+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
Mirpur, stamping for PR doesn't work that way. Over the counter stamping is only possible for Temporary Resident Visas. That too, they have stopped doing the same day stamping on some of the Visa Offices even for TRV. So, the answer is NO. Hope this helps.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
it varies from VO to VO so check with detroit. Los angeles, Buffalo allow it and its same day

Rod

Mirpur said:
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to get the Visa stamped in-person from the VO? I have received PPR yesterday from Detroit VO. I was wondering if it is even possible to go there and get the Visa stamped in-person instead of mailing.

Please let me know if any one know anything about the possibility of Visa stamping in-person.

Good Luck everyone.

Mirpur

Dec 27, 2011
canpr said:
Mirpur, stamping for PR doesn't work that way. Over the counter stamping is only possible for Temporary Resident Visas. That too, they have stopped doing the same day stamping on some of the Visa Offices even for TRV. So, the answer is NO. Hope this helps.
Thanks, I thought that too.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Mirpur,

As I said, check with detroit... here are some examples that it is allowed (first one is detroit)

JWilkinson said:
thanks for the replies.

is anyone familiar with the “Document Return Procedure” for the PPR. it says it should be attached but i was missing that page...

cut from PPR form:

Please submit the valid passports for you and all accompanying family members included in your application to the
Consulate address as indicated below. Please detach any expired passport(s) from the valid passport(s) that you send to our
office. Applicants who send their documents by mail must provide a return address in Canada or the United States to
which their passport(s) can be returned (see the “Document Return Procedure” page attached to this letter). If you do not
have a mailing address in Canada or the United States, you must deliver your passport(s) in person, Monday to Friday, 8:30
a.m. to 12 noon. Your passports will be ready for pick up in ten business days.
SF2005 said:
As promised, here is my experience in Visa Stamping experience at LA VO. The trip was a little expensive (airfare,car rental, hotel room, etc) but it was well worth the peace of mind as I need to make a trip overseas. I flew in the day before the appointment.

Rental Car: I had booked a car on Orbitz (got one for $22/day from Budget, a pretty good deal)

Hotel Room: Stayed at Hollywood Inn Express South ($45/day on Kayak). Was convenient as it was 2.3 miles from the Consulate.

Parking: There are numerous parking garages close by. There is a parking garage just across the street where you can park for $10/day and one in the very next building and if you don't mind walking a few blocks, there are a lot more which are cheaper.

Document submission: I was there at 8.30am and was about the fourth or so in line. Security is strict and they are very particular about the no-cell phone policy so please do switch it off or leave your phone at home. It was such a welcome surprise to be at a consulate office where everyone seemed happy to be there. I waited about five minutes before my turn and went to the window.
The gentleman at the window requested my documents:
1. Approval letter/Passport request letter (printout of email from VO)
2. Passport
3. Two Photographs (make sure you have them to specifications, I went to three photographers (CVS/Walgreens/a local photo-studio and got sub-par pictures). I finally found a photographer in Austin, TX who takes pictures specifically for Canadian Immigration/Visa on a routine basis.
4. RPRF (money order from my bank)
5. Completed Height/Eye color form.
He checked my documents, then went back to get my file and took a few minutes as he went through it. He then gave me a token and asked me to come back at 2.30pm to pick up my passport. I think he could sense how relieved I was; he smiled and said Congratulations.
I walked around for a while, saw the LA Symphony building, went window shopping and had brunch at a nice little French crepe place on 6th street which also gave me a chance to practice my French with the owner. Did some touristy window-shopping/sightseeing till about 2pm.

Passport pickup: I got there at 2.30pm and was second or third in line. Went through security and up to the counter when it was my turn, the lady gave me my passport and envelope with the COPR (photograph affixed) and other instructions, she said Congratulations as she handed them to me.

I took a long time to go over my paperwork to make sure there were no typos, misspellings, etc. The security officer was very understanding and asked me to take my time as I went over my documents. As I was leaving, he wished me the very best for my life in Canada. I was very obvious how very detail- oriented yet very pleasant everyone at the office was. I went back to my hotel room and literally jumped for joy. Thank you Lord.

