+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AvayaLenovo said:
Hello guys!
Congratulations to those who have landed in Canada!

Finally, after 4 months of gruesome waiting, I received a communication from Buffalo office. However, they are asking for original/certified true copy of (1) 2009 Tax Return (2) Proof of funds. My first question is where can I have my tax returns be copy-certified? And do you think a bank statement printed from the bank's website a sufficient proof of my available funds? I wonder why they are asking for proof of funds when I already attached this with my complete application package. Maybe they want to know if my funds are still intact? Anybody who experienced the same?

Thank you in advance to all of you.... God bless to us all! ;)
Traditionally, the certified copies refer to notarized copies. Notarization is best done by authorized Notary persons, which you can find at your local Dept. of Licensing Office or a UPS authorized outlet. Show them the original and they will certify the copy. Don't take a statement from the bank's website. Approach the bank and they can issue you one at a nominal fee. They know the format and will issue you the letter likewise. They mention the average balance over the past 12 months, etc. Bank of America is horrible, they charge 10 - 20 dollars and also it takes them 7 days to send by mail. Other banks do much better.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PND said:
It looks like many people got their VISA and even landed in Canada !! Congrats to all of you !! I am still waiting to hear from them :-(

Here is the current status -

We received your application for permanent residence on September 14, 2009.

We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on November 12, 2009.

On April 21, 2010 I received a mail saying a file has been created in Buffalo Office.

I am getting impatient for the call. Do you know if the Medical call will come along with the request for additional fees of $490 as I didn't submitted it yet. Thanks for all your inputs guys.
PND, I would say that have some more patience. i believe you will get both requests together and soon too. It's best to send then, otherwise things might become lost and forgotten by them, if by chance they think that there are other missing pieces before their action.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jattu1980 said:
Nothing yet Garian. I called Ottawa a few times but no one answered the phone. I emailed NY with my query and I should be hearing something back from them this week..fingers crossed.
Ok, do let me know, when you hear something. Let's hope for the best and wish that things speed up for us

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
garian4u said:
Ok, that helps. That ways, I can try to complete my landing in Vancouver which is just 2.5 hours drive from my place.
Ok. But if you are planning to drive, then your landing point is not Vancouver. Iti will be the point where you enter Canada. I am sure you know that.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Thank you jattu1980. As of now, I have not planned on my settling process yet. I will be returning to US tomorrow and will be working there atleast until the end of this year. Meanwhile I am planning to do some research on the job market here and may be I ll start applying for jobs as well.
Good thoughts Pasi, almost identical to my plans, only that I don't have anything yet to plan :(

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
garian4u said:
Dude, don't tell me. Are you getting spring weather in Summer? I do see that you are getting thunderstorms there and temperatures between 15 - 27 degree celsius. But, does it never have Summer then? Looks to be the weather of Seattle to me. Because, here in Seattle, too, there hardly is a Summer, just isolated 2-3 days of 30+ temps. Do keep me posted on the I-94 saga though. They may not give a new one. I am interested to know what happens.
Last time when I flew to Canada and back to US, they gave me a new I94. Let me see whats happening this time. Just wait for one more day..

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Ok. But if you are planning to drive, then your landing point is not Vancouver. Iti will be the point where you enter Canada. I am sure you know that.
Yeps, I get that. So, it will be Douglas (near Surrey, B.C.) also called White Rock or Peace Arch. Vancouver is a few miles up.

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
Pasi said:
Thank you Honolulu.. yes Toronto has the best weather now. I am enjoying my weekend here with my uncle's family !
Congrats Pasi,

I wish you enjoyed your stay here in Toronto. I had a few questions with the medicals process. I got my medicals done on the 12th of Aug. The place i went for the X-ray, i enquired the guy when these reports will be sent to the doctor and he mentioned 3-4 days. I assume the doctor's office sends all the reports together to the Ottawa office.

I wanted to know if there a way to track this; i am thinking of calling the doctor's office and request them to send it using fedex, dhl to fasten the process. Apart from this, today i will be sending to the NY office, the medicals receipt from the doctor and from the X-ray clinic and also the certified cheque of $490.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
Anil_Toronto said:
Congrats Pasi,

I wish you enjoyed your stay here in Toronto. I had a few questions with the medicals process. I got my medicals done on the 12th of Aug. The place i went for the X-ray, i enquired the guy when these reports will be sent to the doctor and he mentioned 3-4 days. I assume the doctor's office sends all the reports together to the Ottawa office.

I wanted to know if there a way to track this; i am thinking of calling the doctor's office and request them to send it using fedex, dhl to fasten the process. Apart from this, today i will be sending to the NY office, the medicals receipt from the doctor and from the X-ray clinic and also the certified cheque of $490.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Hi Pasi,

I got all the details i guess i needed. I called the X-ray clinic and the lady mentioned that the reports will reach the Doctor's office today. Then i called the doctor's place and the receptionist stated that the blood test reports take 2-3 weeks to come...so the final report will be sent only after that. She mentioned that their office couriers the reports to ottawa so i should not be worried about getting them any faster, just that i have to wait until they get the blood tests reports and the doctor compiles all the tests in 1 report.

Any insights of yours would be helpful.

Thanks again!!

G

gte439u

My application changed to "In Process" on August 13, 2010 at the Buffalo office. Does this change mean that my application will be processed at the Buffalo office, or may it still be shifted to another visa office in the United States?

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Need some information , do they update in ecan when they send physcial mail of medical request. Presently my status is inprocess.

Thanks

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Anil_Toronto said:
Hi Pasi,

I got all the details i guess i needed. I called the X-ray clinic and the lady mentioned that the reports will reach the Doctor's office today. Then i called the doctor's place and the receptionist stated that the blood test reports take 2-3 weeks to come...so the final report will be sent only after that. She mentioned that their office couriers the reports to ottawa so i should not be worried about getting them any faster, just that i have to wait until they get the blood tests reports and the doctor compiles all the tests in 1 report.

Any insights of yours would be helpful.

Thanks again!!
I am surprised to know the blood test results taking longer than the xray. In my case, I was told xray is the one taking time. And you can very well call your DMP office and ask them for a tracking number. Again, in my case, they said they would not be sending it through fedex or UPS. They always used USPS and they were not ready to change it. Yet they gave me the tracking number as promised.

pradeepkumar_v

May 30, 2008
East York, ON., Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
2174 - Programmer Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-08-16
AOR Received.
2010-12-06
Med's Request
2011-07-11
Med's Done....
2011-07-26
Passport Req..
2011-09-22
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-11
LANDED..........
2011-10-11
Hi Folks,

I am wondering how long does central intake office take to respond (after July 26, 2010), after they received the courier?.

I applied to CIO and mine will be forwared to Buffalo ?.

Thanks,

Pradeep Venkatesh.