+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
beauhoe said:
!. Take it to your bank for notorization
2. A copy of your statement will do it.
Cheers,
Thanks, beauhoe! Although I noticed now that my bank only provides quarterly bank e-statements (and I turned off my paper statements). I guess I need to ask my bank for a certificate of savings. :(

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AvayaLenovo said:
Thanks, beauhoe! Although I noticed now that my bank only provides quarterly bank e-statements (and I turned off my paper statements). I guess I need to ask my bank for a certificate of savings. :(
Yes, a certificate or a simply letter from you rbank with your account balance will do it.
Cheers,

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Hey jattu1980, were you able to find out anything? Do keep me posted. I have everything similar to you, albeit with a 3.5-4 week lag and the fact that I am being processed at Buffalo and not New York visa office. Hope to hear from you soon. Although, every case is different, doing some calculations on timeline estimates keeps me happy. At this time, I am nervous, as my tenure in the US is only 3 months left and I need to have a decision on my PR before that.
Nothing yet Garian. I called Ottawa a few times but no one answered the phone. I emailed NY with my query and I should be hearing something back from them this week..fingers crossed.

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good going Pasi..I am happy for you...so what are your plans now..u will be coming back to US and continue working here or will initiate the process of settling down in Canada?

Pasi said:
Good morning Friends, I have an update. My landing process is done. Last night I landed in Toronto. Process is pretty much simple and straight forward. I am sure lot of people here have already shared their landing experience. So I ll try and make it short.

1. Just after landing, we ll be passing through a customs counter where we have to declare that we are carrying funds more than $10000 CAD. No other checking here. No checking for the money as well. I had it as travellers cheques for $11000 and $1000 in cash.

2. Next is the immigration counter. Once we tell them we are here for landing, they ll direct us to a different counter. The officer here will ask for our COPR form and our passport. He does his work there and after 5-10 mins of typing, told me the magical words "Welcome to Canada. As of today, you are a resident of Canada". :). He also told me my PR card will be coming in

3. Next is the customs officer. This is the person who ll check for our B4 forms for the goods accompanying and goods to follow. He was impressed by the paper work I had done with the forms. He just signed and sealed all of them and did not ask to open my box.

Thats it. I was given one more welcome kit and shown my way into Toronto. My uncle was waiting outside to pick me. Now I am at his place enjoying the weekend !!!

Last but not least, A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE.. I am not going to mention any names, everyone of you here has been helping me in one or the other way. My best wishes to everyone to get into Canada soon. Please feel free to post your queries. I would try my best to give you the answers. Thanks again! Have a good weekend!

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Honolulu said:
Hey Pasi,
Lets know how the adrenalin is flowing.
Summer is time for all beauty to blossom!!
Best wishes at Toronto!!
Thank you Honolulu.. yes Toronto has the best weather now. I am enjoying my weekend here with my uncle's family !

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
beauhoe said:
Hey,
Relax you are going to make it. No need to wait for them to ask you about the additional fee $490. Send it to show them that you are still interested on coming to Canada.
They ll ask you for the RPRF along with the medical request. You can send it to them at that point.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
jattu1980 said:
Good going Pasi..I am happy for you...so what are your plans now..u will be coming back to US and continue working here or will initiate the process of settling down in Canada?
Thank you jattu1980. As of now, I have not planned on my settling process yet. I will be returning to US tomorrow and will be working there atleast until the end of this year. Meanwhile I am planning to do some research on the job market here and may be I ll start applying for jobs as well.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Good morning Friends, I have an update. My landing process is done. Last night I landed in Toronto. Process is pretty much simple and straight forward. I am sure lot of people here have already shared their landing experience. So I ll try and make it short.

1. Just after landing, we ll be passing through a customs counter where we have to declare that we are carrying funds more than $10000 CAD. No other checking here. No checking for the money as well. I had it as travellers cheques for $11000 and $1000 in cash.

2. Next is the immigration counter. Once we tell them we are here for landing, they ll direct us to a different counter. The officer here will ask for our COPR form and our passport. He does his work there and after 5-10 mins of typing, told me the magical words "Welcome to Canada. As of today, you are a resident of Canada". :). He also told me my PR card will be coming in

3. Next is the customs officer. This is the person who ll check for our B4 forms for the goods accompanying and goods to follow. He was impressed by the paper work I had done with the forms. He just signed and sealed all of them and did not ask to open my box.

Thats it. I was given one more welcome kit and shown my way into Toronto. My uncle was waiting outside to pick me. Now I am at his place enjoying the weekend !!!

Last but not least, A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE.. I am not going to mention any names, everyone of you here has been helping me in one or the other way. My best wishes to everyone to get into Canada soon. Please feel free to post your queries. I would try my best to give you the answers. Thanks again! Have a good weekend!
Great experience Pasi :) Congrats once more. Since, i have not gone through it yet, I had this question - do we really need to take that money with us for landing (i.e. Traveller's cheques)? I mean can't we just show our Bank statement and say that we will be getting those converted later on? Just a question?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Dude, it does not matter. I mentioned Calgary in my application and landed now in Toronto. And you can start your living anywhere you get a job or plan to settle. I dont think anyone would question you for that.
Ok, that helps. That ways, I can try to complete my landing in Vancouver which is just 2.5 hours drive from my place.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Landing was smooth and I have shared my experience here. Weather is quite normal. Just like a regular spring. My I94 was not removed from my passport. I will keep you posted what happens when I get back to US. I am sure they would be giving a new one.
Dude, don't tell me. Are you getting spring weather in Summer? I do see that you are getting thunderstorms there and temperatures between 15 - 27 degree celsius. But, does it never have Summer then? Looks to be the weather of Seattle to me. Because, here in Seattle, too, there hardly is a Summer, just isolated 2-3 days of 30+ temps. Do keep me posted on the I-94 saga though. They may not give a new one. I am interested to know what happens.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Only few last night at the airport and the girl who was sitting behind me in the plane from whom I borrowed a pen to fill my declaration form ;)
What??? What's going on dude? I thought you were married... ;) ;D :p

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallduck said:
I was about to ask Pasi the same question, however to my best guess, there won't be any problems with I-94 then. We - legally immigrant in US - can go to Can/Mex for less than 30 days and coming back without a Visa. The custom will be checking I94 and I20 and/or other equivalent documents.
smallduck, I just want to be sure. I have entered Canada twice on a visitor visa - once for 2 days and once for 3 days. My I-94 didn't change in either case. However, at that time I had a valid visa. I am now on an expired visa and legally residing on an I-94 extension. If the I-94 changes (because this time it's a PR and not a Visitor visa for Canada), then I will not be able to re-enter the US. For issuing the new I-94 they will require a fresh visa, which means I will have to get an appointment at a US consulate in Canada before re-entry or go back to India for that. That is why I am interested to know, what happens in Pasi's case.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spur230 said:
here are my detail:
Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on November 2, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on January 12, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the New York office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the New York office on January 20, 2010. The New York office may contact you.

We transferred your application to the New York office on July 27, 2010. The New York office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on August 3, 2010.
spur230, looks like you should receiving your medical requests anytime in the next few weeks