application was FSW Sydney NS>>Buffalo.

everyone who are on the same boat like me please dont loose hope. I think as they mentioned 17 months, they will actually try to get it done within the time period.

Now, can some one help me with below query please:

what address should i use for sending the draft for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)??

S

shahadat109

Hi Simp,

I was on a post graduate work permit which is diffiernt from the work permit you have i guess. I had my work permit initially for 3 years hence, I didnt need to extend or resubmit. However, what i have done was, after changing my employer, i have sent Buffalo vo with my updated work experience letter, offer letter, tax slip etc.

I cant say was it help ful or not but I wanted to keep my profile updated..2014 is long time. for sure you will be getting your PR by then..haha..hope this helps.

Simp said:
Congrats Shahadat.

So you are in FSW1 categorey.Who decides which categorey you are.Do you need to send your renewed work permit or job continuation letter every time to them.
As i initially filled my application and at that time my wp/job was for two years but now i am in continuation till 2014 and recently i got my workpermit renewed so how could my application could be affected.

Comments plz

S

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot

S

shahadat109 said:
Hi Simp,

I was on a post graduate work permit which is diffiernt from the work permit you have i guess. I had my work permit initially for 3 years hence, I didnt need to extend or resubmit. However, what i have done was, after changing my employer, i have sent Buffalo vo with my updated work experience letter, offer letter, tax slip etc.

I cant say was it help ful or not but I wanted to keep my profile updated..2014 is long time. for sure you will be getting your PR by then..haha..hope this helps.

yogireddy

Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUffalo NY Transfered to LA
NOC Code......
NOC 0213
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-27-2009
Doc's Request.
05-21-2009
AOR Received.
10-29-2009
File Transfer...
04-22-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-19-2010 (Received 07-03-2010 As per Fedex)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2011
LANDED..........
06-11-2011
Got my Passport back with the Maple Leaf today will start preparing for my landing will update once the landing is complete.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where do you find the classification of FSW types and if processing depends upon FSW type ?I assume we dont write FSW category when we file the application or VO puts you in the category itself ?
And another thing is if AEO is needed for the person working in 29 list of occupations issued by ministry.If AEO makes any difference in case if you are already working in canada in the profession listed in 29 categories and is in process of continuation.I have been here since aug 2008.

Thanks

S

Simp said:
Thanks a lot

S

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
Congratulations yogireddy :)
All the very best for ur landing preparations.

Regards
pearl2010
yogireddy said:
Got my Passport back with the Maple Leaf today will start preparing for my landing will update once the landing is complete.

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
Hi Simp,

You can find the FSW classifications in below CIC link,scroll down and see near 'Application Category'
In this link u will be able to see only 2 categories,one category was eliminated post june2010

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp

During the time we had applied,that was under 38 Occupations list,there were 3 Categories and was classified as follows:

Category 1: For persons in an occupation which corresponds to the list of occupations identified in
the Ministerial Instructions and have evidence of one year of continuous full-time(or full-time
equivalent) experience in that occupation;
Category 2: For persons who have arranged employment offer with a Canadian employer;

Category 3: For students or workers who are legally residing in Canada,and have done so for at least
12 months immediately before submitting their application (but this category 3 was
removed post 26 june 2010 )

based on this we classify our category as FSW 1,2 & 3.hope its clear now

not sure about ur second query regarding AEO.

All the Best
Regards
pearl2010

Simp said:
Where do you find the classification of FSW types and if processing depends upon FSW type ?I assume we dont write FSW category when we file the application or VO puts you in the category itself ?
And another thing is if AEO is needed for the person working in 29 list of occupations issued by ministry.If AEO makes any difference in case if you are already working in canada in the profession listed in 29 categories and is in process of continuation.I have been here since aug 2008.

Thanks

S

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Grea8.It is absolutely clear.
I think they merge class 3 into CEC.

