+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

branda

Nov 11, 2009
Profs
yes, they only sent back the additional family form with sending the whole package. Thank GOD! This was after my application had been reviewed by CIC in canada.

If you look in my previous threads, you will see what my current status says. Do you think paystubs are acceptable for prove of work experience?

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
Hello everybody, I sent my file to CIO NS only couple days ago by USPS. I have chosen Buffalo. I am sure it hasn't even reached CIO. But, only now I realized that my H1 expires in October 2010. Only 11 months left. Can anyone guide me is it possible to change the visa office to New Delhi? If so, will their be a further delay? And how do I make the change at this point? Your guidance is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
canpr:

You will need to write to the Buffalo office explaining why your file needs to be transferred to another visa office. It takes about 3-4 months to get it transferred, if the visa office feels that you have a genuine reason to do the same.

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
Mark, thanks for the prompt response. But, my file hasn't even reAched the CIO. Can I not contact them to send the file to ND instead of Buffalo? Help me understand please.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
canpr:

No, you need to contact Buffalo, not Sydney. I believe you can send the letter after Sydney acknowledges that it has received the file. It will save you some time because it takes about 4-6 weeks for the file to reach Buffalo from CIO. Or you can do it after Buffalo gets the file. Your choice.

Mark

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
Thanks for the guidance, MarkCan.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
branda said:
Profs
yes, they only sent back the additional family form with sending the whole package. Thank GOD! This was after my application had been reviewed by CIC in canada.

If you look in my previous threads, you will see what my current status says. Do you think paystubs are acceptable for prove of work experience?
I think your paystubs accompanied with an explanation letter justifying the reasons of your inability to get the reference letter would be fine.

If you have any tax return documents related to that job, submit them with your application as well, and write another letter containing all of your job duties which you have been doing in that company, with all of the related information to your job contract.

That is what they recomend applicants who cannot provide a reference letter from their employers in the Buffalo checklist.

Good luck.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpr said:
Mark, thanks for the prompt response. But, my file hasn't even reAched the CIO. Can I not contact them to send the file to ND instead of Buffalo? Help me understand please.
I would say give it a try and send an immediate explanation letter to the CIO asking for changing the visa office requested for the processing of your application, i know that they might not respond, but still there is a little chance that they respond.

Anyway, you are not going to lose anything if you give it a try, but do it as soon as possible before they open your application and create your file at the CIO.

Good luck.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Most welcome canpr.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
Friends,

Sorry if this post is a bit off topic. I am preparing documents for my wife and typed in a new post but got no replies. Please give me inputs. Thanks.

Earlier visa office instructions for Buffalo (2007 and 2008 versions) specifically indicated photocopies had to be notarized and then sent along with the application.

I am checking the latest Buffalo visa office instruction guide which does NOT mention that photocopies have to be notarized. they say only documents that are in a language other than English or French need to be accompanied with a notarized translation. Here is the link for the latest instruction guide for Buffalo.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf

Check page 2 below Appendix A checklist.
The sentence (in instruction guide for 2008) "Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be originals" has been completly deleted in the 2009 instruction guide.

Any inputs.

Thanks

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
mpapdp.1984:

I know of quite a few folks who have sent the documents without notarization. It is not a compulsion to notarize them.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
branda said:
Please help my anxious friend. My friend is a USA citizen and applied for canadian PR under FSW(38 lists). She got married to her husband last Oct. 2008. They were school mate in their originated country, and lost contact after primary school. Luckly, they both reunited again in USA ,in Oct. 2007, after many years. Now, the issue is that the husband has felony case with USA immigration and has been ordered to go back to his home country. After several researches on how they can migrate to canada without being denied for Visa, She decided to fill for PR under FSW. She filled as the principal applicant, since she has an outstanding record here in USA and has already qualifed for further processing of their application by nova scovia. She has no record of her marriage in USA, but only in their home country they are recognized as been married. She filled with that marriage certificate from their home country. In the application, she stated that her husband is in their home country and has never been to USA or any other country before, and submitted police clearance of her husband from their home country which proved no criminal record.
1. Now, her question is if they are requested for medical, can her husband do his medical here in USA, since he's still residing here or can he go back to their home country to obtain his without raising red flag to CIC.
2. If her husband leaves USA, he will be banned from returning back due to his felony case.
She needs advice from this forum and any helpful suggestions, and i don't know what to tell her as a friend.
I don't want to give her wrong advice because she said that her reason for doing what she did was that she does not want do live apart from her husband if he's deported from USA. They want to start family. Husband will be in legal status and not fear of any deportation.
Please help this couple. Thanks!
If the husband has a record in the U.S. (a major felony), he will be denied by Canada too. The wife has clearly lied about her husband, thinking she will get away with it. Don't be mistaken. Canada and U.S. share all information related to an applicant. This is a lost case. The chances of getting immigrant visa to Canada are very slim for both the husband and wife.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
branda:

Since the wife is a U.S. citizen, she could have sponsored her husband for a GC provided the felony he committed was not a major one. But based on what you said, he has been asked to leave the country. This clearly shows that he committed a major felony and may not be eligible for even a U.S. sponsorship. In such a case, it is best the couple hire a U.S. based immigration lawyer who can suggest the best course of action.

branda

Nov 11, 2009
Thanks Markcan for your input.

I felt for her so deeply, and pray everything will workout for them. I didn't want to be judgemental to their situation. I have read so many stories on this forum and other forums where people lied about their marriages(fake)to get their PR. I've heard that 80% of immigration cases are lies until proven guilty. I've read about a chinese guy who sponsored his fake wife from china to canada. Not everyone on this forum will admitt their lies to immigration.