+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Professional1:

Applied in the first week of Jan this year, received NS AOR by Feb end, and AOR from Buffalo in April. Since then, e-cas status shows "Received by Visa Office". How about you?

Mark

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MarkCan said:
Professional1:

Applied in the first week of Jan this year, received NS AOR by Feb end, and AOR from Buffalo in April. Since then, e-cas status shows "Received by Visa Office". How about you?

Mark
MarkCan,
I guess you are way way ahead of many people who applied this year.......hopefully things should start moving in Buffalo for you now.....You will surely be a reference mark for most of us on this thread........!!

Buffalo, come ooooon..... let the work begin for 2009 FSW ............!!!

Good Luck

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
Hello friends,

There was some movement on my application yesterday. Was received by Buffalo (Nov 14th 08). Got AOR Mar 18th 09. Got transferred to Detroit Oct 27th 09. Online status of the application was "Application Received". Today that changed to "In Process".

I need inputs for 2 questions.

I got married after I applied and am trying to send my wife's documents. We have all documents ready except the PCC from India and the US; we have requested those and are waiting for them. I'm in doubt whether to submit my wife's documents without the 2 PCC's and give them a written explanation saying the PCC's will be submitted as soon as we receive them OR wait for the PCC and then send all documents together.

2. We are expecting our first child in Feb 09 and my wife is not in a condition to travel in case they call us for an interview. Does anyone have any experience where the processing is delayed a bit when additional documents are sent?

I'm in a real unique situation; everyone wishes their processing goes faster, we are hoping our's is delayed a bit so my wife does not have to travel in her 8th month of pregnancy!

Please give me some inputs friends.

Cheers

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Looking that you are "in process" I would not be surprised if your interview is waived already.
But there are more experienced persons in the forums who can read the situation more exactly.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
mpapdp.1984:

1. If you feel that PCC's will take some time to process, you can send the rest of the documents and put in writing that you will submit the PCC's as soon as you get them. Other way is to do is to wait and send all the documents together. Both work fine (there is no right or wrong way here).

2. You don't need to jump the gun as far as the interview goes. It is very likely that your interview will be waived. Hypothetically, even if there is a 1 percent chance that you will be asked to appear for an interview, you can request the CIC Buffalo for postponing the date. However, their decision will be entirely based on how strongly you present your case to CIC (for example, letter from the doctor attesting to the fact that your wife can't travel under adverse conditions and/or hospital records showing her final stages of pregnancy and her inability to move under duress). I know of at least 2 applicants who were granted reprieve based on the strength of their case (family emergency).

It is a good sign that your case is showing some "movement". When the e-cas shows "In Process", it usually means they have found your application eligible to be processed for immigration. The last hurdle that you need to cross now is medical examination. Hopefully, you will get the medical request soon. Hope this information helps. Good luck and cheers.

Mark

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
Friends,

Thanks for the reply. I emailed the Detroit consulate about my case this morning and got a real fast answer from them. They said they received my application on November 2nd 2009 and screened it on November 10th 2009. They are currently preparing correspondence on the next steps, including instructions on how to add my spouse to the application.

I'll keep the group posted on any further developments.

Good luck to all.

Cheers

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Thanks guys for your views.................

Yes, I tried to contact them via e mail but no reply. As for phone sevice i would try it tomorrow and then I would tell you what happened

One question guys....... Does buffalo start working on the file when online status changes to " In process" or before that????

Thanks

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MARK,

I am applying from within canada (international student in canada).

My timeline is;

Application received by the CIO: June, 8
Approval letter from CIO: August,19 - (via email)
Full documents received by Buffalo: September, 24
AOR received from Buffalo: October: 21 - (via email)
E-case since October 26: "Received by the visa office"

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bravoo said:

Yes, I tried to contact them via e mail but no reply. As for phone sevice i would try it tomorrow and then I would tell you what happened

One question guys....... Does buffalo start working on the file when online status changes to " In process" or before that????

Thanks
If we assume that they are updating your e-case simultaneously with the actual movement of the file, the online status might get changed to "In process "after one week from the starting date.

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
professional 1 said:
canpr said:
Mark, thanks for the prompt response. But, my file hasn't even reAched the CIO. Can I not contact them to send the file to ND instead of Buffalo? Help me understand please.
I would say give it a try and send an immediate explanation letter to the CIO asking for changing the visa office requested for the processing of your application, i know that they might not respond, but still there is a little chance that they respond.

Anyway, you are not going to lose anything if you give it a try, but do it as soon as possible before they open your application and create your file at the CIO.

Good luck.
Professional, sorry that I couldn't respond back to you immediately on your suggestion. I have decided to wait and watch and see how it goes. My visa in the U.S expires during November. If I get my AOR during January and If I submit my complete forms during January, I have about 10 months left to receive the PR or an interview. I read somewhere in the CIC website that if CIC feels that the time is not sufficient enough to process the PR in the US, then they transfer to the applicant's country of citizenship. If that's true, I don't have to take pain in doing this myself. Once again, thanks for your suggestion.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Yarla7bh:

Thanks pal. Will keep you guys updated as and when things start moving at my end. It is good to keep each other updated about the developments in Buffalo, considering the fact that Buffalo is moving at a very slow pace. Good luck to you too. Cheers

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
bravoo said:

Thanks
"In Process" itself means that they have reviewed your application and found it eligible for processing. Once the processing starts, they do all the background and security checks. If satisfied, they ask you to undergo medical examination.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mpapdp.1984 said:
Friends,

Thanks for the reply. I emailed the Detroit consulate about my case this morning and got a real fast answer from them. They said they received my application on November 2nd 2009 and screened it on November 10th 2009. They are currently preparing correspondence on the next steps, including instructions on how to add my spouse to the application.

I'll keep the group posted on any further developments.

Good luck to all.

Cheers
Good for you, and hope that they will finalize your application as soon as possible.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Professional1:

Has anyone contacted you by phone from Buffalo or within Canada (from immigration)?

Mark