+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

branda

Nov 11, 2009
she said that a consultant they used adviced them to fill it as they did. I guess some lawyers are professional lairs.

I'm wishing them the best!

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
I need some feedback from all you Buffalo applicants:

Has anyone received a call from CIC Buffalo office yet, with regards to the application? I have read in some forums that the visa office calls you. Anyone having any knowledge or first-hand experience regarding the same?

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
UPDATE:

An applicant who applied to Buffalo in Nov. 2008 has been asked to submit his PP and medicals. Guess we are not far from 2009 applications being processed. Let us hope this Christmas or NY brings some smiles to people who applied in 2009. Cheers.

Mark

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
MarkCan said:
UPDATE:

An applicant who applied to Buffalo in Nov. 2008 has been asked to submit his PP and medicals. Guess we are not far from 2009 applications being processed. Let us hope this Christmas or NY brings some smiles to people who applied in 2009. Cheers.

Mark
I saw a December 31st applicant getting his file transfered to LA consulate...hope the "lazy Buffalo is moving"..

Negative side is that they were issuing Medicals to October guys 3 months back and now it is Nov. guys. So, it takes 3 months to finish 1 month cases, which increases backlog...this indicates "Buffalo is not moving"...lol...

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Sonu81:

There is no denying the fact that Buffalo is slow, but cases like the ones I saw give you some hope that at least someone is getting somewhere. It may not hold good for everyone, but it still gives you "hope". Everyone's case is different. I know guys who applied after I did but chose other visa offices and are right now in Canada. Guess some luck factor is involved too (as much as we would love to deny it).

Mark

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
Mark

If I'm not mistaken, the November case you are talking about where the guy got request for his medicals, I saw it on Trackitt.com too. The guy however is working in Canada on a work permit, hence I kinda assumed that he jumped the line than others who applied to Buffalo. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Yes, I am anxious too - while a good many files from late 2008 have moved from Buffalo to other consulates this month, a close reading revelas that a number of October and November 2008 applications have still not seen any action at all. I am happy of course for those who a "FINALLY moving" but I can only pray that our own optimism about movement of future files is still valid!!
Oh this is SUCH a roller coaster ride, lol!!

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
mpapdp.1984 said:
Mark

If I'm not mistaken, the November case you are talking about where the guy got request for his medicals, I saw it on Trackitt.com too. The guy however is working in Canada on a work permit, hence I kinda assumed that he jumped the line than others who applied to Buffalo. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Nope, I read it someplace on this forum. We can only speculate that guys who are working in Canada are getting a preference over folks like us who apply from the United States. CIC won't admit the same, but nevertheless based on the cases I have tracked so far, it kinda seems like a trend. It does make sense that someone who already has a work permit in Canada is not a burden to Canadian society and contributes to the same, unlike FSW cases who get the residency first and then search for jobs.

I am hopeful that by March or April 2010, CIC Buffalo will start processing the 2009 applications. Maybe someone on this forum will be the harbinger of this good news in 2009 itself. Cheers

Mark

tuxey

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Seattle, WA, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-04-2010
File Transfer...
15-07-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
28-07-2011
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
17-10-2011
Hey Folks,

I sent request for police cert to FBI almost 2 month ago. 10 days ago my $18 cheque was encashed, but I still did not get any notifications from FBI. Is it normal situation? Please, share your expirience and timeline of getting certificate.

Also, what are the current timelines for the Buffalo processing after NS?

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Hi MarkCan and others,

I need your help. My application is in buffalo since 14th sep. 2009 (more than 2 moths) but no AOR yet. I am getting hopeless now.

plz tell me what could be the possibilities of that delay??????????????????

Plz share.........................thaks

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bravoo said:
Hi MarkCan and others,

I need your help. My application is in buffalo since 14th sep. 2009 (more than 2 moths) but no AOR yet. I am getting hopeless now.

Has your lawyer sent an email to Buffalo ?

As long as you see your online status "Received by the visa office", you are still fine because it means that they received your application and created a file for you in Buffalo and entered your information from the file to the system. However, it is better to get the new file number for any future correspondence.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
tuxey said:
Hey Folks,

I sent request for police cert to FBI almost 2 month ago. 10 days ago my $18 cheque was encashed, but I still did not get any notifications from FBI. Is it normal situation? Please, share your expirience and timeline of getting certificate.

Also, what are the current timelines for the Buffalo processing after NS?
Well, if your check has been cashed and it has been two months since you sent the request, I would suggest that you call their customer care number (shown on their website). They are pretty helpful on the phone.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
bravoo said:
Hi MarkCan and others,

Bravoo:

It is a little unusual but not totally misplaced. If you have filed through a consultant, ask him/her to check carefully if any correspondence regarding your case was received. If not, it is time they email the Buffalo office.

If you filed the application on your own, I hope you did not move places and thus forgot to update your current address with Buffalo office. If none of the above is the case with you, then you best email Buffalo and inquire about your AOR.

Mark

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way Mark,

What is your timeline if you do not mind, i tried to get it from your past posts but i couldn't. would you mind to share it ( Letter from CIO, Buffalo.....etc.

Thanks in advance