Hope this helps anyone planning on a trip to LA.
SF2005

Mirpur said:
Thanks, I thought that too.

gotocan

Jun 27, 2011
I got MR request today along with police certificate.

though I already submitted police certificate.

Any one had same situation for asking again police cerficate?

Please advise.

canacani

Star Member
Mar 4, 2010
LANDED..........
30-03-2013
the police certificate is coming for every one. So nothing to worry. If you are in US it will take 2 months .. so please start with your fingerprints asap.

gotocan said:
I got MR request today along with police certificate.

though I already submitted police certificate.

Any one had same situation for asking again police cerficate?

Please advise.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
I have written permission from NYVO to get my visa in person on 5 March 2012.

thebeast184 said:
it varies from VO to VO so check with detroit. Los angeles, Buffalo allow it and its same day

Rod

Sep 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2015
AOR Received.
29-07-2015
gauravbt said:

Hello I have taken money order for Right of Permanent Residence Fee (490$). Do i have to submit any form along with the money order or just a letter stating my file number is enough??
Is this fee receipt link below is required?

//eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/kms/introinit.do?dispatch=introinit&appno=5401&lang=en

Also few of my friends asked me to mail to Mississauga instead of New York.. is it right?

Thanks

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Hi kishorenath007,

When I submitted my RPRF, I just made a letter indicating my name, file number and RE: RPRF
I sent it to my Visa Office since I am applying under FSW. I don't know about Mississauga. your friends maybe applied under different category that's why they submitted it there.

Your VO which is NEW YORK is the one requested for RPRF right? so it means you have to send it there.
Seniors correct me if I'm wrong but that is just my opinion.

All the best! :D

Anne55

kishorenath007 said:
Hello I have taken money order for Right of Permanent Residence Fee (490$). Do i have to submit any form along with the money order or just a letter stating my file number is enough??
Is this fee receipt link below is required?

//eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/kms/introinit.do?dispatch=introinit&appno=5401&lang=en

Also few of my friends asked me to mail to Mississauga instead of New York.. is it right?

Thanks

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hello all,

I am Feb 2010 applicant and my eCAS status shows IN PROCESS. I got married on Jan 2012 and I am thinking to update my status with CIC. So would you please advise what information I need to provide to CIC to update my status, do I have to reprint all my application forms and supplementary docs with updated info's? Meanwhile, I noticed change in CIC application forms now. So do I need to provide updated info's on these new forms or I should stay with forms that I used while applying in Feb 2010. Please advise.

Best Regards,
CyTric

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hello all,

Would you please kindly advise how can I pay processing fee for my spouse @ Buffalo VO? I recently got married and update my change in family composition to Buffalo VO. I sent my updated application materials along with enclosed "Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence – Federal Skilled Worker [IMM 5620]" for fee payment for my spouse with my credit card information on it. But now I am confused if that mode of payment is accepted to Buffalo visa office.

If not, please advised me the appropriate means of payment and I will act accordingly. If I need to pay by Bank draft or Money order, can I fax them to Buffalo VO directly?

Seniors, Please advise !!

Regards,
CyTric

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I got a letter from Buffalo today to submit passports in person or by mail.In addition they just asked for 2 recent passport photographs of myself and accompanying family members + Heigh and eye colour for each member (sent a form for that).

I have a plan to drive to Buffalo counsellate from Toronto.Could i proceed with my landing the same day ?How ? Do i need to take any specific documents ( bank statements / job letter / T4 slips or anything else ) for landing.They didnt mention anything on the letter.

Will appreciate your guidance.

Simp

Sep 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2015
AOR Received.
29-07-2015
Hi Guys,

I was asked to submit passport to newyork office, just after 20 days of my medical examination.

Actually i submitted my passport along with 4 photograph. I realized that all my photograph doesn't have the date stamped at the back. I think its not an issue. But few say i might get my passport returned.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Its not an issue. I just got my visa from NYVO and my pics were not date stamped.

kishorenath007 said:
Hi Guys,

I was asked to submit passport to newyork office, just after 20 days of my medical examination.

Actually i submitted my passport along with 4 photograph. I realized that all my photograph doesn't have the date stamped at the back. I think its not an issue. But few say i might get my passport returned.