+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Thanks garian...my draft is already encashed this week...i checked from bank yesterday
@ sajid.....u can expect medical within 1-2 months...no update in ecas...still in process

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
roopa82 said:
Can anybody help me please
I send all requested documents and rprf fees in first week of july....but till now they haven't cashed draft...is it normal.....actuaaly my file is transferred to other visa office.....i sent all my documents...but by mistake i didn't write immigration section on top of it....

visa office sent me the medical request....and on the envelope they had written address...i sent my documents to same address...but when i checked their letter later....address is written as--immigration section.... (same address)blablabla......USA.....

i emailed them to confirm if immi section has received all my doc....its over month now....no response
I am not sure if this would help; maybe someone can advice more. What if you send them a fax with the copies of your medicals and draft with a cover letter stating you addressed it incorrectly.

Would wish to hear on this from the seniors here....

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Thanks anil...i already replied that they have received my documents....i also got reply today...sometimes things happen all of sudden...i am going to expect decision soon....hope this long wait is going to end...and in my case they requasted funds again....u know how much effort...to get correct documnts back home.....every time...there is mistake...thry r confused in writing even names..ms mrs ..miss...mr

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
@ anil..it was not wrong address...i just didnt write immigration section....even i called courier service yesterday morning ...she told me that they delivered all the mails at front desk...and then the person concerned(immigration employee) deliver it to respective sections......she told me not to worry...if i had not written the section..then he will open it to check .....................but again.....dont do the mistake....send all the documents to the address written in the letter...........cross check everything.........one mistake can ruin everything....

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
@pasi and canadacanada

Do we need to show funds at the time of landing......i have my accounts back home....so in that case....do i need to get original bank leters again...

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
igtar said:
Hey guys,

I have an update, I picked up my visa from Detroit office on Monday then drove to Canada for few days to find an apartment to stay - I did not land yet, I want to find a residence first, sign the lease and then move...

Best luck to everyone ;)

Igtar
Hey igtar, I am a bit confused... Which visa did you pick up from Detroit visa office? Is it a visitor visa or your PR visa? If PR visa, then first of all congrats. But, if you had the PR visa, then how did you not complete landing formalities although you entered Canada? If you had 2 types of visa, still the PR would take precedence and if you had PR only then without completing landing, how can you proceed? Unless, you are yet to get your PR, but in the interim picked up a visitor visa, to explore Canada. I am not trying to ask too much of you, but can you clear up the confusion a bit?

I

igtar

Hi garian4u,
I got my PR visa. I'm a US citizen so I can travel to Canada as much as I want therefore when I entered Canada I just told IO that I'm not ready to land and just want to find/rent a new residence for myself...
Thank you for your warm congrats.
;)

I

igtar

Honolulu,
I got your message dude, please send me your phone number and I will call you to discuss, otherwise it would be too much to type :D

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
igtar said:
Hi garian4u,
I got my PR visa. I'm a US citizen so I can travel to Canada as much as I want therefore when I entered Canada I just told IO that I'm not ready to land and just want to find/rent a new residence for myself...
;)
Aaah, got you. Superb!! Then congrats once again. One more addition to the list :D Hoping, I get to hear something good soon too. Buffalo can take upto 3 months between medical request and passport request, which has me a bit worried here, as my US visa expires in less than 3 months from now. I am counting on some miraculuous wishes from beauhoe ;)

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jattu1980 said:
Nothing yet Garian. I called Ottawa a few times but no one answered the phone. I emailed NY with my query and I should be hearing something back from them this week..fingers crossed.
Hey jattu1980, anything yet? Was NY office able to respond to your query? Keep me posted, please

PND

Star Member
Jul 22, 2009
Hey guys, I posted the query regarding Medical 3 days back and guess what I got the Medical request yesterday from Buffalo office. Looks like my documents were fine. Now next week I am planning to get my Medicals done. More to come.

I

igtar

garian4u said:
Aaah, got you. Superb!! Then congrats once again. One more addition to the list :D Hoping, I get to hear something good soon too. Buffalo can take upto 3 months between medical request and passport request, which has me a bit worried here, as my US visa expires in less than 3 months from now. I am counting on some miraculuous wishes from beauhoe ;)
I hope you'll hear something sooner than that. I'm also pretty sure that as far as you overstay your US visa for less than 180 days you are NOT subject to 3 and/or 10 years bar to be admitted to US... hope you won't have to go that route!

Also, if you will travel to Canada by car to complete landing process make sure you turn in your arrival/departure record to US CBP before you cross the bridge/tunnel so they record your departure. Hope that helps!

Good luck, dude ;)

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
roopa82 said:
@ pasi and canadacanada

Do we need to show funds at the time of landing......i have my accounts back home....so in that case....do i need to get original bank leters again...
well, dont know how to explain this...the officer asked about it..very flatly..like i need to see it..so without fumbling I put 15k ( all in cask) in from him in an envelope and told him "you can count, if you want to"..that guy was preety sleepy..and thats it about the fund thing..I told him to have a nice sleep...lol

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
igtar said:
Hi garian4u,
;)
couldn't help wonder, why are u moving to Canada where there is so much less opportunity then US...just wondering

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
igtar said:
I hope you'll hear something sooner than that. I'm also pretty sure that as far as you overstay your US visa for less than 180 days you are NOT subject to 3 and/or 10 years bar to be admitted to US... hope you won't have to go that route!

Also, if you will travel to Canada by car to complete landing process make sure you turn in your arrival/departure record to US CBP before you cross the bridge/tunnel so they record your departure. Hope that helps!

Good luck, dude ;)
I dont understand about handing over the I-94 for departure record..no one ever asked me even I was flight-out many times...

But want to ask you a Qquestion about my friend staying more then a year after his visa expire..and he didn't hand over his i-94...was travelling via car for landing...and how if he needs to travel back to use for his job ..will there be any issue to get visa? or 3/10 yr ban on him?