Anyway let us wt for the positive news this month though we always hope this every month.

s

pearl2010 said:
Hi Simp,

You can find the FSW classifications in below CIC link,scroll down and see near 'Application Category'
In this link u will be able to see only 2 categories,one category was eliminated post june2010

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp

During the time we had applied,that was under 38 Occupations list,there were 3 Categories and was classified as follows:

Category 1: For persons in an occupation which corresponds to the list of occupations identified in
the Ministerial Instructions and have evidence of one year of continuous full-time(or full-time
equivalent) experience in that occupation;
Category 2: For persons who have arranged employment offer with a Canadian employer;

Category 3: For students or workers who are legally residing in Canada,and have done so for at least
12 months immediately before submitting their application (but this category 3 was
removed post 26 june 2010 )

based on this we classify our category as FSW 1,2 & 3.hope its clear now

not sure about ur second query regarding AEO.

All the Best
Regards
pearl2010

dreaming of canada

Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
Garian will try to answer a few of your?? For you. You can get a bank draft in US dollars we did with no issues to prove funds. As for the SIN card you do not need actual card. When you go to apply for card they print out right then a paper that they will sign and it has your number on it. That along with your COPR and passport should be fine as far as job goes. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your US credit report means nothing here. They could care less! As for cell phone Internet they want your SIN and it will come back that you will have to pay a deposit or have a cap on usage. And cell plans here suck! (I have ranted more than once on here about that). We wound up keeping our plan from the states and we went with Bell satellite and Internet is a box you can take anywhere that it can hit a tower. Your price depends on usage. You buy the box. Apts probably depends if you can give references it would help. As for shipping not sure how that would work. We did ABF U pack cube. We had to go to customs to clear it and the paperwork had to be given to ABF before we could take our things. They did not search it. There are good things about Canada and bad. US credit may not mean anything here but I do know that IMO that it is easier to build credit here then US. We have been here just under 6 months and credit score is almost 700. A lot has to do with my husband purchasing a vehicle here. You can qualify for a secured capital one card and it's optional to put SIN but why would you not want to as that too builds credit here. Also expect to pay deposits on utilities here too. We had to pay 200 for electric and 200 for gas. They said once you pay for a yr you can call and get your deposit back. When you open bank account you need your passport/COPR although the bank came up as an inquiry on the credit report. We keep comparing here to US to me there is no comparison and it will take some time to get used to it here. Good luck to you!

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
Danhass received MR yesterday :)

danhass said:
Received MR today ... aaaaaaahhhhhh ... yesss ... checked my mailbox at 6:10 PM today ...

thanks to all my buddies here for support and good luck to all of you ... don't lose hope

package includes:
- only the medical request ... i sent other stuff (RPRF, PCC, POF) in january

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-01-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
File Transfer...
03-08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-05-2011
WAHEGURU TERA SHUKAR HAI
OMG,,K GUYS HERE YOU GO

I JUST GOT PASSPORT REQUEST,
N I'LL BE VISITING THEM PERSONALLY NEXT WEEK

I STILL DON'T BELEIVE IT,JUST PICKED THE EMAIL FROM MY CONSTULTANT.

I DON'T KNOW WHO ALL TO THANK FOR IT
A BIG LIST INCLUDES,PROFESSIONAL-MARK-ANNE-GARIAN-DANHASS-ELAR-LIST GOES MUCH LONGER
FORGIVE ME IF I FORGOT ANY NAME,
IT'S BEEN A LONG JOURNEY WITH CANADAVISA.COM AND EVERYONE FROM THIS FORUM....

ALL I LEARNT IN THIS PRCOCESS WAS "NEVER SAY NEVER"
THANKS GOD FOR THIS DAY :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

room3

Feb 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats...!!!!!
torontonian2010 said:
WAHEGURU TERA SHUKAR HAI
OMG,,K GUYS HERE YOU GO

I JUST GOT PASSPORT REQUEST,
N I'LL BE VISITING THEM PERSONALLY NEXT WEEK

I STILL DON'T BELEIVE IT,JUST PICKED THE EMAIL FROM MY CONSTULTANT.

I DON'T KNOW WHO ALL TO THANK FOR IT
A BIG LIST INCLUDES,PROFESSIONAL-MARK-ANNE-GARIAN-DANHASS-ELAR-LIST GOES MUCH LONGER
FORGIVE ME IF I FORGOT ANY NAME,
IT'S BEEN A LONG JOURNEY WITH CANADAVISA.COM AND EVERYONE FROM THIS FORUM....

ALL I LEARNT IN THIS PRCOCESS WAS "NEVER SAY NEVER"
THANKS GOD FOR THIS DAY :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.