+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application sent in Feb 2013, who already received the acknowledgment letter?

Behnam_canada

Aug 25, 2013
zawaar said:
Hi Jrsee
I applied in march 2013 and file transferred to local office in july
Hi Zawaar,

Your application is going very fast, that's awesome. Do you mind sharing more detail on your case? In particular, did you ever leave the country during your wait period after/before becoming PR? Thanks :)

espn103

Sep 16, 2013
Hi...My details are :-
Applied 26 Feb,2013
In Process 1 May,2013
File transferred to Mississauga Office :- 26 July,2013

And i called CIC on Friday last week and the lady on the phone told me that everything looks good on the file and I'll be receiving the letter for the test before 11 April,2014 and if I don't get any letter before that then I should call them back ...Can anyone tell me is she saying the right thing or CIC say these regularly to all clients.Thanks for reading my post.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
espn103 said:
Hi...My details are :-
Applied 26 Feb,2013
In Process 1 May,2013
File transferred to Mississauga Office :- 26 July,2013

And i called CIC on Friday last week and the lady on the phone told me that everything looks good on the file and I'll be receiving the letter for the test before 11 April,2014 and if I don't get any letter before that then I should call them back ...Can anyone tell me is she saying the right thing or CIC say these regularly to all clients.Thanks for reading my post.

From the date you became PR did you travel outside of Canada to any other country ?

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
espn103 said:
I have travelled 8-10 times ranging from 5 months to 1 week outside Canada.
Your timeline is similar to mine. I applied for Citizenship in Feb 2013 and processing started in May 2013. I too had traveled outside of Canada couple of time to USA & India. Not to scare you but people who travel outside of Canada before they apply for Citizenship, fall under the category of non-routine applications who can expect to find their processing time is longer than other people and can receive RQ. I am telling you this so that you don't find your self in deep frustration and handle things calmly as they come. And most importantly keep every one updated and take updates from every one :)

PR42LONG

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
Your timeline is similar to mine. I applied for Citizenship in Feb 2013 and processing started in May 2013. I too had traveled outside of Canada couple of time to USA & India. Not to scare you but people who travel outside of Canada before they apply for Citizenship, fall under the category of non-routine applications who can expect to find their processing time is longer than other people and can receive RQ. I am telling you this so that you don't find your self in deep frustration and handle things calmly as they come. And most importantly keep every one updated and take updates from every one :)
What? I have been a PR for over 20 years and I travelled every year for a vacation (1-3 weeks per year). I have always worked or/and went to school full time since I came here as a kid. I am kinda scared to be placed in the non-routine processing time line - it is ridiculously long.
I am already upset with the fact that I had to prove I speak English, even though my landed papers stated English only as a child and I came from an English only speaking country.
It is hard to not be frustrated at this process

Behnam_canada

Aug 25, 2013
Moe... said:
How confident you are against the above statement? CIC web page does not say such a fact. Is it based on the stats you see here?

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Behnam_canada said:
How confident you are against the above statement? CIC web page does not say such a fact. Is it based on the stats you see here?
Hi PR42LONG,

Why didn't you apply for Citizenship many yrs back? It was so easy back then. I got my PR in 2006, after that i went back to USA to complete my studies. Came back to Canada by land in 2009, completed 1130 days of physical presence in Canada and applied for PR card renewal as my card expired and they tagged my PR card renewal as non-routine application and sent to Ottawa for further verification.

They are scrutinizing people who have traveled outside of Canada and especially to USA in the last 4 yr period from the time you apply for Citizenship.

Earlier the better, once you complete more than 1095 days in Canada in the last 4 yr period, you can apply for Citizenship.

Drnobel

May 2, 2013
Hi guys,
my file got updated at the end of last month. I did the test on Sep.16 and has been informed to expect the ceremony by the end of october. During the time of my PR i have traveled at least 50 times to the US and apparently that did not affect my application. Here is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 14, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 14, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 30, 2013.

We sent you a notice on August 27, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Drnobel said:
Hi guys,
my file got updated at the end of last month. I did the test on Sep.16 and has been informed to expect the ceremony by the end of october. During the time of my PR i have traveled at least 50 times to the US and apparently that did not affect my application. Here is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 14, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 14, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on August 27, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
You got test in just 7 months? That's super fast :eek: WOW ;D

Bro what good deed did you do in your life 8) or was your file special?

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hi Drnobel,

Congratulations! Where is your local office?

Drnobel said:
Hi guys,

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Up until yesterday, I had two lines on e-cas for my citizenship application - "received", and "in process". Today, the "received" line disappeared. I click on "in process", and there is no change there. I will call CIC on Monday to see if there are any updates on my file. Here is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 18, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 3, 2013.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
YYZguy416 said:
Up until yesterday, I had two lines on e-cas for my citizenship application - "received", and "in process". Today, the "received" line disappeared. I click on "in process", and there is no change there. I will call CIC on Monday to see if there are any updates on my file. Here is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 18, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 3, 2013.
Ours got disappeared already as month ago. We called CIC, the agent said the there had not been done any changes on our application...