+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application sent in Feb 2013, who already received the acknowledgment letter?

jaeco

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 8,2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 8, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 3, 2013.

Drnobel

May 2, 2013
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 14, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 14, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 30, 2013.

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 18,2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 3, 2013.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 7, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 7, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 2, 2013.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanuckForEver said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 7, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 7, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 2, 2013.
From my status update above, one thing is quite puzzling me. They say they sent this book on 7/March/2013 but I haven't received till date. That's like what 2 months delay? I mean, we all know about how lousy Canada Post can be sometimes, but I guess this lousiness is even lower than Canada Post's bar for lousiness. I guess the CIC is mailing the package only on the day it starts processing the application. Then why say (lie!) that it has already sent the package on the very day it received the application and indirectly imply the mail delay is why you would not receive it for 2+ months? Quite baffling. Am I missing something here?

Intel

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2005-09
Med's Request
2009-08
Med's Done....
2009-10
Passport Req..
2010-05
VISA ISSUED...
2010-06
LANDED..........
2010-07
CanuckForEver said:
From my status update above, one thing is quite puzzling me. They say they sent this book on 7/March/2013 but I haven't received till date. That's like what 2 months delay? I mean, we all know about how lousy Canada Post can be sometimes, but I guess this lousiness is even lower than Canada Post's bar for lousiness. I guess the CIC is mailing the package only on the day it starts processing the application. Then why say (lie!) that it has already sent the package on the very day it received the application and indirectly imply the mail delay is why you would not receive it for 2+ months? Quite baffling. Am I missing something here?
The issue is with e-CAS not being modifed for the new changes on the application processing (a.k.a Language + CBSA Consent). CIC sends the AOR package on the day it starts processing the application.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Intel said:
The issue is with e-CAS not being modifed for the new changes on the application processing (a.k.a Language + CBSA Consent). CIC sends the AOR package on the day it starts processing the application.
Thanks Intel for sharing this insight .

Ayinka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
U.S.
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8th 2012
AOR Received.
3/16/12
Med's Request
3/16/12
Med's Done....
3/21/12- in process since May 3rd 2012
My partner's ECAS status shows Application Received and AOR + booklet sent March 14, 2013 as well as processing started May 8th and here I was freaking out about Canada Post losing our docs since we had not received anything yet! Guess we should be getting them shortly. Someone should start a tracking spreadsheet with everyone's info so we can keep track of our applications and try to estimate timelines...

zawaar

Nov 16, 2011
received acknowledgment letter today by mail.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 3,2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 3, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 4, 2013.

zawaar

Nov 16, 2011
jaeco said:
zawaar, which province are you in? I still have not received the letter?

Thanks
jaeco, my province is ontario, Mississauga office
I think you will get it on tuesday by mail.

smk89

Feb 7, 2013
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 21, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 21, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 19, 2013