+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

PJ126

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/12/2010
AOR Received.
09/03/2011
File Transfer...
01/04/2011
Cytric said:
Hello all,

Would you please kindly advise how can I pay processing fee for my spouse @ Buffalo VO? I recently got married and update my change in family composition to Buffalo VO. I sent my updated application materials along with enclosed "Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence – Federal Skilled Worker [IMM 5620]" for fee payment for my spouse with my credit card information on it. But now I am confused if that mode of payment is accepted to Buffalo visa office.

If not, please advised me the appropriate means of payment and I will act accordingly. If I need to pay by Bank draft or Money order, can I fax them to Buffalo VO directly?

Seniors, Please advise !!

Regards,
CyTric
i just added my son last week and paid with credit card info like you did on the form provided in CIO's site, but i got an email from Buffalo stating that they do not take credit card, and adviced me to buy a cashier check from bank of america for $150.00 and make it payable to general consualte of canada. i just resent my the check to them on tusday. according to usps.com. the check will be delivered it today and i will check closely to see if i can any more emails from buffalo.
after i got an email from them for wrong payment method, i replied back asking some questions. buffalo was very quick in reply.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Any news are you still RBVO?

Rod

PJ126 said:
i just added my son last week and paid with credit card info like you did on the form provided in CIO's site, but i got an email from Buffalo stating that they do not take credit card, and adviced me to buy a cashier check from bank of america for $150.00 and make it payable to general consualte of canada. i just resent my the check to them on tusday. according to usps.com. the check will be delivered it today and i will check closely to see if i can any more emails from buffalo.
after i got an email from them for wrong payment method, i replied back asking some questions. buffalo was very quick in reply.

Ram12345

Mar 22, 2012
PASSPORT REQUEST:

Hello Vermas,

I just got passport request from New york Office. They wanted me to submit passport along with one photo in one envelope and remaining 3 in other envelope.

I just wanted to know about the mailing the passport to them. So there is no way I can send return envelope ? I reside in Canada.

Here is what the email says

"For addresses in Canada:

Standard Procedure: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in Canada via U.S. Postal
Service First Class Mail Regular Mail.

Courier Service: Unless it is prepaid from a corporate account, we will not return your documents
using ANY courier services Fedex, UPS, DHL. "

So I can just mail them through courier with no return envelope ?

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hello all,

Can we do & sent medical reports to Buffalo VO before receipt of medical forms? I have my medical form but I recently update my spouse application after receiving my medicals form. So I was wondering if it is good idea to wait for new medical forms or do medicals for my spouse too and send it along with mine (I already have mine medical forms) to process early? Does anybody have any idea how long will it take to get next medicals in this case.
Please advise !!

CyTric

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
PJ126 said:
I have done the same. Do you have any idea how long will it take to process the case after these updates in application?
Thanks

CyTric

Mirpur

Dec 27, 2011
Hi Guys,

I received the Passport on Friday last week. It took Detroit VO less than a week....They are fast....

I sent the passport on March 14, VO received on March 15, VO stamped the visa on March 20, VO mailed the passport back on March 21 and I received that on March 23. Total time, including mailing, is only 7 business days. ECAS is still saying "In Progress".

Finally everything is done. It took us 2 years 1 month and 10 days from start to end. We are planning to land in Dec at Christmas time. Hopefully it will be no hassles in Manitoba border. Please share experience if anyone has landed from North Dakota to Manitoba through Manitoba/North Dakota border.

Thank you all for all the advise/suggestions/experience share. Please feel free to ask me anything that I can help with, I will try my best.

Good Luck everyone.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

So finally i landed today via Niagara falls,Ontario.I am already living in Toronto.

Got my PR visa stamped in person from Buffalo counsellate today and then came back to Canada via Niagara border and underwent my landing same time.

The landing procedure was simple and straight forward.

1).Handed passports of myself and accompanying family members to Officer.She just needed to verify my current address ( i gave my driver lisence) and secondly job letter which mentioned my annual salary and she didnt ask anything else like bank statement.She handed over us landing paper and same time she took care of application of PR card herself (would be recieving by mail in 4-6 wks).

2).Reported to customs and filled up the form asking for household things which will follow later so could be exempted from duty in case if i get it shipped from back home.

So this was all.

And regarding stamping of PR Visa at Buffalo.I stayed overnight in a hotel near to buffalo counsellate and reached counsellate at 7-30 am.There was a line up and every one was sent inside at 8 am.The lady there took the paper of passport request with 2 photographs and passports which were returned to us at 10 am with visa stamped and landing papers to hand over at Canadian border.

I f you are driving from Toronto,you could go same day rather than staying overnight but try to reach at counsellate at 7-30 am so as to get your things done in time.

All the best every one.

S

xehiaa

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2011
Doc's Request.
November 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
August 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 2014
LANDED..........
October 2014
gotocan said:
I got MR request today along with police certificate.

though I already submitted police certificate.

Any one had same situation for asking again police cerficate?

Please advise.
Hi gotocan,
can you please share your timeline!
thanks

jigral

Star Member
Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFLAO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2010
Doc's Request.
june 2010
Med's Request
Feb 7 2012
Med's Done....
march 6 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 may 2012
LANDED..........
june 30 2012
gotocan said:
I got MR request today along with police certificate.

though I already submitted police certificate.

Any one had same situation for asking again police cerficate?

Please advise.
Hey Gotocan,

I have the same situation i have already done my medicals and were reached Ottawa on march 12 the now I am waiting for the FBI PCC to arrive. I was wondering if any one can give the rough time for the PPR after submitting the FBI PCC and Medicals.

Thanks Guys.

Wish every ones wish to immigrate Canada come true without any hassle.

GOD bless everyone.

can3x8

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Hello Jigral

I am also in same timeline and situation , done medicals & waiting for FBI

Did you get your FBI certificate ? When did you apply FBI

jigral

Star Member
Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFLAO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2010
Doc's Request.
june 2010
Med's Request
Feb 7 2012
Med's Done....
march 6 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 may 2012
LANDED..........
june 30 2012
can3x8 said:
Hello Jigral

I am also in same timeline and situation , done medicals & waiting for FBI

Did you get your FBI certificate ? When did you apply FBI
hey,

I applied on 4th march and am expecting the PCC any time in the week of 15 april (observed, and calculated when i first applied in 2010 it took 43 days to arrive in mail.)

I have sent an UPS return envelope for second day air so it should make some difference.

what about u? did u already applied when?

can3x8

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Thanks Jigral

I applied on 22nd march 2012. So depending on your timeline I will know how long it will take.please update me

Thanks

gotocan

Jun 27, 2011
Hi xehiaa,jigral

My time line
Applied on Mar 12 2010
!st AOR June 30 2010
2nd AOR Sep 29 2011
Medicals:Feb 29 2012
Waiting for PPR.

jigral

Star Member
Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFLAO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2010
Doc's Request.
june 2010
Med's Request
Feb 7 2012
Med's Done....
march 6 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 may 2012
LANDED..........
june 30 2012
gotocan said:
Hi xehiaa,jigral

My time line
Applied on Mar 12 2010
!st AOR June 30 2010
2nd AOR Sep 29 2011
Medicals:Feb 29 2012
Waiting for PPR.
Hey gotocan,

In my case they asked for FBI PCC I got it yesterday and sent to vo now I have.to wait for Any update