+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application refused - ECA not provided

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The second question I got was:
"I did not enter my WES # before ITA and answered "No" to the question asking if WES Assessment had been done in the past. I have my but WES Assessment done now and I am wondering if it is safe to add that on my Application? Can I also change the proof of funds to 0 because i indicated the minimum requirement of 12k in my EE profile before ITA. Has anyone changed information that do not affect scores like in my situation?"

If you have the ECA now, then please add it to your application (that's why you did it in the first place). Just check if the information is correct before sending. Even if not required in your case (I'm assuming you're under CEC and have a job offer, otherwise I don't see how you got enough points without ECA).

Why play with proof of funds ? Just state what you have and attach proof. Even if not a requirement in your case. if you don't have anything, then say zero but otherwise put the right amount in there. They want to bring people that will succeed in Canada, and having money certainly helps. If not a requirement, they cannot reject you on this basis, but they can have a more thorough look at your whole application. To me, the best approach is to tell the truth, not to play games. Just my two cents...

Those are the two personal messages I got. I will not reply to any further pm, unless there i strong reason for it being a pm. But I will always try to reply to public queries on this forum, as this helps everyone and not just the person asking it. I don't mean to be rude, just want to manage my own time.

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Hi,
Is your application rejected because you didn't had Bachelors ECA ?

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The ECA for my Masters was missing from the application. So I submitted an incomplete application without realizing it (I had entered the ECA # when creating the EE profile, but this did not copy to the final application and I did not notice).

I do not have an ECA for my bachelors and do not think this is needed. This was not the issue in my case, as explained earlier.

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Dear eddie_in_NL,
Brother,

Did you finally get the PR? (Date)
Did you ever got your bachelor's ECA?
Did they ever ask/demand you about the bachelor ECA?

Thanks on advance

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Guys, I have a related question here:
CIC site says:
=============
Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of

secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
=============

But I don't have transcripts. Only have ECA certificate and degrees & marksheets. For my ECA I just provided university registrar attested copies of my marksheets and degrees to WES.
So do I need to get transcripts as well for ITA submission?

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
A transcript is the attested copy or print of your make sheets where examination office of the university attests your scores. This attested marksheet is sealed on an envelope, making it a transcript. This is what you must have sent to wes to obtain that ECA. And that is all you need - the ECA certificate in hard original copy + the electronic copy (which was a part of your ECA package) already sent to CIC by wes.

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Lakhanpal.saurabh said:
A transcript is the attested copy or print of your make sheets where examination office of the university attests your scores. This attested marksheet is sealed on an envelope, making it a transcript. This is what you must have sent to wes to obtain that ECA. And that is all you need - the ECA certificate in hard original copy + the electronic copy (which was a part of your ECA package) already sent to CIC by wes.
Thanks for the reply Saurabh. Two things-
Firstly, I think transcript is not same as attested copies of marksheets but they may be more detailed like details of course contents etc. For India WES asks for either (a) attested copies of marksheets or (b) transcripts. I went with option(a) and WES assessment got completed without any problem.

Secondly, I am confused about mandatory requirement of transcripts based on following posted on CIC site, so do we need to provide transcript document as well as they have put the word 'and'
==========
Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of

secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
===========

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
knowAndShare said:
Firstly, I think transcript is not same as attested copies of marksheets but they may be more detailed like details of course contents etc. For India WES asks for either (a) attested copies of marksheets or (b) transcripts. I went with option(a) and WES assessment got completed without any problem.

Secondly, I am confused about mandatory requirement of transcripts based on following posted on CIC site, so do we need to provide transcript document as well as they have put the word 'and'
==========

===========
Since already you have done ECA, hence you may provide degree, mark sheet and ECA. CIC guideline says transcripts if available.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
knowAndShare said:

==========

===========
Lakhanpal.saurabh is correct. Transcripts are nothing but attested copies of your mark sheets which indicate courses taken and grades received. In essence, they are a duplicate set of original mark sheets authorized/attested by the same authority who is responsible for conducting examinations at your University/institution.

Have a look here ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcript_(education)

IRCC doesn't need transcripts - they just ask for the degree/diploma/certificate. Transcripts may be attached if available. ECA reference number is provided as part of the EE application. ECA report may be attached.

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lakhanpal.saurabh said:
Dear eddie_in_NL,
Brother,

Did you finally get the PR? (Date)
Did you ever got your bachelor's ECA?
Did they ever ask/demand you about the bachelor ECA?

Thanks on advance
Hi

Yes, I got PPR last month (Jan 22). Had to renew passports so only sent them yesterday, but don't expect any issues from now on.

I never got my bachelor's ECA and they never asked. I only submitted a copy of my diploma and translations, but no ECA for bachelor. Only for masters.

Regards

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
eddie_in_NL said:
Hi

Yes, I got PPR last month (Jan 22). Had to renew passports so only sent them yesterday, but don't expect any issues from now on.

I never got my bachelor's ECA and they never asked. I only submitted a copy of my diploma and translations, but no ECA for bachelor. Only for masters.

Regards
Please explain diploma and "translations"

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Lakhanpal.saurabh is correct. Transcripts are nothing but attested copies of your mark sheets which indicate courses taken and grades received. In essence, they are a duplicate set of original mark sheets authorized/attested by the same authority who is responsible for conducting examinations at your University/institution.

Have a look here ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcript_(education)

IRCC doesn't need transcripts - they just ask for the degree/diploma/certificate. Transcripts may be attached if available. ECA reference number is provided as part of the EE application. ECA report may be attached.
Thanks for clearing the air Asivad.

Thanks Lakhanpal.saurabh and rajibsam.

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lakhanpal.saurabh said:
Please explain diploma and "translations"
my degree was not in English not French, therefore it needs translations like every other document

Sorobu

Dec 4, 2015
How did you review
I eventually figured out how to review the submitted application and think I figured out what happened.

I believed the information did not transfer out from the express entry profile to the application itself. On the EE profile, the ECA is there with all the correct information. On the application, it is answered "no" to the question asking if I have an ECA for this degree.

I probably overlooked this and did not check if all the information was transferred correctly, just assumed it was.
In this case, I believe it would have been refused even if I had uploaded the ECA.

This will cost me 500$ To get all police certificates again, unless I receive another ITA soon. And if takes longer, I may need to redo IELTS or even Medicals, etc...

Right now, I'm hoping this is the only mistake I had done, because I learned my lesson: check and double check everything again and again. Do not assume the information transferred automatically is correct. If you have a friend or colleague you can ask, please have then review it as well before you submit.

Good luck to us all
how did you review your e-APR eddie? Im struggling to see as I didn't check if my number had been transferred from EE. Eeek. I also only uploaded a soft copy of the ECA with my diploma certificate and transcripts. Should this be a problem?

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
How did you review

how did you review your e-APR eddie? Im struggling to see as I didn't check if my number had been transferred from EE. Eeek. I also only uploaded a soft copy of the ECA with my diploma certificate and transcripts. Should this be a problem?
The person your posting the query to was last seen in Mar 2017, so highly doubt whether he'll be back to answer you. My suggestion would be to open a new thread and ask the query there. Good luck.